Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
I just went to the M401 about two weeks ago and I have had no problems with draw. I get nice full vapor and I consistently get a great throat hit. My wife and I started with the RN4081 in July but I saw the Dragon M401 and like the looks. After reading good comments I went with it and don't regret it. The carts all fit nice and tight so I'm not getting the juice mouth like I did often with the RN4081. I've found the 401 has a nice, long and easy draw every time.

Nunya32

Jun 13, 2009
If I draw on just a cart with no atty, there is almost no resistance. If I draw with cart + atty there's a ton. Adding the battery make no difference. I thought the battery would be the problem too, but it's definitely the atty.

That is true with all of them. I've got a 510 also, & just did what you said, got the same results.
I seem to get my best, long term, draws on my 401 by dripping a few drops on the atty when I fill/change the cart(or just puddle the cart & stick the atty in it to clean up the excess). When you put it down, how do you lay it? If it's battery end up, you could be draining your atty & it will be a hard pull til you get some juice back on it.
The 401 seems to get the best taste out of the juice to me and after breaking it in, it produces some awesome vapor, but, sometimes it's just downright .....y.:)
Also, blowing in that small hole on the flat part below the threads every now & then does seem to help. I got a smoother, quieter draw.
SS...

ZorbaTheGreek

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
So today I got some parts in the mail for my mod I'm working on. 510 pressfits for the battery. Some adapters, 510>401 and 510>901. And a box of 801 cartridges. Just too giddy and playing with the adapters, I put my 401 on my 510 battery. And it has a much easier draw! I'm totally in love with my 401 again! I think it has better flavor and is less juice hungry than the 510. Pulled apart a 801 cart and stuffed a whistle tip on it and I'm so happy! Can't wait to get my mod done because I'm really loving this setup. It's the total frankenstein ecig now, 510 battery, 401 atty and cart, and a 801 whistle tip :D but it's vaping like a champ! :)

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
What is a PGA soak?

The attys from different suppliers must be totally different. I got a few from RMV and there is almost no resistance to the air flow. I actually built a box mod for the 401's from a 510 atty that died. On a box mod you really don't want the juice to get inside the box so I soldered the center pole hole closed when I attached the wire inside. Big mistake, it had no draw at all. The holes by the threads do nothing on my mod at all, even though the 510 atty is a perfect match for the 401. I had to pull the center pole out again and remove the solder but having done that it has a draw as close to an analog as I have seen. After a few weeks of direct dripping it does seem to clog up a little but after a PGA soak it is back to the same no resistance draw.

It is funny that I only ordered the 401's because they match the 510 atty and would make good connectors for a 510 mod. After using one for a while I find it has the easiest draw of all my stuff, so good that I don't even use any of my 510's at all. For only 7.00 shipped I will not be using them for 510 connectors but will replace them when the first one dies with more. It may be that I cut the end off of the cart and threw away the inner cart that makes it such an easy draw or the fact that the center hole is large enough to slide most of a toothpick into but the atties that I have are by far the best draw of any that I have, including all my 510's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread