Insomniacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Well I guess it can't be all bad, some wouldn’t live anywhere else. But then I am not overly fond of cities in general. After a few hours I'm ready to get back to the slower pace and green landscapes. Northern CA is beautiful. The vegetation is so lush.
I am kind of on the fence. I am more used to living in the city. We lived in BC for 2 years and it was nice but we ended up moving back to the city. I had to work in LV because jobs were scarce out there and paid $7 less an hour. We had to come into town to shop also because everything was a lot more expensive out there. Money and convenience keep me here but the cost of rent has gone way up. Forget about buying anything for a while...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I want to move out to the country and do my own thing. A ranch style house on 5-10 acres would be ideal.
Entails a lot of work and equipment if you have a longer winter unless you can work from home. On the bright side you can have goats!

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
You can buy an empty lot for 2800 down here. Build your house for around 30-70,000 depending on finishes.
We were looking at Madison WI before. Found a home in the $70,000 range with basements and on a little lake. Wish I could make what I can make here and live there.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I am bored at work, so I looked up world cattle populations. I assume India has the most because they are sacred, and they don't eat them.

2deb6dcf.JPG

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
We were looking at Madison WI before. Found a home in the $70,000 range with basements and on a little lake. Wish I could make what I can make here and live there.
Gets pretty damn cold up there skunk. I mean really freaking cold. Very long cold winters up there. BTW it gets wicked cold in Wisconsin.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I am bored at work, so I looked up world cattle populations. I assume India has the most because they are sacred, and they don't eat them.

2deb6dcf.JPG
You're one of those odd ducks that squonks instead of quacks aren't you? Don't bother denying it, we've seen the pictures.

Reactions: stols001

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Gets pretty damn cold up there skunk. I mean really freaking cold. Very long cold winters up there. BTW it gets wicked cold in Wisconsin.
I know. That's the reason we didn't do it. She was the one wbo wanted to move. She lived in Milwaukee and Sheboygan. My relatives are all in Eastern IA and WI. My folks moved here to get away from that.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
That’s a relief. I was afraid you'd gone from wanting a few acres to a couple hundred acre cattle ranch. Those ten gallon hats are pretty cool so it might be worth it to have an excuse to buy one.
I'd need a big belt buckle, and some cowboy boots too. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread