Insomniacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's the thing about CA "salaries" you won't make them anywhere else because of the cost of living.

My mortgage is less than $650 a month and we live on an acre.... We did buy low but even more so, it's in TUCSON.

LOL I will be entering an odd situation where I will be making 20K more than I ever have as a SW (even on the East Coast) but it was a weird confluence of factors and also, SW is the only Master's degree profession where people routinely hover just above minimum wage. For those who want to IMPROVE society, I never quite got it, seems like an important job. But I am entering an arena of SW that is the HIGHEST paid of all, kind of by accident. Trust me when I say I am okay with it.

You could not pay me enough to live in LA, I drove through it ONE time and was like, "I do not understand this, at all."

Anna

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Even as I kid I didn’t understand wanting to live in LA. Cali yes but not that city.
you would have to be from here to get it. Home is what you know and I was raised here. It still has its appeal to me (sometimes) and everything is here

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
you would have to be from here to get it. Home is what you know and I was raised here. It still has its appeal to me (sometimes) and everything is here
A lot of people dont get LVeither but it is my hpme. I am comfortable here. Even if it has changed so much.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think that. There are no real, live humans living on the strip.

I can't wait to meet all the aliens there... My husband had the "oh so crazy" (and it is) idea that we might "take a trip" before I start working. Yeah, because there is just so much CASH floating around our house. Heh. Las Vegas Strip, where you can arrive with $100 and leave with millions OR leave with one less car and no longer in possession of your house.

But either way, like well, I mean, maybe we can go camp some place. The air in Tucson is getting almost breathable again outside, I mean I went to the nearest Fed ex drop box today (credentialing documents) and I didn't even turn on my A/C.

(LOL, this is partly because I'm not a normal human, and also because I am CHEAP. If I don't HAVE to use the A/C (in the sense of crop circles of sweat forming on the back of my shirt, really) I'mma just gonna crack a window for my vape and Act Like It's All Fine, but it was almost PLEASANT today, really.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread