Insomniacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
25° is about our daily high temp right mow. Supposed to warm up this week into the upper 30's and low 40's.
I looked last week and the high in Cedar Rapids was 10° all this winter I have been reading posts from my relatives back there and thinking how happy I was that I didn't let them talk me into moving there.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I looked last week and the high in Cedar Rapids was 10° all this winter I have been reading posts from my relatives back there and thinking how happy I was that I didn't let them talk me into moving there.
Judging by the winter this season, I think the U.S. is in for a violent and stormy spring and summer.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Judging by the winter this season, I think the U.S. is in for a violent and stormy spring and summer.
The weather report said a strong El Nino developed in the Pacific. Last summer was brutal. I hope it isn't as hot this year. There was a long stretch of 110+ with high humidity.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
it is 36°F here and I am sitting here in my hammock watching the drizzle they said we would get snow today early last week now they have changed it to just rain. So I sit here wishing for snow rereading The Restaurant at the end of the Universe and thought I would stop in and say Hello to everyone.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
It is def an El Nino year. I spent 16 months in So Cal (2017-2018) and it drizzled once (not even really a rain) and this year just in the month of January they have gotten 8+ inches of rain in 3-4 different storms.

That is the Universe preparing to get rid of California finally, now that Robin is gone there is no reason for that place to exist so the Universe is correcting its error in allowing it to form.

Reactions: stols001

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
That is the Universe preparing to get rid of California finally, now that Robin is gone there is no reason for that place to exist so the Universe is correcting its error in allowing it to form.
Hey now, I love CA and it is home to me. Aside from the severe overcrowding (traffic) which of course brought crimes and gangs, it is one of the most beautiful states. Where the pines meet the ocean (Carmel and Monterey) to any of the beaches in between.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
Hey now, I love CA and it is home to me. Aside from the severe overcrowding (traffic) which of course brought crimes and gangs, it is one of the most beautiful states. Where the pines meet the ocean (Carmel and Monterey) to any of the beaches in between.

a state that elected Arnie over Larry Flynt for gov. yeah I'll pass.

• Agree

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
20190221_081845.jpg
20190221_072256.jpg
20190221_062521.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
That Winter storm did not disappoint. 7.5 inches in some parts of town. Tonight it's supposed to freeze. Should be fun... I think this stuff is headed East. Thunderstorms? Warming up there?
Warming up for a few days at least. Back to the 20's next week. You might have to buy some winter tires if this weather keeps up.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Warming up for a few days at least. Back to the 20's next week. You might have to buy some winter tires if this weather keeps up.
You may be right.They cancelled school tomorrow because of the predicted icy roads. Not looking forward to the drive home. Glad you're getting a break from the cold.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I may have come home early to get stuck in my house, not my apartment in Sierra Vista. While It is Awful out there, we are actually getting ACCUMULATION and it isn't stopping.

I'm sincerely scared to go out there, and it's not the snow either, it's the Tucson Drivers. I am gonna leave an hour early and just see what happens.

An inch of snow in Tucson is like 12 feet in Sierra Vista. I guess to be fair, either way I would be sitting at home, and at least now I am COMFORTABLE at home. LOL.

See what occurs, I guess.

Anna

Reactions: Skunk!

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
It looks like you are getting hit pretty hard. You are probably best off not venturing too far from home. When that one came through here it shut down I-15, I-11. I-40, and US 93. Everytime they opened the 15 another big accident happened and it was shut down again an hour later. Drivers here are also terrible in the snow. Stay safe.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
It is def an El Nino year. I spent 16 months in So Cal (2017-2018) and it drizzled once (not even really a rain) and this year just in the month of January they have gotten 8+ inches of rain in 3-4 different storms.
They need the rain so bad out there. I hope it keeps up during the summer and helps keep the fires down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread