Airport Security .... The Facts (Or atleast what worked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, I guess one could blow the mist into their sleeve even?
I just now tried this in front of a mirror, just to see. If you cover the tip, it looks like you're sucking on a pen. If you blow straight into your clothes, no visible vapor escapes. Sounds like a plan to me!

Now for what to tell your seatmate. If you tell the truth, you might find you're seated next to some wigged-out paranoid anti-everything freak, who might run screaming to the FA. What about saying something like, "It's a new type of flatulence reducer my doctor prescribed -- airline food never seems to agree with me..." That would end all further questioning, one presumes, and who knows -- you might even get the row to yourself a good part of the flight! :D

~~Cheryl

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
I must have missed that "Memo" SWA passed around. I fly for them and have never seen it.

"This is your Captain speaking. I would like to take a moment to tell you that the Prodigy delivers one heck of a throat hit and massive vapor. I can't even see the instrument panel. Just kidding...we're on autopilot, anyway. Thank you for choosing Southwest.":D

Last edited:

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
"This is your Captain speaking. I would like to take a moment to tell you that the Prodigy delivers one heck of a throat hit and massive vapor. I can't even see the instrument panel. Just kidding...we're on autopilot, anyway. Thank you for choosing Southwest.":D

I've seen a lot of cool things in my life, but that....was....awesome.

Ivisi

fiddler

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
New York City
One issue to keep in mind - it applies legally on NYC subways and also makes sense on planes.

If someone sees anything that looks like smoke, a panic could result. Whether any regs have been broken or not, this is not good. If we're going to vape in any enclosed public space, we should consider doing so responsibly, and in this case I think that means invisably.

What I do is to palm the PV, take in all the vapor, hold it until most of it disapates, and blow what's left in a downward direction.

Maybe it's being whimpy, but I think it's wise in these cases. If you want to proselytise about PV's, that's fine. Show them around and do an overt demo. That way those watching will know what to expect and not be upset.

Just my 2¢

sundevil

Feb 24, 2010
Arizona

This is freaking hilarious. Still laughing.

Anyone have the link for vape friendly airports? I read somewhere that there was a list?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
  • Deleted by CaSHMeRe
  • Reason: Double Post

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
So far, I've been through O'hare, Logan, Manchester (NH), Prague, Philly, San Fran, Portland (OR), Zurich, Baltimore and Heathrow without a problem.

Good to hear about Orlando, I'll be heading down there next week.

So far so good, but I still get nervous about it and breath a little sigh of relief when I go through without a hitch.

Last edited:

svtboosted

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I've never had a single issue, and I travel a lot.. been through many airports throughout the country and the most I've had was one agent curious about a Vapre51 (VP1) because he saw the batteries, but didn't even care about the Prodigy V1. :confused: Both of them I had in my pocket when going through security, so they were only in the little tray and not inside my suitcase.

The most I've taken at once:

GGT, Prodigy V1, Lil' Chuck, BB all individually wrapped and some spare adapters and atomizers, all in one case, thrown into the carry-on suitcase. Batteries (probably 4x Tenergy LifePO4s, couple 14500s, couple 16350s) and chargers thrown into my carry-on suitcase. Multiple (probably 6) 10ml bottles and cartomizers thrown into my clear plastic bag with bathroom stuff..

With all that crap, nobody said a word outbound or returning (leaving Dayton, OH going to San Diego, CA), surprisingly enough. :D

It's basically a non-issue in my opinion. Just be smart when packing things into your carry-on and keep similar things together.. most importantly, keep your e-liquids with your other (approved) liquids/gels in the clear plastic bag. At most you'll get an interested TSO, but should not confiscate anything (unless you're like me and forget to pack the right shaving cream can and they take that but leave all my vaping stuff), once he/she examines the items and/or you demonstrate if needed.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
O NOT BLOW VAPOR DIRECTLY ON THE SMOKE DETECTOR! If you need to vape in a plane, exhale in to the toilet. The fire alarm in the ENTIRE AIRPLANE went off. We are talking the loudest, scariest, alarm I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!!!! Ran out of that bathroom and sat back down. Luckily, it shut off after about 10 seconds .... sigh ..

ROFL

This is the funniest thing I read all day.
I can just picture Steve.. smug in his decision, knowing full well in the back of his mind that he was safe... and then the moment of realization "OH &$^#!!!11!!!1111Fordfocus!!!!"

What did they do? I think If I were Steve I would have had to turn my seat cushion into an pair of depends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread