Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks for this. I’ve seen the breeze which looks interesting. I’ll take a look around that forum and see about picking one up. Any recommendations for smokers looking to quit that you know of?

Sorry, I don't have direct experience with them to make a reliable recommendation. That's why hitting the pod mod area is your best bet. I do know they're generally way better than they were even a year ago. It's a fast moving segment of the vape market.

yankees4life83

Jul 10, 2018
Sorry, I don't have direct experience with them to make a reliable recommendation. That's why hitting the pod mod area is your best bet. I do know they're generally way better than they were even a year ago. It's a fast moving segment of the vape market.
Gotcha, I’m looking as we speak. Thanks

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I got stuff from buy best slightly sooner than that. If you want the Elf (I believe it MAY have been discontinued) then I might do it and try an N2 from in the US in the meantime OR go with the zenith, either is a good alternate option).

You can order from different places, and you WILL at some point need a backup setup (really!) in case anything happens but maybe you want to establish you like MTL first, before getting any backups.

The elf is better than the N2 (IMHO as always) but not THAT much better, either should tell you if you like that coil and etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
I started with a cig-alike when I first started vaping. Did not satisfy my cravings and I kept smoking. Then I went the drug route, and that lasted maybe 6 months (not vaping at all) before I started smoking again. Recently been dual using, and now have quit smoking completely for over a week now, and am just vaping. I agree with the advice to not buy one of the low wattage cig-alike devices. Get something with some power IMO. If your worried about size, there are many options for smaller mods/tanks, even the ones members have already suggested are good. I haven't had much experience with different brands and mods, but for me, the higher nic content and vapor production of the bigger mods is what helped me. I also use a Smoant s8 pod that uses nic salts ejuice. Nic salts have a higher nicotine content because of the way the juice is made basically, so I can't really chain vape on the Smoant S8. It's just for a quick fix when I feel I need some extra nicotine to stop a nic fit. It's great on the go to because I can just throw it in my pocket. But there are other similar pod devices out there. Maybe get one of the mods or pens people have suggested and then a pod as your "back-up".

yankees4life83

Jul 10, 2018
I started with a cig-alike when I first started vaping. Did not satisfy my cravings and I kept smoking. Then I went the drug route, and that lasted maybe 6 months (not vaping at all) before I started smoking again. Recently been dual using, and now have quit smoking completely for over a week now, and am just vaping. I agree with the advice to not buy one of the low wattage cig-alike devices. Get something with some power IMO. If your worried about size, there are many options for smaller mods/tanks, even the ones members have already suggested are good. I haven't had much experience with different brands and mods, but for me, the higher nic content and vapor production of the bigger mods is what helped me. I also use a Smoant s8 pod that uses nic salts ejuice. Nic salts have a higher nicotine content because of the way the juice is made basically, so I can't really chain vape on the Smoant S8. It's just for a quick fix when I feel I need some extra nicotine to stop a nic fit. It's great on the go to because I can just throw it in my pocket. But there are other similar pod devices out there. Maybe get one of the mods or pens people have suggested and then a pod as your "back-up".

Thanks, yes I’m probably goin that route. The pico with zenith to start and then add a pod mod like the Smoant s8 as more of a portable one. Appreciate it

yankees4life83

Jul 10, 2018
Cross post from pod mod forum:

Thanks everyone for their input and replies! To start out, I ended up going with the Suorin Vagon for a few reasons and after watchin/reading a bunch of reviews. Something is telling me that this won’t be the last purchase lol. I’m looking at the Pico as well but will try this out first and go from there. Got a few extra pods, and different juices to go along.

Once I get a day or two out of it, I’ll post my opinion on the device.

Any other things I should know about AIO and pod mods, please share. Thanks again!

Reactions: stols001

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hello @yankees4life83 and welcome to ECF! Just a thought, but you might like to try these 'myblu' pod starter kits. Really good deal at the moment - only $1!!! They look very nice and are SIMPLE to use - and the kit comes with a USB charger.

The pods are refillable with your own eliquid for a few times and you can buy replacements pods eventually if you wish. I grabbed them because they are a little discreet vape with a ton of hit apparently. (I have ordered quite a few but they haven't arrived as yet.

Great little grab and go set up at this price. When they arrive I will have NO excuse if I am in a hurry - just throw one in my bag on the way out the door. Also going to give a few away to family/friends who want to give vaping a try.

There is a whole thread on them here if you want to have a read.

Normally sell for about $20 a kit but at the moment this place has them for $1 each.

myblu™ - Starter Kit

Thread:
Blu for $1

Best of luck!

Catherine

• Useful

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Youre lucky. "Sonething" didnt tell me i would make many purchases when i got started, lol. Once you get the hang of vaping and successfully quit smoking, beware of the dreaded shinyitis. It get us all eventually. Its all good though. Welcome to the gang and good luck!!

yankees4life83

Jul 10, 2018
So I received the vagon today, and with it I got menthol eliquid 18mg nicotine. When I go to vape I am coughing so I ease up on the ‘hit’ and it’s alright but obviously different than cigarettes which I knew to be the case.

My question is, is this due to high nicotine content, being new to vaping, a combination of the two, or something else possibly? Looking for suggestions in terms of doing lighter hits, or is that nicotine content way too high that I should grab some lighter ones? Here’s the eliquid I’m talking about:
eLiquid - Mint - 10ml - 18mg Nicotine

And here’s a couple others that I’ve ordered and am just waiting to come:

New Cappuccino e Juice (30 mL)Nicotine Strength 0.8 % (8 mg)

Irish Cream e Juice (30 mL)Nicotine Strength 1.1 % (11 mg)

Any ideas are appreciated!

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
Yea, A higher nicotine content will give you a stronger throat hit. Or a higher PG liquid will give you a stronger throat hit as well. Try a MTL kind of a hit MTL= Mouth to Lung. Like you are smoking a cigarette. It may not be as harsh for you that way as opposed to DTL=Direct to Lung. But I would keep in mind too if you are new to vaping, you may just need to get used a different kind of throat hit. The cigarettes actually numb your throat after awhile, so you just don't notice it after smoking for some time. The vapor is different. Your body just needs to adjust. Also, if your not smoking anymore, your lungs will be coughing up all the junk inside from the cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread