Introducing DUGGout Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

category5

Mar 14, 2013
Florida
I can't believe both these haven't sold yet :confused:

Yep the green one goes to: C10h22

So just one blue one left for now that is ready to ship, I know someone wants it! :toast:

I have 3 more dark green boxes to mill holes in, but we are currently waiting on battery holders for everything...it's really holding us up. They shipped out over a week ago.

We also received all 20 dipped boxes today and all the dna boards, so stay tuned. :vapor:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Amazon.com: HTC Original Micro USB Data Cable for Thunderbolt, Inspire 4G, Incredible 2, HD7 , EVO 4G, Desire S Mobile Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories
Link for a nice charging cable for Duggout DNA20 box.... fits like a charm.
Fast and free shipping, even to Hawaii, I was surprised how fast it got here, being free and all.... :) :)

I am stoked with the quality, looks, function and beauty of this Duggout box.... great price and can't beat the service from Cat5.
I believe I will be getting another...these are too easy = no brainer.
Like having a darwin for less $$ and better form factor imo....
\
There's something about the DNA20, set for low resistance atomizers (1.0 to 1.3 Ohms...) its just instant gratification; seems to fire a lot harder and faster than my mech tubes /genesis attys... i'd guess there's little to no maintenance of these contacts.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I want to be sure because i was reading a thread on a DNA mod that was too technical for me, and seemed to say there was a technical danger there... Cat5?
No problem it can be used as passtrough.
Good than the usb chargor is behind or on a side on this kind of box, more convenient than a chargor under the box.
btw I am seeing how fast an 18650 imr aw batt drains down at higher wattage!

Singha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Paris-Fr
Yes, you can try to low the watts at the end to get more autonomy but "problem" is that DNA is glottonus.
Cuttoff is 3.2v underload and should be between 3.4 and 3.6v unloaded.
But when i check my batterie it is often around 3.65-3.7v unloaded, of course it depend also on what kind of atty we use and power for the drain.

Would like too to know other thoughts about passtrough for dna because even if not very often i vape sometimes while charging and done it for a few months with another box and dna12. :)

category5

Mar 14, 2013
Florida
If I recall correctly, the jury is still out about pass through use. I've personally done it without issue, but I don't make a habit of doing it regularly...so I can neither confirm nor deny that it's ok. There's no documentation from Evolv about it.

On the battery topic, I seem to be getting better life out of the high drain grey Panasonic batteries with all of my DNA20 mods. On paper the AW and the Panasonic both state a 10amp max current draw but the AW has less capacity in mah. The major difference between the two being internal chemistry.

Strange thing I'm also beginning to suspect is battery life seems longer with a charge port installed vs a mod without one installed. Maybe something to do with resistance in parallel to the battery? I have no clue, just an observation.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Cat5
this link may be the one i saw last night (late, so can't remember lol)... regarding not using as pass through - vaping while charging.

it's a thread about a proto dna20 mod... you may have seen it . if not, surely you'll find interesting.... some stuff about batt choices too.

look down midway in post:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-wip-dna20-compact-18650-mod.html#post9299322

it doesn't say "why" but just that there was a warning about using it as p/t

Last edited:

Capt.Louisville

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Louisville, KY
ukeman if you find later the topic where people explain why we should not vape while charging, please give the link. ;)
Sent an email to Brandon from evolv who answered me than there is no danger to use it as a pass trough but i would like to see the other arguments.

Brandon @ Evolv is the one who stands behind the DNA20 (Evolv's customer service is excellent). I'd take that as the final word.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
ukeman if you find later the topic where people explain why we should not vape while charging, please give the link. ;)
Sent an email to Brandon from evolv who answered me than there is no danger to use it as a pass trough but i would like to see the other arguments.

good enough for me too, not that i NEED to use it as passthru all that much... just a little cheater vape here and there while charging right in front of my face LOL

Sick HP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, so with this process that we are doing the sky is the limit as far as options. We can do different base coats to change the overall outcome of the final dip. So here are the choices in patterns:

Very nice mods you have here they look great. I've read through the thread and see you don't do custom anymore but do you think you will produce the skulls you show here? I really like this and with the .45 cal buttons it would be a great mod! I would be happy to wait if you think you will produce them.

Thanks,

-Dan

category5

Mar 14, 2013
Florida
Brandon @ Evolv is the one who stands behind the DNA20 (Evolv's customer service is excellent). I'd take that as the final word.

I would agree with this. If Brandon said it's cool then it's cool.

Very nice mods you have here they look great. I've read through the thread and see you don't do custom anymore but do you think you will produce the skulls you show here? I really like this and with the .45 cal buttons it would be a great mod! I would be happy to wait if you think you will produce them.

Thanks,

-Dan

PMed you.

We've been working like crazy, still a week or so off on these last 20. My idea ist to get them all complete and then post up all 20 for grabs. Still waiting on a batch of newer style 18650 holders from china, been waiting for ever...they should be in this week. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread