Introducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor[ISSUE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjCaptainKiddo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Well, notification says that there is an electronic notification for shipping received. Been that way since Sunday. Which means that it's still at Jon's shop. Hopefully it makes it's way to the post office soon. I know that usps is running 1-2 days behind for at least the last two weeks. Hopefully I will get it by Saturday.

CraigTime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Toledo, OH
Still waiting for some word regarding my repairs. though it's been two weeks not two months. But I really don't want to be without a DNA for 2 months. :(

Got mine back today... two months and a week give or take... it looks brand new......and still has the wrong top cap after literally talking to him and reminding him (Jon) at least 5-10 times that the most important thing to me was the flat 510 only top cap. What a joke of a company and a jerk of an owner.

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
Got mine back today... two months and a week give or take... it looks brand new......and still has the wrong top cap after literally talking to him and reminding him (Jon) at least 5-10 times that the most important thing to me was the flat 510 only top cap. What a joke of a company and a jerk of an owner.

LOL so I guess mine will come back with the eGo+510 again then. he said I could change my order to 510 only before they were released and it arrived with an eGo+510 anyway. When I sent it back I asked if I could get the 510 only this time and he said sure..

CraigTime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Toledo, OH
lol so i guess mine will come back with the ego+510 again then. He said i could change my order to 510 only before they were released and it arrived with an ego+510 anyway. When i sent it back i asked if i could get the 510 only this time and he said sure..

good luck!

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
I just got a email back from Jon saying my repaired Futura was shipped yesterday.. Lets hope! Getting tired of the Vamo PWM and while the eGo-C Twists I have will power a 1.5ohm and they don't give such a harsh vape. I don't think they're very happy about heating up 28awg microcoils. they seem to complain XD..

Sure will be interesting to see where this company goes. they seem to be pissing off a lot of people at least here on the forum. Though generally it's the ...... off ones that complain online, those happy usually don't say anything..

Vikaernes

Jan 21, 2014
Wildomar, CA
Got mine in today, and my early impressions are, I am incredibly pleased. Finish is very clean, the titanium is a near perfect match to the russian 91, the threads were very very smooth, with the exception of a bit of cerakote dust that was easily cleaned off, and it vapes like a champ. I'm sorry to hear so many people have been having problems with their devices, especially with regard to sending them in for repairs or replacement. This has not been my experience thusfar though, well worth the wait for me.

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
Got mine in today, and my early impressions are, I am incredibly pleased. Finish is very clean, the titanium is a near perfect match to the russian 91, the threads were very very smooth, with the exception of a bit of cerakote dust that was easily cleaned off, and it vapes like a champ. I'm sorry to hear so many people have been having problems with their devices, especially with regard to sending them in for repairs or replacement. This has not been my experience thusfar though, well worth the wait for me.

I don't think there are many issues with quality. I had a slight issue with my rocker switch but it wasn't a game stopper and I was in the initial 100 unit list so they were still working out the initial production bugs.. I think the huge majority of complaints is the communication/wait time. And really it's a solid device, quality of, lets say last year's Provari's. but with better controller, better display, no stupid asinine one button operation and cryptic error codes. no dumb 1970s alarm clock LED display. The only reason I say last year's Provari is because they've really upped their paint options in this 2.5 version with gradients and patterns and such while the Futura is just solid colors.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
no dumb 1970s alarm clock LED display.

I read somewhere that Provape intentionally uses the older style display over new OLED displays simply because it's more durable/reliable. Could be wrong about that, but that's what I've heard. I'll take functionality over form any day.

Regardless of what type of screen, the fact that the Futura's OLED screen isn't protected/sealed and you are warned not to get juice on the screen doesn't speak of high quality to me :/

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
... I'll take functionality over form any day. ...

Then we get to the one button thing... :facepalm: lol.

... the fact that the Futura's OLED screen isn't protected/sealed...

I'm looking at the coveted ZNA right now and it doesn't appear to have a cover over the screen hole either. Jus' sayin'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread