Introducing SMOKtech Gripper VV Variable 3.0-6.0 - NOW Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
Just gotta say to anyone considering one of these, they're totally worth the money. I always have mine with me, usually along side my provari of all things.

I remember someone questioning the durability of the battery door, and all I could think about was how I would gut the parts for a wood smoktech gripper mod lol. Great affordable vv mod.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
what's saying lo, the batt power or the ohm reading? I've heard some say that they had some issues with the ohm reading, when some coils were too gunked and it smushed em together. Clean, dry burn fixed it.

I must not vape as much as I think I do, cuz I get 2 days at least out of a 1600 mah batt. Now that I have some 2250's, no tellin how long they'll last. I did write down when I put this one in, just don't remember right now cuz I haven't slept.

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
what's saying lo, the batt power or the ohm reading? I've heard some say that they had some issues with the ohm reading, when some coils were too gunked and it smushed em together. Clean, dry burn fixed it.

I must not vape as much as I think I do, cuz I get 2 days at least out of a 1600 mah batt. Now that I have some 2250's, no tellin how long they'll last. I did write down when I put this one in, just don't remember right now cuz I haven't slept.

you know when its low battery you push to fire it says lo...so yeah. but I can't even get a fullll day out of it. its possible battery dying

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
I received my gripper yesterday and I agree that this thing really hits!! Using a Phoenix 2.8 ohm BC I had to turn the voltage down to 3.3v or lower to avoid burning the flavor, I didn't have that problem with my KGOs even with a full charge.
This should give me a looong battery life.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks yiddle. Just saw this. Jup dat's what I got cuz a sweet angel sended me two of em! :) It was just over 3 days before I had to change it. I've been vaping pretty low voltage with the gripper. Don't know if that's the difference between us or not. But even the cheapy battery that came with my vtube would last me 2 days and it's only a 1600 mah. One of the red aw imr's.

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thanks yiddle. Just saw this. Jup dat's what I got cuz a sweet angel sended me two of em! :) It was just over 3 days before I had to change it. I've been vaping pretty low voltage with the gripper. Don't know if that's the difference between us or not. But even the cheapy battery that came with my vtube would last me 2 days and it's only a 1600 mah. One of the red aw imr's.

mine stays at 3.6. I never saw Panasonic 18650 Batts.... so ill look into it.

I ended up trying my ultrafire 18650 3000 and even with protective circuit it worked fine fit perfect

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
We have Pannys and efest coming in...

The Pannys are awesome batteries. Glad to hear you're getting them in.

I got 4 of them on an Amazon Oops! sale for 3.49 each and free shipping. They corrected the price just after my order was finalized ;).

If the Gripper is anything like the YJ Lavatube (and it should be), these things should last a heavy vapor at least all day. I do between 6 and 8 ml a day usually above 9 watts and I have had a single battery run for over a day and a half. But I usually just run them all day, and swap it out in the morning when I get to work and recharge it. I don't like to overdrain the batteries, even with the device cutoff, and changing them once a day works great for me.

These and the Xtar chargers make an awesome combo.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Deb has 2250mah panasonic batts ;)

Anyone know if these PANASONIC 18650 3100mAh LI-ION xml would work with the VV Gripper?

Any other suggestions, if I want to get longer battery life then my AW IMR 18650's are giving me? (they're 1600 mAh)

332p2qf.jpg

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
Anyone know if these PANASONIC 18650 3100mAh LI-ION xml would work with the VV Gripper?

Any other suggestions, if I want to get longer battery life then my AW IMR 18650's are giving me? (they're 1600 mAh)

332p2qf.jpg

Boost circuits tend to draw more amps than standard mods. Most boosted PWM mods that I've seen you need to use high drain IMR batteries, not protected batteries as the higher current draw tends to trip the protection circuits.

Wait and buy the 2250 mah Pannys. It's well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread