Introducing The GotVapes STEALTH™ 510 MINI eGo Kit w/ Carrying Case - BLACK/STAINLESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
@money4me247 ,

First off it is just a common courtesy not to mention another supplier in a suppliers thread, and if you where a longer term ECF member then you would probably know this. 2nd there is a negative supplier review thread where you can post if you have a negative experience with a vendor, so your welcome to go there and post any negative reviews of any product or bad experience you've had. Lastly there is no flaming allowed in ANY thread on ECF and its an ECF Rule not to flame. ECF has the privilege of making any rules they want after all it is there forum. Your welcome to speak however you want outside of this privately owned forum but you MUST abide by the ECF forum rules if you wish to stay here as member. Lastly why would anyone in business and having a thread on a forum want someone coming in and saying you can buy xxx product somewhere else for xxx ? I dont think that would be a favorable way to speak in any vendors thread on this entire forum. You also have an option of private messaging anyone you wish to tell anything you want, so No need to make a communication like that in a vendors thread Ever.

EXTREEMLY well said mwa...

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
OHH... I understand now. Since you pay ECF a monthly fee to have your own forum space, CONSUMERS are not allowed to write anything negative about your products or mention alternative options.

Not a single one of us said that... in fact, many users have posted when they had issues with a product and GotVapes used that information to tell the manufacturer ( if it was a consistent issue seen by many )... this is actually how the product improvements get started.

We said it lacked etiquette to post links to other vendors products... it also lacks etiquette to twist other peoples words as you just did... You were called out on it because you were being rude, so be shocked all you want, but if you continue to be rude, expect people to tell you about it.

money4me247

Sep 12, 2012
Texas
Not a single one of us said that... in fact, many users have posted when they had issues with a product and GotVapes used that information to tell the manufacturer ( if it was a consistent issue seen by many )... this is actually how the product improvements get started.

We said it lacked etiquette to post links to other vendors products... it also lacks etiquette to twist other peoples words as you just did... You were called out on it because you were being rude, so be shocked all you want, but if you continue to be rude, expect people to tell you about it.

lol. first off, gotvapes just deleted my original post which I personally consider much ruder than me posting a suggestion only detailing my own personal experience for getting individual mini-eGo batteries IN RESPONSE to a member's question. How is it rude to share information/advice?

And yes, all you veterans are basically saying it is okay for gotvapes to delete my post (which was simply a solution for someone looking for individual mini-eGo batteries) because they are paying a monthly fee for this forum space. So while I am writing on gotvapes space, am I supposed to pretend that no other e-cig products/companies exist?

I am seriously surprised because... this is the internet? ...where people are supposed to be able to freely share information... I am not affiliated with any e-cig company or trying to sell anything. I just noticed that this kit was not the best option on the market in terms of price or equipment, and I thought ecf was an open environment where BOTH the suppliers & consumers would appreciate that information.

So hypothetically, if gotvapes comes out with a kit that is missing an essential piece (the charger), and is charging more money for the kit compared to the price of the parts separately... I am the one being rude for pointing that out??

Am I seriously understanding your complaints?? You guys are complaining because my original post offered advice & mentioned a better alternative, which only helps other forum readers? I didn't even say that gotvapes kit is overpriced in my original post or promote a specific other vendor! I only advised to purchase the parts separately as you can better customize what you want (get a charger & clearomizers) & save money. So I am confused why there is such hostile backlash (aka flaming) against me when none of you guys even saw my original post that it was deleted. In fact, I am confused why gotvapes didn't just edit out the names of the other vendors & leave my perfectly reasonable & potentially helpful suggestions in place.

So please tell me whose words I twisted & how I was being rude. Honestly, the point of my original post was NOT to promote any other vendor. The links were just for reference. I am completely fine with not including the links. There's actually no need to because a simple Google search for the mini eGo battery will show you exactly what I was talking about.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Your post was deleted because you posted a link to another vendor... period... no other reason and no one else stated there was one... no matter how you try to twist this... IMO you were/are being rude for linking to a competitor and for trying to twist this into some vendetta against you when it isn't...

This is my last post on the subject...

money4me247

Sep 12, 2012
Texas
Your post was deleted because you posted a link to another vendor... period... no other reason and no one else stated there was one... no matter how you try to twist this... IMO you were/are being rude for linking to a competitor and for trying to twist this into some vendetta against you when it isn't...

This is my last post on the subject...

well, then my response is this... why didn't they just edit my post to remove the link & the other vendors name out, and keep the information about how purchasing separately is cheaper & how it is possible to get mini-eGo batteries individually and in a higher 400mah capacity? I am perfectly fine with removing the link to the other vendor, I'm upset because they deleted my post & then proceeded to message me threatening to ban me.

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Money...I am going to say this one time and this subject is going to be dropped. Your post was deleted for pushing another vendor in THIS vendors forum...period. NO vendor will stand for that....as you found out in ANOTHER vendors subforum where the same issues were pointed out to you. You were politely told why your post was deleted. That should be the end of the story!

As for all the other points of your rant.......there is this GREAT feature ECF has....it's called Private Messaging. Please feel free to utilize this feature if you wish to give other vendor information to a poster in ANY supplier's forum or thread.

ANY further discussion on this matter will immediately be deleted...period END OF DISCUSSION!

money4me247

Sep 12, 2012
Texas
Money...I am going to say this one time and this subject is going to be dropped. Your post was deleted for pushing another vendor in THIS vendors forum...period. NO vendor will stand for that....as you found out in ANOTHER vendors subforum where the same issues were pointed out to you. You were politely told why your post was deleted. That should be the end of the story!

As for all the other points of your rant.......there is this GREAT feature ECF has....it's called Private Messaging. Please feel free to utilize this feature if you wish to give other vendor information to a poster in ANY supplier's forum or thread.

ANY further discussion on this matter will immediately be deleted...period END OF DISCUSSION!

Well, keelalagirl55. Thank you for further clarifying this for me. (Seriously, no sarcasm.) I am glad to know that I am freely able to post my opinion about Gotvapes Stealth Kit without fear of post deletion as long as I do not mention other vendors.

I would simply like to make a few suggestions to Gotvapes on how to improve their Stealth kit:
1.) Upgrade their mini-eGo stealth battery to 400mAh
2.) Include a charger in their stealth kit
3.) Lower the pricing for this kit from $43 to something along the lines of $37.99.
(which would be comparable to market prices for the items)

So yes, I did put a link to another vendor in gotvapes forum, and I am sorry if my ignorant actions caused so many people to be upset, but I would like to note that throughout this discussion, I was not the person calling other people rude, lacking etiquette, or bad mannered or making threats. I would still like to recommend people interested in this kit to simply purchase the parts separately for convenience, customizability, and price.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Sometimes for any kit, it is a bit cheaper to order parts separately. Problem with that is, there are customers that want it all wrapped up into 1 and don't mind paying a bit more for the convenience. Just remember, when it is formed in a kit, extra work went into assembling the kit, therefore causing more work hours to be accounted for, resulting in a bit of a higher price point.

We do carry all components separately as well.

money4me247

Sep 12, 2012
Texas
Sometimes for any kit, it is a bit cheaper to order parts separately. Problem with that is, there are customers that want it all wrapped up into 1 and don't mind paying a bit more for the convenience. Just remember, when it is formed in a kit, extra work went into assembling the kit, therefore causing more work hours to be accounted for, resulting in a bit of a higher price point.

We do carry all components separately as well.

In my personal experience, kits are usually cheaper as an incentive for consumers to purchase more for a discount. However, I do understand that some companies do not bundle supplies for discount purposes, but rather for convenience for the people do want it all wrapped up in one package. That is why I am strongly suggesting you to include a 420mah ego usb charger with this kit as newbies who simply click & buy this kit will be very disappointed to find that they need to get additional parts for it to be fully functional.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Not sure what kit you are speaking of as we have two mini ego kits. The Vision Stardust Replaceable Mini eGo Kit has one battery and the GotVapes Stealth has two.

Stardust Mini eGo kit:
The approximate price of a mini eGo is around 15.00. The wholesale price on these is not much less than a regular sized ego. The Stardust Replaceable is on sale now at GotVapes for 6.45. There are two additional heads that run 2.95 each. You then have a lanyard which runs approximately 5-6 dollars. It also has a eGo USB charger which has a rough value of 5-6 dollars. Then an extra mouthpiece at around 1.65. You then have a gift/presentation box and manual for the full kit. Total is ~40.00 (without consideration of the presentation/gift box and manual) and we have it for ~32.00. Use your automatic discounts of VIP and Super VIP and you can get that for as low as $28.80.

GotVapes STEALTH 510 Mini eGo Kit (made by SMOKtech):
Two batts (30.00), 3 Shorties (5.85), 1 Budgie Aluminum mouthpiece (2.95), Lanyard (5.00), Medium ego case (10.00). Total is ~54.00. We sell for $42.95 (then of course you get extra discounts if you are a newsletter VIP member and possibility of up to another 5% Super VIP discount)....

So hypothetically, if gotvapes comes out with a kit that is missing an essential piece (the charger), and is charging more money for the kit compared to the price of the parts separately... I am the one being rude for pointing that out??

....I only advised to purchase the parts separately as you can better customize what you want (get a charger & clearomizers) & save money. So I am confused why there is such hostile backlash (aka flaming) against me when none of you guys even saw my original post that it was deleted. In fact, I am confused why gotvapes didn't just edit out the names of the other vendors & leave my perfectly reasonable & potentially helpful suggestions in place.

money4me247

Sep 12, 2012
Texas
Not sure what kit you are speaking of as we have two mini ego kits. The Vision Stardust Replaceable Mini eGo Kit has one battery and the GotVapes Stealth has two.

Stardust Mini eGo kit:
The approximate price of a mini eGo is around 15.00. The wholesale price on these is not much less than a regular sized ego. The Stardust Replaceable is on sale now at GotVapes for 6.45. There are two additional heads that run 2.95 each. You then have a lanyard which runs approximately 5-6 dollars. It also has a eGo USB charger which has a rough value of 5-6 dollars. Then an extra mouthpiece at around 1.65. You then have a gift/presentation box and manual for the full kit. Total is ~40.00 (without consideration of the presentation/gift box and manual) and we have it for ~32.00. Use your automatic discounts of VIP and Super VIP and you can get that for as low as $28.80.

GotVapes STEALTH 510 Mini eGo Kit (made by SMOKtech):
Two batts (30.00), 3 Shorties (5.85), 1 Budgie Aluminum mouthpiece (2.95), Lanyard (5.00), Medium ego case (10.00). Total is ~54.00. We sell for $42.95 (then of course you get extra discounts if you are a newsletter VIP member and possibility of up to another 5% Super VIP discount)....

I appreciate the detailed response, and (lol) I swear to god I am not trying to pick a fight, but the batteries that you include in your stealth kit is NOT the same battery as the Vision 400mAh mini-eGo battery that you have listed at $15/piece. It is a lower 350mAh battery mini-eGo battery, so in my personal opinion, I believe that the product should be listed at a lower price, especially since the higher capacity 400mAh mini-eGo can also be found at lower price points. Also, (again a personal opinion), I feel like since your stealth "kit" does NOT include a charging accessory, it is INCOMPLETE as a bundle, as users will need to purchase additional equipment in order to have a fully functional equipment. Finally, (again a personal observation/experience), I personally purchased the individual (authentic lol) parts for a more competitive price than your kit. The only reason I had links was so other consumers could verify my claim.

I do not mean any disrespect and I am not pushing any other vendors as the cheaper pricing that I would quote for the individual parts separately can be found from a variety of other sources. I am only raising this legitimate concern, because I do believe that gotvapes is an e-cig company that cares for their customers and strives to offer competitive prices for the best equipment, so I personally feel as a consumer that in this particular instance Gotvapes has room for improvement in terms of pricing and equipment in their stealth kit.

I am not trying to be bad-mannered/rude or tell people not to buy from your company and I apologize if anyone took my comments as such. I am only trying to give constructive customer feedback on your equipment, so I do sincerely hope that you will take my suggestions into consideration when moving forward to better improve your customers' experience.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Thanks money4me247...

We actually do not have the 350mah battery for sale individually. I was estimating its price if we did sell it separately. As I said before, just because it is 50mah less battery capacity does not necessarily mean it would be priced much, if any, lower. Therefore my estimated price of around 15 that I gave in the breakdown would be close either way. For the Chinese manufacturer, their cost is pennies difference on many battery mah differences, especially between a 350 and a 400mah, and therefore our wholesale price is nearly identical. The consumer would then make a decision on price versus form factor (the 350mah might be shorter enough for them to make it more ideal than a 400mah or even a 650mah and therefore it would be just as valuable or maybe even more valuable, to them).

The Stealth kit purposely does not have a charger with it. The thinking for the manufacturer is that it would not be a "main" battery for the purchaser and the purchaser probably therefore already has an eGo charger and does not want to pay the bit extra for the kit if it was to include one.

The manufacturer of the VISION wanted a more complete solution as they have packaged it up in a presentation box that can be used for gifting, etc. Therefore, in their rationale, a charger was necessary.

As to price we are answerable to no-one as to what we price the individual batteries at. We make an intelligent decision based on our wholesale cost and other factors and then the consumer, king as he is, makes his decision based not only on price but on many other factors. Interestiingly enough though, our price is actually cheaper than most forum suppliers (save for one, the price difference being about $1.50) I checked who actually carries the VISION Crystal 400mah with key clasp. The price diference is 4-5 cents cheaper and with our automatic Newsletter discount (not even accounting Super VIP) it then goes to almost a dollar. Another site sells it for a full two dollars more. I did find one other site (not a forum supplier) who had it cheaper.

You seem to be OK but I found you had posted to a fellow vendor's forum the link to the site that you had linked here, right after he announced the VISION Crystal availablility. ECF is always on the lookoout for suspicious activity in this regard. I am not saying your actions are nefarious at all, I have no idea. But, seeing your post count you may not know the proper protocol on things like this.

Those who enjoy googling and finding the bottom line prices often post this info in general areas as a service to the general ECF community in the appropriate general forums. It's actually a valuable and a good service. If you have an interest in this maybe you can start a website as some have done which aggregates this information? You can post a programming need at Freelance.com or Scriptlance.com and there are script programmers who would bid on this project for you. So you don't have to have the necessary programming skills, just the passion for it and a fairly small budget.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I feel... uncomfortable... responding to this thread. I really don't want to get in trouble, but in all honesty, I agree with this guy on some points :unsure:

Danno, are the kits 100% the manufacturer's doing? I've found that all kits in general are seriously lacking. I was trying to find the ideal kit for a new vaper who was looking to me for advice because they were completely lost and overwhelmed. I was appalled at the lack of good kits out there. Some had the right components (in my eyes), but they added a lot of unnecessary things that just drove up the price. Others had ancient juice delivery systems (i.e. old eGo tank system, atomizer+cartridge setup) that, to me, is the difference between an mp3 player and an 8 track as far as e-cig advancement goes.

Thing is, people that are considering vaping but aren't sure if they can stick with it aren't really wanting to drop a ton of money just in case they believe they can't do it. A bare bones kit with updated gear is really a must-have. Two basic 650mah eGo batteries (perhaps a kit with mini's and a pen style), two upgraded cartos/clearos (rebuildable stardusts), two extra heads in the middle-of-the-road ohms (if applicable), a charger and a wall adapter. That's it. Things like the cases, lanyards, PCCs, juice samples should be add-in options.

And y'all really should consider upping the nic content of your new vaper kit with the juice samples. 12mg is not enough for a newbie. 18 or 24 should be the options, in my personal opinion. It's hard to stick with vaping at first and the nic cravings are pretty rough at times. 6 or 12mg is enough to make someone believe they can't do it. :(

Anyway, I <3 GV and I believe y'all are totally cutting edge for vets. Your starter kits are better than most. I'm just irate about starter kits in general. It's so frustrating. I'd love nothing more than to see a completely customizable kit with updated gear options and explanations on what each and every item is, what the benefits are of having it, etc. That's a lot of work, though.

Anyway, off my soap box.

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
I agree with Bonny. It was hard for me to decide on the first 'kit' that I purchased as a new vaper. This was before I found ECF or GV for that matter. All the googled kits were either lacking something that I needed or had just too much that I didn't need.
As a suggestion, I think it would be awesome if someone (hint, hint Danno) would create a BYOB program. Build your own bundle.... You would have to have specific products to qualify your build, say one case and two batteries as a requirement. Everyone looks for a savings on the kits. You could put a % discount on them according to price. Say 5% if your bundle is $50, 6% for $60, 7% for $70 and so on. It would take some thinking, but I believe it could be a very good way to offer kits that are more personalized to each individual.

I think this is kinda what Bonny is meaning to say when she mentions 'customizable' kits. Food for thought at least ;)

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I'll jump in and say my 2 cents. I think almost any kit offered gives a newbie a better chance of continuing vaping than those damn disposable gas station e-cigs that taste like wet goat hair. They almost had me giving up before I got started.

The big point is you have too WANT to vape. If you don't you wont. There is not one combo that will turn a person to vaping unless they want to do it.

As far as not starting vaping because of the cost is not a very realistic point. I have been vaping almost 11 months now and still have not had one analog free day in there. I enjoy vaping much more than analogs but I still have some huge mental barrier I just can't topple over yet. But that's OK. I know it will fall eventually. After 45 years of analogs I went from two packs a day immediately to half a pack a day when I started. I was truly impressed. Today I still have 2 to 5 analogs a day and hate it every time I lite one up. They are disgusting. But I still do it. :confused:Back to the point of cost. I have spent tons less on analogs in the last 11 months and I am sure I have spent the equivalent on vaping hardware and juices. Maybe more. I am not doing this to save money...I'm doing it for ME. Whatever it takes. And I am sure most people starting to vape are in the same boat. Maybe when my mind levels out and I am analog free I can concentrate on saving more. If your only goal is to save money when you start vaping then you are really fighting an uphill battle.

Leave the experimenting to the newbies that's half the pleasure when you finally hook up with a combo you like. I do not think any juice should be included with a kit. Let them make up their own mind on that. I went to 24mg for a bit hoping that would push me over the top but all I got was headaches. We all know how whiney people are sometimes. I can hear it now...They sold me 24mg juice and all I get are headaches. What's up with that.

There is no magic hardware / juice conbo that will sway everyone to their pleasure spot. Everyone is different so let's quit trying to make like we know what everyone wants when we are not sure what we want ourselves.

Kits are out there as a convenience. Most everyone has eyes and can add dollars and cents and read the descriptions. If they don't like what they see and feel the cost is more than it should be then they don't have to and shouldn't buy it. Very simple. I don't see any need to criticize ANY vendor for not selling what YOU think should be in there at a cost YOU think is right.

Bottom line...if you don't like what you see...don't buy it. BUT don't criticize others for offering it.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I feel... uncomfortable... responding to this thread. I really don't want to get in trouble, but in all honesty, I agree with this guy on some points :unsure:

Danno, are the kits 100% the manufacturer's doing? I've found that all kits in general are seriously lacking. I was trying to find the ideal kit for a new vaper who was looking to me for advice because they were completely lost and overwhelmed. I was appalled at the lack of good kits out there. Some had the right components (in my eyes), but they added a lot of unnecessary things that just drove up the price. Others had ancient juice delivery systems (i.e. old eGo tank system, atomizer+cartridge setup) that, to me, is the difference between an mp3 player and an 8 track as far as e-cig advancement goes.

Thing is, people that are considering vaping but aren't sure if they can stick with it aren't really wanting to drop a ton of money just in case they believe they can't do it. A bare bones kit with updated gear is really a must-have. Two basic 650mah eGo batteries (perhaps a kit with mini's and a pen style), two upgraded cartos/clearos (rebuildable stardusts), two extra heads in the middle-of-the-road ohms (if applicable), a charger and a wall adapter. That's it. Things like the cases, lanyards, PCCs, juice samples should be add-in options.

And y'all really should consider upping the nic content of your new vaper kit with the juice samples. 12mg is not enough for a newbie. 18 or 24 should be the options, in my personal opinion. It's hard to stick with vaping at first and the nic cravings are pretty rough at times. 6 or 12mg is enough to make someone believe they can't do it. :(

Anyway, I <3 GV and I believe y'all are totally cutting edge for vets. Your starter kits are better than most. I'm just irate about starter kits in general. It's so frustrating. I'd love nothing more than to see a completely customizable kit with updated gear options and explanations on what each and every item is, what the benefits are of having it, etc. That's a lot of work, though.

Anyway, off my soap box.

I'll jump in and say my 2 cents. I think almost any kit offered gives a newbie a better chance of continuing vaping than those damn disposable gas station e-cigs that taste like wet goat hair. They almost had me giving up before I got started.

The big point is you have too WANT to vape. If you don't you wont. There is not one combo that will turn a person to vaping unless they want to do it.

As far as not starting vaping because of the cost is not a very realistic point. I have been vaping almost 11 months now and still have not had one analog free day in there. I enjoy vaping much more than analogs but I still have some huge mental barrier I just can't topple over yet. But that's OK. I know it will fall eventually. After 45 years of analogs I went from two packs a day immediately to half a pack a day when I started. I was truly impressed. Today I still have 2 to 5 analogs a day and hate it every time I lite one up. They are disgusting. But I still do it. :confused:Back to the point of cost. I have spent tons less on analogs in the last 11 months and I am sure I have spent the equivalent on vaping hardware and juices. Maybe more. I am not doing this to save money...I'm doing it for ME. Whatever it takes. And I am sure most people starting to vape are in the same boat. Maybe when my mind levels out and I am analog free I can concentrate on saving more. If your only goal is to save money when you start vaping then you are really fighting an uphill battle.

Leave the experimenting to the newbies that's half the pleasure when you finally hook up with a combo you like. I do not think any juice should be included with a kit. Let them make up their own mind on that. I went to 24mg for a bit hoping that would push me over the top but all I got was headaches. We all know how whiney people are sometimes. I can hear it now...They sold me 24mg juice and all I get are headaches. What's up with that.

There is no magic hardware / juice conbo that will sway everyone to their pleasure spot. Everyone is different so let's quit trying to make like we know what everyone wants when we are not sure what we want ourselves.

Kits are out there as a convenience. Most everyone has eyes and can add dollars and cents and read the descriptions. If they don't like what they see and feel the cost is more than it should be then they don't have to and shouldn't buy it. Very simple. I don't see any need to criticize ANY vendor for not selling what YOU think should be in there at a cost YOU think is right.

Bottom line...if you don't like what you see...don't buy it. BUT don't criticize others for offering it.

I can see where both sides are coming from on this. Can't make anyone happy all the time ;)

As for the 12 mg juice Bonny, I think that has to do more with the fact that the samplers GV carries are in that mg range. But everyone has their idea of what the "perfect" noob kit would be. For example mine:

2 650 mah ego passthroughs
mini usb cable
Carry Case
3 Stardusts (got to have the same number of cartos as juice flavors for a noob, IMO)
3 samples of juice
Laminated or plastic coated instruction sheet with tips and tricks (good information like don't get this stuff in your eyes, wash hands after refilling, THAT YOU MUST-MUST-MUST TILT THE CARTO, and how to clean and dry burn)

But as you see, my idea of the perfect kit isn't everyone elses.

And Wally, criticize, NO, but offer suggestions-always ;)

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Geez, Wally. I didn't mean to offend you or irritate you so badly. Of course, maybe something was lost in translation. Just want to make a few comments.

It's a completely realistic point. I agree that the amount I've saved is stupidly awesome. However, for someone who's considering making the plunge, they aren't likely to want to drop a ton of money on their first kit just in case. The folks I've talked to are kind of leery of it and aren't really convinced that it will help. Whether or not they stick with it is up to them and their desire to quit, of course. It's just a matter of spending a lot of cash on something that you're not sure is going to work for you.

There's the perfect kit and then there's what we see on many sites. Granted, my ideal kit might not be someone else's, but surely we can all agree that the ancient atomizer+cartridge+polyfil is no longer acceptable. I believe that the bar should be raised.

I'm NOT criticizing anyone. In fact, I said that GV has some of the best I've seen. I'm pretty sure that most of the kits are assembled by the manufacturers and sold as is. I think the manufacturers need to step it up a couple notches. The newer Vision eGo kits are an example of them finally upgrading kits and giving newbies the kind of experience they should get in this day and age.

And the whole "if you don't like it, don't buy it" attitude isn't necessary nor is it helpful. I've seen people post on the newbie forum complaining that their new e-cig isn't working right or it isn't satisfying and it's often because it's a crappy kit with outdated stuff and they just didn't know any better. Telling that person that it's their own fault would be terribly rude. And a lot of them don't even find the ECF until after they've had problems and tried to search up a solution.

Anyway, my idea of a perfect kit is basically just stuff that's up to date in regards to where we are in e-cig evolution and bare bones kits with the option of adding in the extra stuff like cases and whatnot. And I'm really just complaining about it in general.

I agree with Bonny. It was hard for me to decide on the first 'kit' that I purchased as a new vaper. This was before I found ECF or GV for that matter. All the googled kits were either lacking something that I needed or had just too much that I didn't need.
As a suggestion, I think it would be awesome if someone (hint, hint Danno) would create a BYOB program. Build your own bundle.... You would have to have specific products to qualify your build, say one case and two batteries as a requirement. Everyone looks for a savings on the kits. You could put a % discount on them according to price. Say 5% if your bundle is $50, 6% for $60, 7% for $70 and so on. It would take some thinking, but I believe it could be a very good way to offer kits that are more personalized to each individual.

I think this is kinda what Bonny is meaning to say when she mentions 'customizable' kits. Food for thought at least

That's exactly what I mean. A build-your-own style of starter kit would be awesome. IMO, the required items for it to qualify as a kit would be the charger, battery and carto/clearo/tank. It wouldn't be any harder to put together than if someone just purchased each one separately and it would make choosing a lot easier for a newbie.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Geez, Wally. I didn't mean to offend you or irritate you so badly. Of course, maybe something was lost in translation. Just want to make a few comments.

I'm not offended or irritated. Just my morning, did not finish my coffee yet, opinion. But after reading it again I wouldn't change the general thought I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread