Introducing 'the Mako' PV coming soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
It gives me great pleasure to show off an initial picture of something special we've been working on for the past few months..... so it is without further ado that I bring to you 'The Mako' PV:

Makocomingsoon.jpg

The Mako is one of the first purpose built commercial PV's to be entirely designed, built and assembled in the UK and will be available for order very soon. The name 'Mako' is from the shark with the same name which we feel is apt owing to the sleek look of this PV and the large end button which is reminiscent of a tail fin.

Constructed from 6082 grade aluminium with custom designed button the Mako is a completely mechanical design. It features a large lockable end button (as seen in the picture above) and a large vent hole as standard on all units. All parts are modular and easily repairable/replaceable.

Fittings will be available for either 510,901,801 (possibly 401 depending on demand) and there will be different battery options available also depending on mood:

Maksi: 3.7V 1600mah - All day vape...
Midi: 6V 800mah or 3.7V 900mah - All rounder...
Minno: 3.7V 500mah - For a night on the town...

Colour options will be either sleek black or brushed metal finish for those who like to keep their PV nicely shined and polished! :D

The release date and price have not been finalised as yet, but keep an eye out on this thread for further updates, photos and videos in the coming weeks..... ;)

Over and Out.

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hey True!

Always got love for true.... does that mean you want to be my beta tester? :p I'll see what I can do you PV ..... you... ;)

I'll try and do a video asap.... bearing in mind that this is the initial prototype so there will me some very slight cosmetic changes before the release.

Just got the 2 other sizes back from the workshop and I'm loving the dinky one.... very sweeet. :D

All caps will be interchangeable between the three sizes maksi, midi and minno and the three sizes will be sold either as a set or individually.

Good to see you around!

Tim :)

truelove

PV Casanova
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Bronx, NY
Hey True!

Always got love for true.... does that mean you want to be my beta tester? :p I'll see what I can do you PV ..... you... ;)

I'll try and do a video asap.... bearing in mind that this is the initial prototype so there will me some very slight cosmetic changes before the release.

Just got the 2 other sizes back from the workshop and I'm loving the dinky one.... very sweeet. :D

All caps will be interchangeable between the three sizes maksi, midi and minno and the three sizes will be sold either as a set or individually.

Good to see you around!

Tim :)
Did you say beta tester???
Ready when you are buddy!

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Did you say beta tester???
Ready when you are buddy!

Great - well we're getting some more made up hopefully next week, so I'll be sure to let you know when yours is ready.... :)

This sounds great! Will the 801 be the "default" size or will you need an adapter for that?

Hello Mr E-Pipeman!! :D

Haven't seen you in a while! Hope all well with you good sir! :)

There will be standard fittings available for 901, 510, 801 ie. not necessary for adapter to convert from 901 to 801.

Also something else you might be interested in is that the smallest version (minno) will either be able to take the mini pipe battery (with spacer) or the standard battery (larger capacity than mini pipe battery) which we will also sell.

Unlike the mini pipe the design is mechanical and the chance of the switch failing is virtually nil. ;)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Great - well we're getting some more made up hopefully next week, so I'll be sure to let you know when yours is ready.... :)

Hello Mr E-Pipeman!! :D

Haven't seen you in a while! Hope all well with you good sir! :)

There will be standard fittings available for 901, 510, 801 ie. not necessary for adapter to convert from 901 to 801.

Also something else you might be interested in is that the smallest version (minno) will either be able to take the mini pipe battery (with spacer) or the standard battery (larger capacity than mini pipe battery) which we will also sell.

Unlike the mini pipe the design is mechanical and the chance of the switch failing is virtually nil. ;)

I'm delighted to say that all is indeed well - and I hope it is equally well with your good self!

I'm Janty Sticking pretty well constantly now (because it work and works reliably) but your new creation has my attention.

I'm fond of the fact that it's normal voltage but large capacity (if I have it right). Will the batteries be the safety type (not that it matters -we used to smoke tobacco!)

Mako shark - when I was a small boy on summer hols I'm sure I saw those being weighed in Looe harbour...

I'm sure that you need an 801 beta tester (he says cheekily)...

This is a good idea - all power to you!
:)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I'm delighted to say that all is indeed well - and I hope it is equally well with your good self!

I'm Janty Sticking pretty well constantly now (because it work and works reliably) but your new creation has my attention.

I'm fond of the fact that it's normal voltage but large capacity (if I have it right). Will the batteries be the safety type (not that it matters -we used to smoke tobacco!)

Mako shark - when I was a small boy on summer hols I'm sure I saw those being weighed in Looe harbour...

I'm sure that you need an 801 beta tester (he says cheekily)...

This is a good idea - all power to you!
:)

That's right all three options can use a 3.7V large capacity battery....the only exception being the midi size which also has 6V (or 3.7V) capability. :)

I have been using the 6V constantly in the mako midi since getting the prototype and it is vaping very nicely.... in fact originally we were toying with the 5V idea (still are), but at this point I see no need because it appears that with this particular arrangement/construction, it works very well IMO.

Currently, we have sourced protected batteries for the midi size and the maksi. The minno size will take the mini pipe battery which I don't think is protected or another slightly larger capacity battery which I'm trying to find in a protected version. The 6V option would be unprotected and use at your own risk.... however to date, I personally have had no issues to speak of. There is also a vent hole in the event of the battery letting off gasses.

You're right and you probably did see one (very jealous!). The Mako shark does frequent British waters - especially around the South West coast line (Cornwall) and that was one of the main reasons for going with the name. So there is a British connection there and that was all important being that this is a UK made PV. :)

The 901 version will be first to come out when we start an initial production run hopefully next week, but the 801 and 510 will follow shortly after and when they do, I'll see what I can do..... ;)

Thanks for the support E-Pipeman and see you around soon no doubt! :D

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Sounds interesting...and it's always good to see a UK based venture! Will be keeping my eye out for more news. :)

Thanks Jackie -

Will definitely be keeping the news trickling in on this thread as quickly as we can for all of you... ;)

Ok Tim thats it, I'm calling you out son!

You promised almost a week ago and still no freakin video of this thing.
Don't worry about the paint job, it's all good yo lol.
JUST SHOW IT OFF ALREADY :D.

Video is on it's way True - hopefully tonight we'll have something to show.... you impatient PV ..... you! :D

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hello Nforcer -

One of the main reasons we decided to go it alone was to try and cut out as many middlemen as possible in the hope that we will be able to keep costs down. :)

As it stands I really haven't got the final RRP yet, but I'm really hoping that we'll be able to keep the price under the $100 mark.

Obviously, production and labour costs in the UK are considerably more expensive than the far east, so it's going to be a long shot but one that we will do our very best to achieve. ;)

Thanks for your interest,

Tim

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
sorry to sound stupid but what do you mean by "All sleeve threads compatible with the same modular button/atomiser cap."

Hi Scamz -

Sleeves for different sizes (ie.minno, midi, maksi) will fit the same button configuration, you will have three ecigs in one by just unscrewing the button/atomiser cap and screwing it back on the one you prefer.

EG. You've been smoking on the maksi for that all day vape at home, but decide to go out to the pub and want something more discrete. So you just unscrew the two end caps and screw them onto the smaller minno sleeve.

Sleeves (and a pair of caps) will either be sold as a set (all three together) or singly at a relatively cheap price. So for instance this saves money on buying three different sized complete ecigs.

Video about to be posted which will maybe help a little more.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread