Introducing the VISION Variable Voltage and Wattage Mod! If It Don't Break - We Wouldn't Fix It! Its a Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Interesting. Hows is you guys attached? Mine appears to be tension locked to or maybe into a bit of a groove in the bottom all the way to the sides of the walls IYSWIM. It looks as though mine would be pretty simple to replace.

Gimpy, did you get yours here, if as I'm understanding correctly it is different than mine?

There is a short step up in the cap that the baby spring slips over.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I got mine also just before GV got theirs in ( I didn't even know they were going to carry them this time )... Mine came with the smaller spring but the distributor I got it through, also included the updated spring with the unit... So now I've got both springs in, I saw no reason to pull the older one out.

The new spring is still very easy to close onto the unit...

Gimpy1261

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Ga. Down Under
Interesting. Hows is you guys attached? Mine appears to be tension locked to or maybe into a bit of a groove in the bottom all the way to the sides of the walls IYSWIM. It looks as though mine would be pretty simple to replace.

Gimpy, did you get yours here, if as I'm understanding correctly it is different than mine?

I got mine from that place in NC. I think I've got it all sorted out now. Gonna order one to replace this one from somewhere. ELSE other than NC or maybe take one out of a small flashlight and poke it in there. Hey that might be a good Idea.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
visionvariablemod.png

visionvariablemod_1.png

visionvariablemod_2.png

visionvariablemod_3.png

visionvariablemod_4.png

VISION VV Variable VV & VW mod - Voltage and Wattage - CHROME & Gun Metal
$59.95

Introducing the new Vision Variable VV & VW mod which can vary both voltage or wattage depending on the mode. What is impressing me the most about this unit is the fairly easy and straighforward way in which you can switch modes between AVG and RMS and then from there:
  • Change voltage in increments of .1 from 3.0 to 6.0 volts
  • Change wattage in .5 increments from 3.0 to 15 watts
  • Check atomizer resistance
  • Check remaining battery voltage

How do you switch bewteen AVG and RMS?
  1. With unit on (press the power button 5 times to turn on and off) press either of the mini buttons atop the power button ten seconds.
  2. Your display will show NO1 or NO2.
  3. NO1 is AVG mode (recommended only for advanced users as this mode produces much stronger power than you might expect at various voltages)
  4. NO2 is RMS mode - it is considered more accurate and is the recommended mode to use.

How do you switch from variable voltage to variable wattage?
  • Pretty simple! Hold both mini buttons down at the same time for about 3 seconds. You will see a 'v' or a 'w' in smaller lettering on the blue OLED screen next to the numeric setting at that moment very clearly and in this way will be able to see that you are operating in either varaible voltage or wattage.
  • It toggles between the two with each simultaneous 3 second press of both mini buttons.

Once I have chosen variable voltage or variable wattage, how do I adjust those levels?
  • By pressing either of the mini buttons you can work up or down in .1v increments for VV and in .5 watts in VW mode.
  • Variable Voltage works from 3.0 to 6.0v in .1 increments. Once you reach the end it will cycle over to the lower or the higher setting, depending. For instance at 6.0v if you press the right button once more, it cycles to 3.0v.
  • Variable Wattage works from 3.0 to 15.0 watts in .5 increments and in the same fashion described above.

How can I measure the resistance of my atomizer?
  • Insanely simple once again! simply press the RIGHT mini button for three seconds, your resiatance will show on the blue OLED screen.

How can I measure the remaining voltage of my battery?
  • That's right, press the LEFT mini button for three seconds, your battery's voltage will show on the blue OLED screen.

Other Features of the VISION Variable Mod:
  • The eGo well will accept almost all eGo clearos such as our own Stardust, ReDuX and AlphaStar. SORRY but you will need a 510 to eGo adapter to iuuse either the Kanger T2 or T3.
  • The extension is INCLUDED. This APV can accept 18350, 18650 or 2 18350 batteries (IMR or protected, button top or flat). It is highly recommended when stacking (if you must) to use two batteries with the same voltage and two batteries of the same brand. We DO NOT recommend stackign batteries, you do so at your own risk!
  • 5-click power on/off
  • This uses a beautiful OLED display and shows a pale yellow for the lettering/numbering on a blue background. High resolution, no cryptic LED patterns to make up lettering!
  • Approximately 137mm in length (of the full APV with extension attached) and 22mm diameter.

Yiddles-bumps.gif

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
This is still my favorite mod to date... It's hard to find a simpler to use menu system that still provides all of the info you may want to see.

There are a couple of additions/alterations that I feel that would make it even better still...

1. An optional 15mm long extention tube to allow the use of a 18500 size battery.

2. A slight increase in the diameter of the eGo well area in order to allow Kanger T3/MT3 and similar size vaporizers

3. Relocate the fire button to the other side of the tube directly behind the screen... This would not only make it a little easier to fire ( since the button would be in a more natural location for the thumb to use it ), but also would allow them to shorten the tube around an inch ( 25mm or so ) making it even more compact...

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
This is still my favorite mod to date... It's hard to find a simpler to use menu system that still provides all of the info you may want to see.

There are a couple of additions/alterations that I feel that would make it even better still...

1. An optional 15mm long extention tube to allow the use of a 18500 size battery.

2. A slight increase in the diameter of the eGo well area in order to allow Kanger T3/MT3 and similar size vaporizers

3. Relocate the fire button to the other side of the tube directly behind the screen... This would not only make it a little easier to fire ( since the button would be in a more natural location for the thumb to use it ), but also would allow them to shorten the tube around an inch ( 25mm or so ) making it even more compact...

Very nice suggestions. I'm still loving mine as is though, but those would be some really nice additions!

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012

Great Ideas. In fact the well needs to be opened up a little more anyway because the stardust (which fits) is nearly impossible to draw on IMO..

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Thanks for the suggestions...we'll see if we can get these suggestions over to Vision people verbatim (they are all on strike til the 17th >.>

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I have been vaping on mine almost exclusively since they came in sans testing on incomings...the only thing I notice is you sometimes have to rattle the cage a little to get a connect to the battery top...

One other benefit of it is, with a battery inside, it makes a good mini nuk chuck for defense in extremely urban conditions. It has enough length for good solid leverage in the hand and leaving plenty of meat to defend oneself. If we can get a lanyard to lock around it and have it hanging from your neck, a break away lanyard, where you can grasp lanyard and pull down quickly, whip it around hand and then truly use it nuck-chuck style. We could change the name from Vamo to BAMMO...

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I have been vaping on mine almost exclusively since they came in sans testing on incomings...the only thing I notice is you sometimes have to rattle the cage a little to get a connect to the battery top...

One other benefit of it is, with a battery inside, it makes a good mini nuk chuck for defense in extremely urban conditions. It has enough length for good solid leverage in the hand and leaving plenty of meat to defend oneself. If we can get a lanyard to lock around it and have it hanging from your neck, a break away lanyard, where you can grasp lanyard and pull down quickly, whip it around hand and then truly use it nuck-chuck style. We could change the name from Vamo to BAMMO...

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012

I bet your using flattop Batts?

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I switch off, not being sure if a wider surface area would help or if a raised button would be better, what do you think? I'm thinking with the raised button it may go 'off track'. It does have a slight, very slight rattle so it seems like it could shift. I probably ought to just try to throw a vape safe on it. Its not a huge issue, somewhat rarely have to do the lil shake.

But you didn't comment on my urban defense thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread