• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
i had complete faith in ya doc, sorry i didn see yer post about bumpin the other thread, i had a long nite with my dad. now that we've taken care of that....

time fer a lil vaping session on the ole thermo:toast: and maybe a beer

Beer? Did someone say Beer?????

Vapnub

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Charleston SC
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. But have been having troubles getting posted. Discovered that I had to join the group instead of just trolling and trying to reply to this intro tread. Anyway I leave in N Charleston SC and have been vaping for 2 weeks. I already recruited my cousin to vaping as well although he has not taken to it as I have. I ordered my Janty Dura C two weeks agao and have not picked up an analog since. He went to the Northwoods Mall and purchased a 51 automatic and has been disappointed he says. I have been very disappointed that there is not a local physical shop. I tend to be impatient and forgetful when it comes to pre-ordering anything online. I general remember to order when I run out LOL...

Anyway, just wanted to say HI and intro myself. Oh and was glad to see that a meeting is being planned for 9/11 in MB. Short drive and being a newbie hope to learn a lot.

Last edited:

Quinta

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Summerville,SC
:) Hi, neighbour! And welcome!

I'm one month older here than you are ;) and only today I realized that I need back up for my Sit and Go when I misplaced it. Couldn't find it for three minutes and started panicking. Now I want to buy couple more of them.

So my strategy will be to get back up for everything. Some people have backup for their backups.:vapor:

Will meet one day for sure.:)

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
He went to the Northwoods Mall and purchased a 51 automatic and has been disappointed he says.

Sorry to hear he bought that piece of garbage. I heckle those guys when ever I go into Northwoods, which isn't often, but I get a kick out of their faces when I pull a Silver Bullet out of my pocket and listen to them say things like. "OH, I'd never use that.....the 51 is so much better." I laugh my ... off at them.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Welcome Vapnub! I am from Charleston too! Moved away from Goose Creek a few years back now trying to sell and get back down there. My son is in the Hanahan area. I hate to hear that your cousin got gipped at the mall. It may take a better model to get him off the cigs.
Good luck to you both.

Vapnub

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Charleston SC
Sorry to hear he bought that piece of garbage. I heckle those guys when ever I go into Northwoods, which isn't often, but I get a kick out of their faces when I pull a Silver Bullet out of my pocket and listen to them say things like. "OH, I'd never use that.....the 51 is so much better." I laugh my ... off at them.

YUP!!!!!! and thats all I gotta say LOL.

Vapnub

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Charleston SC
Welcome Vapnub! I am from Charleston too! Moved away from Goose Creek a few years back now trying to sell and get back down there. My son is in the Hanahan area. I hate to hear that your cousin got gipped at the mall. It may take a better model to get him off the cigs.
Good luck to you both.

Thanks much. I'm trying to tell him that, but he keeps thinking they are all the same. Thinking about just getting him a good one and making him my laundry slave to pay it off LOL...

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Y'know, I've been here for a little while and as I was reading through the intro pages I realized I never introduced myself...

I'm 43yo, mom to a 13yo and 4yo boy. I lived in Lexington/Chapin SC for over 20 years before moving back to Sumter to be near my parents. Sumter is everything you read about it and then some ... no matter who denies it! :p And it hasn't changed much in the the 20+ years that I've been gone.

I'm a registered nurse (critical care and a few other areas, as well) and work weekends in order to be home during the week for my 2 boys. My DH is a Project Manager for a commercial construction company in Columbia -- he commutes, daily. We have been lucky that his company has been around long enough to weather the current economic times fairly well. It is by their goodness that I've been lucky enough to travel this summer to Hilton Head and to Myrtle Beach in September.

I was a pack a day smoker for 25 years. It took me over a month to be analog free. I've fallen prey to the occasional smoke "just to see" and I'll never go back unless vaping is outlawed and, hopefully, not even then. Hopefully, it won't be outlawed! My last "analog trial" was over 2 months ago and I now consider myself an ex-smoker! Woot!

My current fave juices are:

iVape's menthol
TV's Peach melba, Raspberry/Brandy/Cheesecake, Butter Rum and Cafe Macchiato
V4Ls Wowboy and WowCaramel
Ry4
Vermont Vapor Menthol mixed with Ry4 (my only DIY, which isn't really, LOL)
MFS's Blueberry cheesecake
and anxiously awaiting VaporStation's VS4

It always amazes me that I smoked the same cig for 25 years, but I have 3 tackleboxes of flavored juices and I keep trying new ones... :)

I'm really looking forward to the Meet in Myrtle Beach and hope to see lots of ya'll there! And, Joe, now that my tastebuds have a liking for more than menthol, I look forward to trying some of your other juices real soon!

papa_cadillac

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
cottageville, SC
Hey, folks! Been vaping since May 17th, '10, and also had my last analog that very same day!
I have been here in a little speedtrap of a town called Cottageville for the last nine years and commute to N. Charleston to my job.(A 30 mile hike, but well worth it when I get home to the country!)
I had been a smoker for 24 years, and the is the best thing, bar none, that has come along for smokers and helping them to either quit or cut back dramatically.
My wife(a 30+ year smoker) quit June 30th and hasn't felt the need to move past her kr8 so I just make sure she's supplied with her Menthol and I'm pretty much safe.(LOL)
I had to move on to the Wetbox, which is ok and used for "at work" and I recently got myself THE REO for my birthday. I had never used an atty before, but I never wanted to drip, either. This is a whole new level of flavor, vapor, etc. I am burning out on Wowboy(V4L) and Coffee(Also V4L), so I'm about to go on a rampage to find some flavors to start a satisfying rotation. I really need a good tobacco flavor that doesn't taste like chemicals...
Anyway, good to see a lot of people that are into this besides me here in SC, and maybe eventually I will actually see someone else besides my neighbor and wife vaping away!
Later, and Go Cocks!

PS:pokey, Sumter is where my family originated and it's a good thing it hasn't changed much in 20 years or so, although I have noticed some things have changed for the worse.(I guess nothing really stays the same)
I lived there for a few years in the 90s and really enjoyed it.
Nice to hear from someone there.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Hey Papa!

Nice to see you here! No, nothing really stays the same, does it? Sumter is still Sumter and like all other places, it has it's share of growing pains -- like sneaky taxes, millage and fees that our local government keeps adding almost daily... :glare:

I've been reading about the Reo -- what a nice gift to give yourself! I keep thinking maybe I should get away from cartos but then I remember the hassle of my m401 and I talk myself out of it. But the idea of a juice-bottle mod with an atty is VERY appealing. I am glad you are enjoying it! Come to the Myrtle Beach meet and bring it with you! C'mon, you know you want to! Show that baby off!

Welcome to the SC side of the forum!

OldCoot

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Possum Kingdom, S.C.
Well i guess i'll intoduce myself,,,I'm probably the oldest , newest member here,,I'm 64 years old,,been married to the same woman for 44 years,,2 children and 2 Grandchildren..i live in the Upstate, been here all my life.
Retired, and still work 3 days a week just to keep in the mix. Smoked 50 years , and started serious vaping on July 7th, when i laid those Cigarettes down,,. I am old wornout, cantankerous, and almost a hermit, lol..don't like crowds and hate the telephone. Since i got older, Doctor has it in for me,,,took my girlfriend away from me, Little Debbie, put me on a diet,told me to quit smoking, and told me i drank too much coffee! What's a man to do??? Learned a lot about PV's , Juice and such,,and after almost 2 months being around these forums, i got one question....why don't a Battery Manufacturer make a 5 volt AA battery,,or 2 2.5 volts,, all these mods have to be regulated to 5 volts don't seem right...oh well enough venting,,supposed to be vaping.
My 5 year old Grand Daughter calls me Papa D..so ya'll can call me that or Old Coot. hehe:banana::banana:

Last edited:

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Well i guess i'll intoduce myself,,,I'm probably the oldest , newest member here,,I'm 64 years old,,been married to the same woman for 44 years,,2 children and 2 Grandchildren..i live in the Upstate, been here all my life.
Retired, and still work 3 days a week just to keep in the mix. Smoked 50 years , and started serious vaping on July 7th, when i laid those Cigarettes down,,. I am old wornout, cantankerous, and almost a hermit, lol..don't like crowds and hate the telephone. Since i got older, Doctor has it in for me,,,took my girlfriend away from me, Little Debbie, put me on a diet,told me to quit smoking, and told me i drank too much coffee! What's a man to do??? Learned a lot about PV's , Juice and such,,and after almost 2 months being around these forums, i got one question....why don't a Battery Manufacturer make a 5 volt AA battery,,or 2 2.5 volts,, all these mods have to be regulated to 5 volts don't seem right...oh well enough venting,,supposed to be vaping.
My 5 year old Grand Daughter calls me Papa D..so ya'll can call me that or Old Coot. hehe:banana::banana:

I've decided after reading this... you're awesome. lol :D

kaderick

ECF Veteran
Hello all! My name is Kaderick and I live in Blythewood. I can't seem to join the group, may not have enough posts or something. I have been vaping for 3 weeks now and I realized as I wait for juice to arrive I won't buy a pack of analogs to get my nic. Instead I got some VG and flavored it! I am loving my new hobby of vaping and can't wait till payday to buy an ego! I am off to help inlaws move to Myrtle beach today so look forward to getting back on tonight and checking SC's forum out more! Keep your fingures crossed I have juice in the box when I get home lol,

myrc60

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2010
Greenville, SC, USA
Hello SC vapers! My name is myrc60 (MY RC 60) which of course is not my real name but I intend to leave ya guessing on that. I live in Greenville and started vaping 8-20-2010. I am looking for a local shop I can walk into and buy some e-juice. If you know of one please send me a PM as I am going to run out b4 my shipment arrives.

I moved to SC from Chicago in 2003...running from the snow and high taxes. Currently looking for a job as a data analyst or other data pusher for any reputable company in this area.

I have been to Myrtle Beach twice since I moved here but have not made it to Charleston yet. We don't travel much unfortunately. Nice to meet ya'll.

kaderick

ECF Veteran
MYRC60 My mother is buying juice from a kiosk at westgate mall. It is right outside of pennies and it is $1/ml. The guys are cool there juice is good but they are selling smoke 51 systems. It is an easy place to pick-up juice a little $$ but good if you need it quick. Westgate mall is junction of I26 and hwy 29 if your not formilar with Spartanburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread