• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapnub

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Charleston SC
Hello SC vapers!
I have been to Myrtle Beach twice since I moved here but have not made it to Charleston yet. We don't travel much unfortunately. Nice to meet ya'll.

Welcome myrc60 to the forums. Funny I was just telling someone that when I lived in the mountains I visited the beach, now I visit the mountains LOL... I use to go to MB all the time. I have been twice in 15 years since moving to SC.

As far as a local shop, gl with that. Not many brick and mortar shops around, but check into IVAPE.NET. The owner Joe is awesome and he will hook you up with quick delivery. Also, look over the forums for the MB meeting that Joe and Doc Vapor have planned. My understanding is that Joe will have a lot of good stuff on hand for purchase.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
Look at all you wonderful people!!!!
Whenever I don't get to sign on here for awhile, I come back and there are more and more people to meet...
How great is that.
OLD, YOUNG, HAPPY, SAD, DOESN'T MATTER JUST GLAD YOUR HERE!!!!!
My intro is in the beginning somewhere, but I'm here in Lexington, so like "Country" has already said, if your out let me know too and we can meet for refills, or even trades!!!!!

kaderick

ECF Veteran
Wow Glad to know there are so many here in Columbia area! Same to all if anyone needs anything hit me up if I have I am always willing to share. My wife asked me last night if it had to have Nic in it and when I told her know she said she may have to get one just to look cool lol. Also I have sever acid reflux or should I say I did untill I started vaping, now I am not taking any acid medicine!!!!!!!! wish I have been vaping for the last few years lol.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Smoking increases stomach acids, decreases the amount of saliva you produce (and the bicarbonate found in saliva) and relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) allowing stomach acid to backwash into your esophagus, i.e. heartburn/acid reflux.

Some gastroenterologists I worked with (this was many years back) claimed it was from the nicotine -- apparently not! Must be from one of the other 4000 chemicals found in cigs, since ejuice has nicotine -- at least mine does and the reflux is gone...

Ha! In your face Drs. ______ and ______!

Congratulations on the easing of your symptoms, guys!

OldCoot

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Possum Kingdom, S.C.
Amazing how your body changes when you start vaping,,,lungs clearing up,,,smell returns,,you sleep better, no wheezing when laying down,,lots of good things...i'm so glad i gave up analogs,,hehe after so many years one thinks they have to have certain things to feel good,,,that's a LIE,,. I had forgot what food cooking, and coffee and such smelled like,,,my smell was messed up for years..like i said amazing how your body changes when you start vaping..

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Amazing how your body changes when you start vaping,,,lungs clearing up,,,smell returns,,you sleep better, no wheezing when laying down,,lots of good things...i'm so glad i gave up analogs,,hehe after so many years one thinks they have to have certain things to feel good,,,that's a LIE,,. I had forgot what food cooking, and coffee and such smelled like,,,my smell was messed up for years..like i said amazing how your body changes when you start vaping..

I've been vaping for a year....this is the best thing I've ever done for my health.

sapphyre

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
South Carolina
Hi Guys (and Gals)

My name is Meg, and I live in the itty bitty town of Kingstree. Been a smoker for a full 2/3 of my 33 years on Earth, and tired of poisoning myself and being unable to breathe, as well as having such a pure NEED for those little harmless looking analogs. My children are a little worried that I am exchanging one addiction for another, but I happily pointed out to them that it's cheaper, doesn't stink, doesn't give them second hand nasties in their lungs, and so on and so forth.

Okay, so I am a 33 year old mother of three, husband to one, furmom of four. I am a part-time CNA and part-time freelance writer. I love to read, write, draw, play internet games, and hunt and fish. I work a lot right now, so most of my personal life is right here on the internet when I have time.

As far as vaping, today marks day three for me. I have only had maybe four or five analogs since I started vaping. When I beat myself up about it, I am reminded how many I have avoided smoking. The physical withdrawal from the other chemicals is not hurting as much today. My smoker's cough has stopped, and now I am clearing my lungs. I can breathe a lot better. I smell better, and I am starting to be able to taste a little again, resulting in mondo chocolate cravings.

It's great to meet other Carolinians that this method is working for! I hope to meet many of you here, and maybe even in real life. Have a great day!

Meg aka sapphyre

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Hi Sapphyre!

I'm over in Sumter -- not too far! Best friend is from Greelyville, haven't converted her yet (she's in Columbia) but I'm working on it!

Congratulations on cutting back on the analogs -- took me a full month, but now I'm free!

Welcome to our little, but growing, group!
Hi Guys (and Gals)

My name is Meg, and I live in the itty bitty town of Kingstree. Been a smoker for a full 2/3 of my 33 years on Earth, and tired of poisoning myself and being unable to breathe, as well as having such a pure NEED for those little harmless looking analogs. My children are a little worried that I am exchanging one addiction for another, but I happily pointed out to them that it's cheaper, doesn't stink, doesn't give them second hand nasties in their lungs, and so on and so forth.

Okay, so I am a 33 year old mother of three, husband to one, furmom of four. I am a part-time CNA and part-time freelance writer. I love to read, write, draw, play internet games, and hunt and fish. I work a lot right now, so most of my personal life is right here on the internet when I have time.

As far as vaping, today marks day three for me. I have only had maybe four or five analogs since I started vaping. When I beat myself up about it, I am reminded how many I have avoided smoking. The physical withdrawal from the other chemicals is not hurting as much today. My smoker's cough has stopped, and now I am clearing my lungs. I can breathe a lot better. I smell better, and I am starting to be able to taste a little again, resulting in mondo chocolate cravings.

It's great to meet other Carolinians that this method is working for! I hope to meet many of you here, and maybe even in real life. Have a great day!

Meg aka sapphyre

Hi Folks,
New guy from Goose Creek here.
Been a smoker for over 40 years and had the last one last night.
Wifey and I were on the Carnival Fantasy a couple of weeks ago and a gent sitting next to us at breakfast bought out a e-cig and started puffing on it. I asked about it and he was distributor for the brand. I picked up starter kit from him on the ship and waited until I finished the next to last pack of the carton.
So far it's been about 12 hours and trying to get the hang of vaping.

But nice to meet ya'll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread