Ipv 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

studky02

Mar 16, 2015
Kentucky
If you haven't done so already go pre-order the ipv4. Temp control (should work if judging by the Yihi M class) Plus you can get it from this place that was on vapingcheap.com iPV4 100 Watt Box Mod for 74.95 that includes free shipping plus you can get an extra 10% off. I am so stoked about this device it's all I can think about! I have a feeling my istick 50 will be in the box after I get this.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
while i am excited about this mod also, i wouldn't put away your istick 50 just yet. i have a feeling folks aren't aware just how large this mod is- this is no mini mod and may be quite a bit larger than some folks are expecting. while i think it will be a great vape i am not sure some folks will like the large size for an ADV- with an atomizer this is going to be very big and not at all pocket -friendly. it is hard to tell because they never show it next to anything but in the pics i have seen it is larger than an ipv3 which is not a small mod. it certainly is quite a bit larger than my sx-mini and might take some getting used to after enjoying that mod for some time.anyway, i can't wait -this will be my 1st TC mod (i am skipping the sx-mini m class) and it will be interesting to see if TC is an important evolution in vaping or a feature i have no use for. i am guessing the latter but only time will tell.....

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
First I heard of this, but today, April 10, Vape Street is now advertising the IPV 4 thusly: Adjustable wattage: 5W-150W (NEW FEATURE: upgradable to 250W)

The picture looks the same as the mod were all waiting on, but that's not posted anywhere else that I've seen. Weird. Do they have some insider info or something or did they just get it mixed up with the IPV 3? Probably the latter.

Last edited:

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I don't think anyone wanting a mini is looking for a 100W mod, and anyone looking for a 100W mod knows it's not going to be a mini. A mod with dual 18650s running in serial isn't going to be small.

i didn't mean to imply that this is a mini- my point is that it is going to be larger than a lot of folks picture it being. a lot larger. when it comes in(finally) notice how many comments there are relating to how big it is...if i am wrong i stand corrected but i wager i am right. we shall see....

Last edited:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Lol, I like how they put a 30mm atty on it to make it look smaller in the OP's link.

It's on the huge side. The battery sleeve alone is about the size of an iStick 50w.

77_P_1421977468600.jpg

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Looks to be the same size as the IPV3
https://youtu.be/xP3_doGyRuw

Same height but not as wide.

It's no iStick 50W, but it's twice as powerful and has temperature control which the iStick lacks. It's thicker, but otherwise smaller than an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy. I don't think anyone who is looking for a 100W dual battery mod is going to be surprised by it's size. It's pretty much the same size as every other 100+W dual battery regulated mod on the market right now. It's not like the Sigelei 150W is any smaller, they're nearly identical in size.

5Ok0uOv.jpg

Sigelei 150W, IPV3, and Hana Modz clone.

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I posted this in the other IPV4 thread, but I'll post it here too. I don't know if anyone else has seen the message, but eciggity just updated their website saying "P4U is waiting for the boxes to build the unit. ETA is next week" or something. Very disappointing, considering the dang things aren't even built yet. Too anxious.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
First I heard of this, but today, April 10, Vape Street is now advertising the IPV 4 thusly: Adjustable wattage: 5W-150W (NEW FEATURE: upgradable to 250W)

That's peculiar because the Vape Street website no longer states anything about the iPV 4 firmware being upgradable now.
Yihiecigar's website does not state anything about the wattage change either. Minimum wattage is 7 watts though.
Don't see why anyone using the "Temperature Protection" feature or "Joules" as Yihi uses, would want a 250 watt MOD anyway.

http://store.vape-street.com/product/ipv4-by-green-leaf-pre-order/

They also do not have the latest chipset nomenclature listed, which is now the SX330 V4S version.

From the Yihi website:
Features:
--with temp control
--7W-100 Variable Wattage
--1.0V-7.0V Variable Voltage
--Sustain 0.1-3.0 Ohm Atomizer
--Joules Mode sustain 0.12-1.0 Ohm
--0.96" OLED Screen

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
Very disappointing, considering the dang things aren't even built yet.

I agree. All I can say is the market is not going to be very tolerant of flaws after all this. They better have it right after making everybody wait this long. When I first ordered mine, I wasn't even expecting temperature control. I just wanted a decent dual 18650 device for a decent price. Now, my expectation increase is directly proportional to the length of time I'm having to wait. Don't screw it up, P4Y.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
I just got the IPV 4 100w. In the manual it says it can be upgraded to Temp Control online. I kind of have my doubts about that, but that is what the manual says in the box with mine. I will say it is not small, but I have a SXmini and a Flask. The IPV 4 is taller than the Flask, but not as wide. It fits and feels great in the hand. I do have kind of large hands, (long fingers) so that may be why it feels very natural to me.
I am going to download the upgrade (TC) and will let you know if it actually works on the version I just received today.

From manual: "The temp control function can be carried after the upgrade progress"

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I just got the IPV 4 100w. In the manual it says it can be upgraded to Temp Control online. I kind of have my doubts about that, but that is what the manual says in the box with mine. I will say it is not small, but I have a SXmini and a Flask. The IPV 4 is taller than the Flask, but not as wide. It fits and feels great in the hand. I do have kind of large hands, (long fingers) so that may be why it feels very natural to me.
I am going to download the upgrade (TC) and will let you know if it actually works on the version I just received today.

It's already upgraded dude. Temp control works out of the box.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread