Status
Not open for further replies.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I just got the ipv 4 100w. In the manual it says it can be upgraded to Temp Control online. I kind of have my doubts about that, but that is what the manual says in the box with mine. I will say it is not small, but I have a SXmini and a Flask. The ipv 4 is taller than the Flask, but not as wide. It fits and feels great in the hand. I do have kind of large hands, (long fingers) so that may be why it feels very natural to me.
I am going to download the upgrade (TC) and will let you know if it actually works on the version I just received today.

From manual: "The temp control function can be carried after the upgrade progress"
you don't have to download anything- temp control is already on your device. that printing was for pre-production models before they decided to put TC on all the devices. so the bottom line is they all have TC and there is nothing for you to download. in point of fact, there is no download for the ipv4 on the p4you site-only for the ipv3 and other devices. the twist and turns for the ipv4 rollout has caused all this confusion but your device has TC and you can vape with it as soon as you get it. hopefully we can put all this to bed and people don't have to waste time chasing something that already exists on their device......

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To switch to temperature control, hit the fire button five times, switch to "Joule" mode, set your temperature, then hold the up and down buttons at the same time to set the base resistance. Once that's all set you're ready to vape with TC (assuming you have a tank with a nickel or titanium coil on it).

-Treeburner

Maverik_X

Apr 30, 2015
Utah
plus.google.com
Temp control is already on the iPV4 unit , but it will be upgradable to 120 watts in the next few months.

p4u is working on a new verision of the original iPV3 called the iPV3 LI it's supposed to be 165 watts out of the gate and upgradable to 200 watts. It will most likely cater to those who super sub ohm and want super high wattage.
IPV3 Li Mod - Temperature Control Mod by Pioneer4You

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
Shame the IPV4 is so ugly. I mean damn, that's the ugliest mod i've ever seen.
051_FC_01.jpg

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
Shame the IPV4 is so ugly. I mean damn, that's the ugliest mod i've ever seen.

Well that's why there are SO MANY different temperature controlled MODS appearing on the market.
To appeal to the various whims, desires, quirks, preferences, desired "bling factor", etc.

proverbs-1-28-638_zps5qukkrul.jpg

benearl1

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
new jersey
I got my ipv4 last week.. I didn't really like it when I saw the pics but when I had it in my hands it seemed pretty dope. Definitely perceptivly smaller then the ipv3 and a lot more comfortable to hold. I know vaperoyalty just updated the picture of the black one yesterday or so.. it looks pretty damn cool imo. its all murdered out, no mirror screen protector just clear I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread