IPV4 temp control just announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
Unless they fix the damned battery springs that tear the hell outta my battery wrappers, the annoying screw only battery compartment, and the stupid non working touch sensor, I dont care if that thing has temperature control or time travel, I aint buying it... Still lamenting getting the IPV3 which along with the God Mod 180 is doing nothing but collecting dust as I puff on my Sigelei and my new Reo Grand with Reomizer. I love not having to take the top cap off my rda everytime I need more juice and the Sigelei 150 blew away the IPV3 in terms of quality imho.

AncientAliensGuy

Feb 20, 2015
Texas
I did a lot of reading on that chip and it seems its gonna be measured in joules which is to my understanding = watts x seconds. Instead of degrees F/C. There was much discussion about whether or not it would function as we'd expect it to, even if it does read in a different unit of measurement. I PERSONALLY HOPE Yihi is smart enough to not advertise Temp Control if its not real temp control, but time will tell.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
I did a lot of reading on that chip and it seems its gonna be measured in joules which is to my understanding = watts x seconds. Instead of degrees F/C. There was much discussion about whether or not it would function as we'd expect it to, even if it does read in a different unit of measurement. I PERSONALLY HOPE Yihi is smart enough to not advertise Temp Control if its not real temp control, but time will tell.

The joules replaces the Watts on the display when using a nickle coil -- it doesnt replace the temp setting.

without directly measuring temperature there will always be a layer of extrapolation used -- the curve of the resistance to heat...
but thats true for DNA40 and the YIHI chips -- really unless we all go out and buy specialized atomizers that actaully allow the temp to be monitored there will always be the layer of extrapolation and not direct control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread