iPV6 pioneer4you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priggster

Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
Berlin
So, I got the ipv 6x about a week ago! I have to say, I like the mod.. a lot!

I can live with the absent of reverse battery polarity protection.. but there are 2 things which are bugging me.

1. The locking buttons setting does not work.. it simply doesn't work, right.

2. The TCR does not work, either! I did a quick test with SS316L, 190ºC and 35 Joule. With the preset setting for SS316 it is regulating output down so that the coil doesn't glow at all. BUT, when I put in the TCR value for SS316L (like 0.00092) it should kind of behave the same, right? But the coil lights up like... it glows very bright. No regulating anything.
What is that? Did they not only forget the reverse battery polarity protection and the button lock feature but even forgot that TCR should kick in when you select manual TCR?

I already sent 2 mails to pioneer4you and tried to get in touch with their online Skype service!... Nothing! No email reply and no one is online on Skype since 2 days!

In my email to them I said I will put the video to public on Friday, but jeez.. there's something wrong with this mod and people should know about it even before they buy this mod.

So here you go:

I also contacted Yihi and they said the will forward the problem to their engineering department. Well, at least something,right?

Don't get me wrong please, I like this mod. Form factor and size and in wattage mode.. and maybe in preset modes.. but that's not what they told us. It clearly says you can select you own TCR setting but actually... no you can't! They clearly say that you can lock the buttons but actually... no you can't!

Let's hope that this won't be another Sigelei story with no firmware updates...

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
So, I got the IPV 6x about a week ago! I have to say, I like the mod.. a lot!

I can live with the absent of reverse battery polarity protection.. but there are 2 things which are bugging me.

1. The locking buttons setting does not work.. it simply doesn't work, right.

2. The TCR does not work, either! I did a quick test with SS316L, 190ºC and 35 Joule. With the preset setting for SS316 it is regulating output down so that the coil doesn't glow at all. BUT, when I put in the TCR value for SS316L (like 0.00092) it should kind of behave the same, right? But the coil lights up like... it glows very bright. No regulating anything.
What is that? Did they not only forget the reverse battery polarity protection and the button lock feature but even forgot that TCR should kick in when you select manual TCR?

I already sent 2 mails to Pioneer4you and tried to get in touch with their online Skype service!... Nothing! No email reply and no one is online on Skype since 2 days!

In my email to them I said I will put the video to public on Friday, but jeez.. there's something wrong with this mod and people should know about it even before they buy this mod.

So here you go:

I also contacted Yihi and they said the will forward the problem to their engineering department. Well, at least something,right?

Don't get me wrong please, I like this mod. Form factor and size and in wattage mode.. and maybe in preset modes.. but that's not what they told us. It clearly says you can select you own TCR setting but actually... no you can't! They clearly say that you can lock the buttons but actually... no you can't!

Let's hope that this won't be another Sigelei story with no firmware updates...

Thanks for the work! It may be worthwhile to contact KMG Import. They are the US service center for Pioneer4You. Maybe they have some answers or can track them down for us. Please let us know if you hear anything back.

iPV Warranty – KMG

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
for tcr SS316 use 118

Do you have the IPV6X and are custom TCR values working for you?

For several of us, using TCR mode, regardless of the Value, does not work at all. The Mod will heat the coil without any cut off and the coils will glow. I cannot speak for everyone, but I do not believe that the TCR function works for anyone whom has contributed to this thread.

If yours works, we would love to know the Batch # and Firmware revision of your mod. Thanks!

Priggster

Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
Berlin
here again.. I posted in the wrong threat accidentally.

Yeah, thx jj6404, I was looking for an update for the 6x for quite a while now.. couldn't find any.. Still don't know if it's even possible, though.
Right now I'm back an forth with a P4Y person by email. It seems like they just don't get the problem.

First they told me "I need to set the resistance by pressing + and - button at the same time".. well, I KNOW, and I clearly did that in the video.

After I told them, the second answer was: "our product have the dry burning-resistant protection,under the circumstances of no liquid or less liquid wont work, you'd better fill the liquid to your tank" ... lol, that doesn't even makes sense to me.

So, I don't know if they are just taking the piss or this person has no clue about how TC works.

(for anyone who is interested how TC works here is nice link: Guide to fine-tuning Temp Control Vaping
)

And they not answering all of my questions either about FW update possible or button lock feature.

Let's see what comes next from them.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.

Yeah, thx jj6404, I was looking for an update for the 6x for quite a while now.. couldn't find any.. Still don't know if it's even possible, though.
Right now I'm back an forth with a P4Y person by email. It seems like they just don't get the problem.

First they told me "I need to set the resistance by pressing + and - button at the same time".. well, I KNOW, and I clearly did that in the video.

After I told them, the second answer was: "our product have the dry burning-resistant protection,under the circumstances of no liquid or less liquid wont work, you'd better fill the liquid to your tank" ... lol, that doesn't even makes sense to me.

So, I don't know if they are just taking the piss or this person has no clue about how TC works.

(for anyone who is interested how TC works here is nice link: Guide to fine-tuning Temp Control Vaping
)

And they not answering all of my questions either about FW update possible or button lock feature.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia

)

Thanks for staying on top of this! I have been working on this too, but with much less success. Fingers crossed that they recognize that there are problems, and that they are able to easily fix them!!!!

I would think that since the IPV6X is the last mod they released prior to Aug 8, that they would recognize the importance of this mod's reputation. Pioneer4You could be selling this mod here for another 2 years. If they do not fix the bugs, I imagine that Pioneer4You sales in the US will drop down close to 0. If they DO fix the IPV 6X, I can see it being one of the most popular dual 18650 mods in the country for the next 2 years.

As I have mentioned a few times, if they can work out these kinks, I will immediately purchase another 1 or 2 of these.

Reactions: Priggster

Priggster

Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
Berlin
Hey @greenmachine17,
I think it's a good idea to wait a bit until they sort out some bug on this mod.

And yes you're right, I'm pretty sure there's a language barrier, english is not my first language either, but thats why I actually took a little video for them. I just found it quite hilarious from them telling me that TC only works (or not?) when there is liquid on the coil. I mean, even with no cotton on the coil but just the bare wire TC should kick in as soon the resistant rises when you heat the coil up (and you've set the correct TCR value for the material). And it clearly doesn't.

I will keep you guys updated on what they will respond, anyway :)

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Ok, did a little more playing.....
  • the TCR function does not work no matter what I do
  • I was able to get the TI function to "sort of" work
basically, there are some serious math issues on this mod. The TI function works with a -100F offset (miss programmed or labeled NI200?)

I found the same thing on the SS preset that you did on TI. The SS preset feels cool by 75-100F

Hi all..I'm wondering if P4Y can come up w a update to download .i heard that's not available. .also I've got 2-ipv 400's that are paperweights right now because of reported same reverse polarity problem.am I wrong?

It's only a problem if you put the batteries in reversed,me I would use them.
Just make sure you put them in the right order.

@greenmachine17, I agree with @gtrtech. Use the mods, but be careful with the batteries.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
I'm very careful when installing batteries..but if I can't find my glasses? Lol, I would like to see more clearly marked +,- signs..or positive/negative color. ....,I'd settle for braille .lol. I'm an old guy,according to the kids,40yrs plus smoker.and haven't had a cancer stick since 1/15.and haven't gained ANY weight..so I'm gonna keep cloud chucking

Reactions: jjatl

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
I'm very careful when installing batteries..but if I can't find my glasses? Lol, I would like to see more clearly marked +,- signs..or positive/negative color. ....,I'd settle for braille .lol. I'm an old guy,according to the kids,40yrs plus smoker.and haven't had a cancer stick since 1/15.and haven't gained ANY weight..so I'm gonna keep cloud chucking

I have seen people put red and black Nail Polish on battery terminals and the clamps on battery cables for Lawn Mowers and boat Trolling motors. As long as you didn't paint the conductive surface, I would think that this could help you.

Congrats on getting off the stinkies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread