Is a SX Mini M Class still worth it vs todays TC mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Found a very good price for a new one and in the color i liked. I vape 316SS though and thats my biggest concern. I dont want to be fiddling with it too much to get it to vape well with .4-.7 ohm single coil builds.

At under $80 i could tolerate using NI200 instead but would prefer to stick to SS. I sure loved the build quality of the ones ive held but i could never afford the price back then.

Ive heard the firmware update can increase it to 75watt but did that firmware do anything else for using SS? I normally vape at 30watt or less.

Reactions: anavidfan

Mark Spivey

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Knoxville, TN
It has a manual TCR that you can put in.
ca123726f5705f7fd858cfe768daffb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I say a big "YES" love the M-class and the S-class.

Its rugged, beautiful ( I think one of the best looking ) I love how simple it is to use.

Ive got one that is at least 3 years old? and another I just picked up as a back up.

I say " get it " but Im a notorious enabler :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If you get it and it has the standard battery cap (requiring a coin to open) I highly recommend getting the easy open cap from Varitube (they even sent me a blue rubber mod protector!).
0d18ed0ecd6712db9cf5fea2c5d0e216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, Ive got really bad uncooperative hands to this cap really helps a LOT.
I too got the blue sleeve, and if anyone wants it or has a black one and wants to trade let me know.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Now mind you, I dont use TC, just reg mode with SS coils etc.

I got an old used M-class about a year ago, that was well used for about 45.00
LOVED it, still use it all the time. Was so smitten that when I kept seeing really used ones for up to 100, decided to get a back up.
Had it sitting in a box for about a year, found a person that wanted one and traded for a mech Id be wanting for a couple years.

I was then worried that my beloved M would stop working so I started on the "hunt" for a back up, long story short, ended up buying a grey and silver, new and suddenly someone offered me 2 practically unused, one definitely unused, silver and black ones for some vintage gear I had .

SOld the extra ones, ( still was hesitant, kept thinking , back ups ) felt one for use and one for back up was more than enough....

A set of mechs came up that I really had wanted for years, and needed the money, and thought, I can sell my new back up , get the money, get the mechs , sell the mechs I did not want to keep and buy the M-class again , happy all around.

Went to the place I got the M-class and suddenly all but the white and red one were sold out, panicked , took the spare M-class off the market and felt relieved.

I would have freaked if suddenly the color I really loved was not available.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Well, i was afraid you guys would still think very highly of the older M class. Its a toss up between it and the Voopoo Newbie 80watt....About $30 more for a tried/true mod that is well built vs a new kid on the block and one their newest offering.

With all the newer fancy stuff out today, i still think its one of the best looking mods ever offered.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
It is a heavy little SOB, but its so nicely designed that it doesnt hurt my wrist or thumbs with either hand.
With so much plastic and alloys, ( nothing wrong with that) but I still in my head equate long life, ruggedness with solid metals.

The SX mini M-class and S-class are the equal of the Provari just a different.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Yes it seems uncommon but VaporDNA and a few others have them. No kits yet but they have just the mod.

BTW i noticed the "75watt 2.32" update and the "SX Pure 2.36" update. The 2.32 has a newer release date on Yihi's website. SXmini M Class-SXmini-Yihi Electronic Co.,ltd.

Is the older Software and driver (not firmware) going to be an issue with Win8.1 64bit? I can use a Win7 32bit also
For-SXmini-M-Class- SXi-Driver/Setup/software

Or should i use one of the other software packages for updating?

Also do i extract the rar file first into a folder. I assuming that is the case since its a rar and not a zip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread