Is Alien Visions Closing Or Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobaccovapelover

Aug 30, 2021
10 years or so ago, I really got hooked on Backwoods Brew ..

Backwoods Casablanca Blend

Backwoods Honey Flue Nut tobacco

Don't know if they are still around as I ended up vaping non-flavored nic or a light menthol that I make, but if memory serves, they were quite the spot back in the day .. sold out consistently ..
They've been gone for a long time. Many years. I still have some of their 30mm bottles sitting on my shelf.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

Tobaccovapelover

Aug 30, 2021
    How do you store it? Room temperature or refrigerated? How does it taste after say X number of months or years?
    It's just been sitting in a little box on a shelf, at room temperature,..I haven't tried any of them, for 5 years+, but maybe I should. I've got Bucko, Malty, and Virginia. All 24 mg. nicotine.
    I remember something about them getting a divorce, wasn't his name Don?
    Their RY4 was legendary from what I remember.
    I've never seen or heard of Backwood Blends. I haven't even looked at other juices for over 5 yrs. Have you ever ordered from them?

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I've never seen or heard of Backwood Blends. I haven't even looked at other juices for over 5 yrs. Have you ever ordered from them?
    I haven't. By the time she opened shop, I already moved on to DYI. Any online juice funds went to AVE. I probably wouldn't do business with her at this time due to the lack of response I've seen over the past couple of years. She had a forum here for a while, but you'll see she kind of drifted off.

Tobaccovapelover

Aug 30, 2021
    It's just been sitting in a little box on a shelf, at room temperature,..I haven't tried any of them, for 5 years+, but maybe I should. I've got Bucko, Malty, and Virginia. All 24 mg. nicotine.
    I remember something about them getting a divorce, wasn't his name Don?
    Their RY4 was legendary from what I remember.
    I just started vaping the "Backo", (it's not Bucko) this morning. The label reads Feb. 4, 2015. Feels like it has a strong nicotine content, definitely getting a nicotine buzz. Taste seems identical to what I remember it to be, pretty darn good. Just a bare bones tobacco flavor with a touch of sweetness. Impressive vapor cloud. I still drip the juice just as I was doing back then. Feels a little rough at the back of the throat after vaping it for about 3 hours. Wow, it's like stepping back in time. This is (was) a pretty darn good juice!

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    10 years or so ago, I really got hooked on Backwoods Brew ..

Backwoods Casablanca Blend

Backwoods Honey Flue Nut Tobacco

Don't know if they are still around as I ended up vaping non-flavored nic or a light menthol that I make, but if memory serves, they were quite the spot back in the day .. sold out consistently ..

When I started vaping those two flavors were incredible... I can remember buying Casablanca and having to let it steep for 4 weeks before it was bliss. I had just got my system for ordering it down pat when they suddenly closed shop. They also had an RY-4 that was incredible but I can't remember the name of it. You had to be on the laptop when they released it because it would sell out within the hour. Those were some good times.

Tobaccovapelover

Aug 30, 2021
    What's going to be the best tobacco for an all day vape now, if AVE is done for sure? I've DIYd for years, but nothing like real juice from a knowledgeable vendor. Who is the go to now? What are yall buying?
    I was pretty happy with Mom and Pops. But that was 5 years ago, just before I started vaping AV. Their Tobacco Blaze, Tobacco Praise, and Bud's Blend were all good. Looks like they're still around.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Are they still in business? The site comes up but I can't figure out a way to actually buy the product.
    It kinda seems they are, but their French and Canadian retailers sre out of stock. Didn't @Wookie1 say they'd give up the recipes once they went out of business?

• Optimistic
    Reactions: jifjifjif

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
    Oct 1, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    This is just part of my stash, I have more than double that in my deep freeze.
    View attachment 941379 View attachment 941381
    I hate you ;) I'm down to 2 120ML bottles for each of my 4 favorite Alien Visions juices! I've known Ben since I first came on here in 2009 when he went by the nickname of Porphy. I recall the early days of video chats and learning from all the OG vape folks. I remember when he first started his own E-Liquid business and I've been a regular customer ever since. I've had nothing but great business with his company over all of those years and his tobacco blends are ALL I VAPE! Flue Cured, 555, Blend 4 and Gamel are all in my rotation because I could never decide on any particular favorite. I know this ridiculous new vape mail ban has put a lot of shops through hell or closed them down. I also know that there is a process that they need to go through for official certification. I can only hope that that's the only hang-up and they will be back soon. I've tried emailing several times, but no reply has been received. This is a crushing blow for many of us who've been customers for years. I used to also buy from nHaler (RIP Drew), but eventually AVE became my sole source of e-juice. I've been off cigs for about 12 years now and only vape the 3MG juice. I'd go to zero but that's not possible with tobacco flavors and I've tried and gotten over all the sweet dessert stuff years ago. Sorry for the LONG rant, but I am getting a bit panicky after seeing the same website notice for months now :shock: Alien Visions...please don't give up the fight...YOU ROCK!!!

Tobaccovapelover

Aug 30, 2021
    Yep, she even started selling candles. Casablanca was never the same..
    I ordered 5 samplers from Backwood Blends 0n Aug. 31. They still haven't shown up. I tried calling,..no answer, no answering machine. I emailed them twice. "Mailbox full",..my message is still sitting in the outgoing box, undeliverable. I don't know what's going on with them. But they didn't seem to have a problem processing my payment. Big deal, it was only $20, but still...
    I'll give them about 5 more days then talk to my bank about a reimbursement.
    Maybe they're going through the same thing AVE is, shipping restraint issues, but their site is up and running and taking online orders.
    Just a heads up for anyone thinking about ordering from them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread