Is Alien Visions Closing Or Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
Yes, it did. I think it really started showing up between the week to two week mark.

I'm still researching an came across this "DIY Bible" from 2015 that's filled with clones.. I saw a recipe I've never seen before, do you have these flavors? And I wonder if Black Cigar (HS) is the same as Black Mile (SC) which I'm 99.999% sure is the base of Boba's.. You'll find this recipe on Page 32 of document which I left a link to at the bottom it has and it has around 350 clones in it from the 2010-2015 era.. I'm almost certain these exact receipes are not houses on ELR or ATF. Probably a good idea to save it in case the link dies.

4% Black Cigar (HS)
4% Ruscan Reserve (ECX)
4% Almond Amaretto (TPA)
1% Coconut (TFA)
1% Cinnmom (FA)
1% TA (MFS)
2 drops per mL. ACV

http://tuwr.net/~miscstuff/vape/ClonedEjuice.pdf

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I've been vaping Flavor 39 for years! Anyone know a recipe similar to that?
It's pretty much the same as Boba's, so what these guys have been working on will get you in the ballpark. I vaped 39 when they quit making Boba's. In fact, I think I still have a bottle in one of my freezers.

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
It's pretty much the same as Boba's, so what these guys have been working on will get you in the ballpark. I vaped 39 when they quit making Boba's. In fact, I think I still have a bottle in one of my freezers.

That's the same time I switched to 39. Eventually when Bobas came back I still went with 39.

Reactions: BNEAT

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
That's the same time I switched to 39. Eventually when Bobas came back I still went with 39.

I haven't tried Flavor 39 but my understanding is it's Boba's minus the flavor he had so much difficulty in getting. I'm going to guess it's Hangsen Magic Mix that he was having trouble sourcing. I'm vaping my own Boba's now and have been for almost two months daily and my guess is unless you are doing an A/B you wouldn't find much difference at all... 80% of Boba's flavor is Black Mile (SC) and its the other 20% people are really trying to get down.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well the domain now redirects to WW1 and the whois info says it is in on the snapnames namserver. This means the domain dropped and someone else snatched it up on snapnames. It is also no longer hosted on the shopping cart platform as there is no "down for maintenance" notice as there was when this thread was started (that notice was part of the shopping cart system). I think it may be safe to say that are officially dead.

Last edited:
    Reactions: BNEAT

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 22, 2011
    Florida
    I mixed another version yesterday. I'll try it after a week of steeping.
    Django Bounty 12%
    Magic Mixx 2%
    Old Captain 2%
    Smooth TFA 1%

It smells good.

Let me know how it comes out.. I seems like it's going to miss some sweetness though? Either way - it's gonna be good. I've tried almost that exact mix except I added Ethyl Maltol 2% and didn't use Smooth (don't have it).

Reactions: Skeebo

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I seems like it's going to miss some sweetness though?

I worry about that too. I can always add a sweetener if it seems far off...

I've tried almost that exact mix except I added Ethyl Maltol 2% and didn't use Smooth (don't have it).

I remember when I first tried Boba's Bounty in 2014 it had a very thick mouthfeel. That was my reason for adding smooth.. I thought it might help.

we shall see. How is your mix holding up?

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 22, 2011
    Florida
    I worry about that too. I can always add a sweetener if it seems far off...

I remember when I first tried Boba's Bounty in 2014 it had a very thick mouthfeel. That was my reason for adding smooth.. I thought it might help.

we shall see. How is your mix holding up?

I'm still vaping it daily in my rotation.. I did an alternative mix using Banana Nutbread/FW that gives me a very nice Gorilla Juice vibe.. I still have some work to do on it as it's missing the right amount of sweetness but I'm very happy w/ my BB "clone".

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Let me know how it comes out.. I seems like it's going to miss some sweetness though? Either way - it's gonna be good. I've tried almost that exact mix except I added Ethyl Maltol 2% and didn't use Smooth (don't have it).

It was definitely missing sweetness. I added 5 drops of molasses WF to see if it helps.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    I haven't tried Flavor 39 but my understanding is it's Boba's minus the flavor he had so much difficulty in getting. I'm going to guess it's Hangsen Magic Mix that he was having trouble sourcing. I'm vaping my own Boba's now and have been for almost two months daily and my guess is unless you are doing an A/B you wouldn't find much difference at all... 80% of Boba's flavor is Black Mile (SC) and its the other 20% people are really trying to get down.

Never found 39 to be to my liking making the 2xtobacco theory plausible to me. I've tried a multitude of variations with alternatives. So you're prolly right, yes; and 39 was also likely to be Boba's minus same.

There was some discussion a while back on the discontinued ingredient. Likely being a tobacco and/or an absolute from China and discontinued. As well, the likely vendor source. Trying to find in my bookmarks but many links are bad now. Anyone have a line on that thread (trail) let us know.

Clue: Who were the vendors at the time providing tobacco flavorings?

If it was a China sourced tobacco, we could certainly take a stab at more BM and close alternatives to it. I don't think it was since found or ventured elsewhere on ECF. Graham Cracker seems to be the 3rd as this was often mentioned, a short recipe as per the maker at one point.

Me, I got over the top with a 50/50 mix of Boba's and Gorilla Juice (with the latter in combination adding a fruity and toasty character reminiscent of sweet brown thinly sliced pan-fried plantains, not deep fried). So I'm eternally grateful. Loved the mix which got me permanently done on the stinkers.

Good luck all. :)

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    I made a blog post on how to reconstruct a dead ECF URL to make it work. How To Access Old Threads That "connot be found" | E-Cigarette Forum

If you can't make it work, or if you don't want to bother, just post the URL here and I'll reconstruct it for you.

Thanks Uncle. I had been through all that just on this very subject of Boba's some time ago. Couldn't recall how I'd done it to find those early discussions on the recipes. You know we're all short on time these days.

Good luck. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread