smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Are you saying AVE takes their site down a lot?

Even though they made some of the best tobaccos for a long time, they'd occasionally close their site or change recipes without notice. Most folks would give them a pass because when they were good, they were excellent.

Is that good or bad?
    Depends on if you like munching on the end of a Marlboro. I did it on a dare once, wasn't great. My year old bottle of BN Virginia is about 2/3 gone only because I felt committed to it after shelling out whatever it was to get it. I mostly use it to top off whatever tobacco I'm about to run out of. It's a coil gunker, for sure. But, so is/was AVE.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    For several weeks leading up to the ban I sent emails and called and left voice messages to find out what their situation was and if they were still in business, but they never responded to anything. So I made a ~$900 order just to see what would happen. Order went through and I received it a few days later. Surprisingly, they made a few mistakes on the order (and I forgot to use my $100 Rewards points) so I made another small order (to get my $100 Rewards) plus I explained their mistakes in the Order Comments. They made it right and shipped it the next day, but no correspondences from them what-so-ever.

The worst part about this story is a couple of days later (April 22) they announced their 35% off Spring 2021 Sale!!!

Not a very nice way to treat a customer who has purchased over TWENTY-FIVE LITERS of e-juice over the 8 years I've been doing business with them!

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    They were having trademark issues, in court for years, maybe they lost the right to their name.
    That's another example, and they didn't seem to care. I think those other guys were calling themselves Alien Vision (without the S). From what I read from those who were tricked, their juice was rancid.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Screenshot_2021-05-10-11-20-12.png

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    They've been pretty solid the last couple of years, but this kind of crap used to be the norm for them. I wish I would've kept records of my purchases because they never transferred customer transactions from one version of their site to the next, and it seemed like they were down more often than they were up. Weird business model to say the least...but they sure make good juice!
    Typical. I predict they'll be back.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
    Jun 16, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I bought that one, too. Just like biting the end of a Marlboro.

Which is what I want...LOL

I vape at only 5 watts (single 30 AWG 1.5mm 5 wraps on a kayfun lite [plus]) and just want it to be as close to a cigarette as possible. It took me a long time to find that AVE Flue Cured. This BN Virginia tastes pretty close to that. I have only been vaping it for a day though.

I have tried a few other tobacco flavors and they all seem to have a sweet taste which I'm not a big fan of. Feels like I am inhaling sugar...hahaha

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I have tried a few other tobacco flavors and they all seem to have a sweet taste which I'm not a big fan of. Feels like I am inhaling sugar...hahaha
    I totally get it. Lots of folks are big fans. I finally settled on Hangsen USA Red Mix for my DIY, only now to find out they might have closed shop.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    10 years or so ago, I really got hooked on Backwoods Brew ..

Backwoods Casablanca Blend

Backwoods Honey Flue Nut Tobacco

Don't know if they are still around as I ended up vaping non-flavored nic or a light menthol that I make, but if memory serves, they were quite the spot back in the day .. sold out consistently ..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread