Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Interesting. If this bill were to pass, Illinois would consider THC oil to be a tobacco product.

BTW - That could be a Stumbling Point in the current Bill. And something that I wouldn't be surprised if it was Struck via a Floor Amendment.

Reactions: WorksForMe

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
I'm just wondering when they are going to ban cocktails since they think fruit flavors only appeal go kids.

Ate states where week is sold going to ban edibles? Obviously the cookies and brownies are targeting kids.

Do classic pipe tobaccos like cherry and vanilla Cavendish count as fruit or tobacco flavors?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
BTW - That could be a Stumbling Point in the current Bill. And something that I wouldn't be surprised if it was Strtuck via a Floor Amendment.

I was going to ask what THC oil has to do with a flavor ban. I didn't think it came in flavors, but a quick Google search told me I was wrong.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
ip3iQek.jpg

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Well I filled out a CASAA protest form and Dickie said this:
" While e-cigarette companies claim their products are solely made to help adults quit traditional cigarettes, only three percent of adults are using e-cigarettes. At the same time, twelve percent of kids are using them. A recent study from Dartmouth College found that e-cigarette use leads to 81 times more new smokers than quitters.

In March, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Scott Gottlieb announced important steps to curb youth e-cigarette use. The draft guidance would limit sales of fruity and kid-friendly vaping products to minors by requiring that stores set apart these products to areas off-limits to anyone under 18 years of age. The guidance also directs online sellers to tighten age verification and curb bulk sales. If companies violate these conditions, they would then be subject to FDA enforcement actions, including having their products pulled off the market. "
Notice the words curb and 3%. Good grief.
Tammy's take:
"As you know, electronic nicotine delivery systems, such as e-cigarettes, combine nicotine and other chemicals for the purpose of smoking."
Some individuals argue that e-cigarettes are an effective alternative to traditional cigarettes and varying forms of smoking cessation by allowing them to customize levels of chemicals such as nicotine. However, there is currently an absence of definitive evidence demonstrating that e-cigarettes are effective for smoking cessation. Based on existing scientific research, public health experts continue to warn that nicotine addiction may still result from using e-cigarettes.

The SAFE Kids Act would restrict flavored e-cigarettes and ban all flavored cigars. Companies that wish to continue selling flavored e-cigarettes would have one year to submit required criteria and be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. To receive market approval, companies would need to provide scientific evidence that their flavored product does not entice minors to begin smoking, is an effective form of adult smoking cessation and that the flavored product is not more harmful than if it were than non-flavored. Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois introduced this legislation on March 5, 2019, and it was referred to the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread