Is it enough throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justice92786

Mar 1, 2013
Southern California
Noob here. I have been lurking the ECF in search of a PV that will hopefully get me to kick the analogs for good. I feel like I may have found the right one in the eGo cE4 from High Desert Vapes but one of my biggest concerns is throat hit. I need to really feel like I am inhaling something, would I get that throat hit from this PV? Also any suggestions on what juices are a good choice from High Desert Vapes would be cool. Or if there is a better supplier where I would get a PV with a more sufficient throat hit please let me know. All feedback and opinons are appreciated.

Last edited:

BlackPurple

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Malaysia
Throat hit basically came from juices (nicotine level)..higher the nicotine on juice,harder the throat hit..n juices choice is very subjective,its depends on everybody taste..
About PV,ego is good device for noobs..BUT if u want more satisfy,get a vv mod PV such as vamo,lavatube,evic,vmax,zmax,bla bla bla...u can adjust the voltage up and down whenever u need it depends on resistance of ur tank/carto/clearo..
Hope this help u :)

Uncle Sam

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
N. Cali Sierras
Generally, the throat hit is a function of the juice itself, not the device. Unless you have a variable voltage devie, the power output to the atomizer will be around 7 watts - which is plenty.

Higher nic or juice with some VG added to the PG will produce the good hit feeling and a nice cloud. You must experiement with different juices to find what you like.

Personally, I have not had any juice that contained nicotine NOT have a decent throat hit and I used a eGoT 1000mAH device with some Kanger T3 tanks.

Good stuff

Welcome to the club and VAPE ON!!

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
Like Uncle Sam said...a ego t 1000mah battery...kanger t3 got me through as far as a device is concerned. As far as Juice I have tried at least 100 different kinds. The 1 that finally satisfied my throat hit and flavor, was wordupecigs " American spirit" 80/20 pg/vg 18mg.

For me that was plenty of enough nicotine. Mind you I smoked full flavor analogs for 22 years. In my opinion, Verdi Juice have the best throat hit out there. Good luck!

justice92786

Mar 1, 2013
Southern California
Very good to know. I tried vaping a few years back (without the knowledge ecf ) and failed miserably cause it felt like I was sucking air through a straw. I was under the impression it was jus the device I had chosen. As far as the apvs go I feel like I would be in over my head having very little experience with vaping. Which is why I think I need to keep it basic as I'm starting out. Thank you all for your helpfulness, im very appreciative.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi justice92786 and welcome to ECF. The eGo will suffice in regards to TH.

Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like- many of us believe it to be a throat irritant.
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick.
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG
The Best of Luck.

Edit: I forgot.....

Welcome Back :thumbs:

Last edited:

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
What they say about throat hit coming from the liquid: ditto.

And to add my own :2c: : There wouldn't be tens or hundreds of thousands of people who have tried unsuccessfully quitting through every other means, and then found success in PVs if they didn't work and provide the sensations they were looking for, including throat hit and feeling the inhale.

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
justice92786:8848466 said:
Again totally noob here, so correct if I'm wrong, but from what I'm understanding a tank replaces a cartomizer? Is that correct? Which requires you to get an attomizer seperately?
actually a cartomzer goes inside of the tank. Its what heats the juice. A coil head, is what goes inside a clearomizer. Being a noob, I would highly recommend a clearomizer ( like a kanger t3) to begin with. In my opinion they are much easier to use. Weather you use a tent or clearomizer, eventually the cartomizer or coil head will have to be replaced.

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
time2quit:8848928 said:
justice92786:8848466 said:
Again totally noob here, so correct if I'm wrong, but from what I'm understanding a tank replaces a cartomizer? Is that correct? Which requires you to get an attomizer seperately?
actually a cartomzer goes inside of the tank. Its what heats the juice. A coil head, is what goes inside a clearomizer. Being a noob, I would highly recommend a clearomizer ( like a kanger t3) to begin with. In my opinion they are much easier to use. Weather you use a tent or clearomizer, eventually the cartomizer or coil head will have to be replaced.
meant to say "tank" not tent! Lol

Noob here. I have been lurking the ECF in search of a PV that will hopefully get me to kick the analogs for good. I feel like I may have found the right one in the eGo cE4 from High Desert Vapes but one of my biggest concerns is throat hit. I need to really feel like I am inhaling something, would I get that throat hit from this PV? Also any suggestions on what juices are a good choice from High Desert Vapes would be cool. Or if there is a better supplier where I would get a PV with a more sufficient throat hit please let me know. All feedback and opinons are appreciated.

Although a good th is said to be down to nic level and pg i am satisfied with using 100% vg with a high nic level. And in my experience i have found that flavour too can play a big part in a good th. Menthol delivers in this department really well and is quite popular. I have found other flavours that deliver. One i am using at the moment "pear" seems to have a hint of lemon gives a great th. I had another called "belgian waffle" that tasted like burnt caramel, which i liked, also gave a great throat hit. There have been others. I still search for decent flavours that can deliver and i enjoy looking for them. And the hardware i am using is just a spinner and a T3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread