Is it impossible to get a Penelope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alongo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Protem, Missouri
How hard is it to get a Penelope. I have several griffins and a cobra and my old arthritic hands just can't get the stainless steel mesh and wrapping the coil right. I don't mind silica which which I have tried in both but the results are not good. I am thinking a Penelope would be the answer. Thanks, Al

Last edited:

artt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
michigan
You can get on the notify list at Clouds of Vapor or purchase off the classifieds. With a extra tank and ceramic, the Penelope I purchased off the classy's wasn't much more than retail price. For me it was money well spent, much easier than slotting and filling cartos. Having said this, be sure to check some youtube reviews to check on setting them up. If you have some trouble with arthritis the videos can show you the different parts and if it looks like a viable alternative for you.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
to be honest, i had a penelope for months, i also own a few genesis attys and imo the genesis attys blow the penelope away in performance. also i find the penelope harder to work on then my gennys. to bind resistance and non-resistance wires together is harder than putting together mesh. and you still need to wrap a coil with the penelope. the penelope is so small with all its parts compared to a genny. i suppose if you can find the ready made wires for the pen it would be easier, but finding those are not easy as well.i actually got rid of my pen, much prefer my real did's. i just think the small stature of the pen makes it more difficult to work on then a genny. good luck

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
there are a couple Penelopes in the classies right now, one is in the beautiful brushed finish. It will be made again, ( allegedly) but not till the beginning of next year. I dont know, but for me the build is so easy. I just watched a few videos on youtube. Its easier than the Vivi nova or the Phoenix RA. Once you get the hang of twisting the wires a couple times, its a piece of cake. I have problems with my hands and fingers and I can do it know in less than 10 mins. look for videos by Bishopheals and Scott on youtube. Dont let all the pieces scare you off, you wont have to take it apart the most part, just the basic parts and its easy to clean.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
there are a couple Penelopes in the classies right now, one is in the beautiful brushed finish. It will be made again, ( allegedly) but not till the beginning of next year. I dont know, but for me the build is so easy. I just watched a few videos on youtube. Its easier than the Vivi nova or the Phoenix RA. Once you get the hang of twisting the wires a couple times, its a piece of cake. I have problems with my hands and fingers and I can do it know in less than 10 mins. look for videos by Bishopheals and Scott on youtube. Dont let all the pieces scare you off, you wont have to take it apart the most part, just the basic parts and its easy to clean.

I agree, once you get the hang of twisting the wires together without them pulling apart - its easy. Also one can buy an Odyss drip mode top and screw that on Penelope base and turn it into a small dripper.

Alongo - here is Odys drip mode - Along side it is standard Penelope. You can put drip mode top on penelope base

006.jpg

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
How hard is it to get a Penelope. I have several griffins and a cobra and my old arthritic hands just can't get the stainless steel mesh and wrapping the coil right. I don't mind silica which which I have tried in both but the results are not good. I am thinking a Penelope would be the answer. Thanks, Al

There is a few Penelopes on the ECF classifieds right now.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Hello Dspin, those are beautiful, are those the GG slim? not more to say, but they are just perfection. I hear you are the GG polishing master and I can see why. I must hit you up one day to find out how I can get my previously owned Odysseus to mint condition.

They are the new GGTB's that Imeo made this yr. Stay away from the 1st run of SS GGTB - chamber too small, stickers from batts need to be removed. 2nd run of SS GGTB TMF and the Brass are perfect.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Funny thing is I've been wanting to try out a Spheroid, even offered urq a Penelope for his. Why don't you buy his Spheroid and try it out, then we can swap. After you've tried them both you can keep the one you prefer. I've got extra ceramics, wick and wire and I think I've even got an oring kit of two for it. This is a serious offer so give it some thought. I'd buy his atty outright if it wasn't for hunting and holiday seasons. PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread