Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some great advice from this forum as a fairly new recruit, but I'm beginning to wonder about something.
When I vape I have an expectation which as yet hasn't actually happened. I expect to inhale and taste a wonderfully smooth vape that's soft on the throat and is true to the taste of whatever juice I'm vaping. So if its strawberry it should taste like mouthwatering strawberries. (and i know some juices are good and bad, but stick with me here)

Instead I take a vape and have minimal sensation of the sweet flavour i expect and a harshness to the back of my throat that sometimes makes me cough…like a small choke.

Now Im vaping 70/30 VG, before it was higer PG, use 18mg nic and have heaps and heaps of ejuices for my Kanger evod on a 510 battery. Sometimes I add more vg to try and get a smoother vape.
Also despite heaps of water, by the end of the day anything i tape tastes dry.

I was looking into getting a Variable but am a bit nervous now in case I feel no taste or smoothness improvement and waste my money. Im in Oz so it takes a couple of weeks to receive orders so I want to make sure the next order i place includes ideas you guys may have for me?????
I hope!!!.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
yes, cleaning or changing your coils can do wonders...also, changing flavors thru-out the day can help too....if I vape too much of one flavor in a day, eventually it'll taste like cardboard. I always have 2-4 flavors with me at work....and more at home, because I tire (and my taste buds) of any flavors I vape for too long.
I noticed more PG = harder TH
I do not like TH....so I switch to PG all the way (or as 'way' as possible, I think most flavors are PG).
I've started making my own juices and didn't even purchase any PG, and even the Nic base is VG.

I hope any of this helps, continue with the hydrating thing and experimentation (just relaying and informing what worked for me)

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
The dry hit doesn't have anything to do with your battery. You can control the vape to a certain extent with VV and I'd definitely recommend getting one - I use an Ego V V3 which is VV/VW and not expensive and I love it, but I think the problem here is your EVODs.

I started off on EVOD's and they can be very dry. I moved on to mini protank 2 and the difference is night and day. Before I bought mini protank 2 backups I was switching with the EVODs and they tasted really dry compared to the mp2 so I would look at trying a glass clearo first (or in addition to a VV device).

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted.

stylezuk

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
yes, cleaning or changing your coils can do wonders...also, changing flavors thru-out the day can help too....if I vape too much of one flavor in a day, eventually it'll taste like cardboard. I always have 2-4 flavors with me at work....and more at home, because I tire (and my taste buds) of any flavors I vape for too long.
I noticed more PG = harder TH
I do not like TH....so I switch to PG all the way (or as 'way' as possible, I think most flavors are PG).
I've started making my own juices and didn't even purchase any PG, and even the Nic base is VG.

I hope any of this helps, continue with the hydrating thing and experimentation (just relaying and informing what worked for me)

Very good info as I'm same switch between about 3 flavours and go as much VG as possible to stop TH also like the plumes lol :) Drinking is a very important factor since vape'n dehydrates.

Also cleaning of equipment is essential and not just for taste but also for stopping nasties as bug build up, my drip tips get cleaned every day and my tanks/coils about every 3-4 days depending on what been smoking.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
For your Kanger - what resistance coils do you have? If the batteries are fixed voltage the only way you can tweak your experience is by changing the resistance of the coils. Personally I don't like any of the Kanger 1.8 ohm coils. They just get too hot, too fast even at the lowest voltage. It can give you a harsh experience and vape right past the flavor in some of your liquids. You may want to try 2.2 ohm coils if you are currently using any resistance lower than that.

Well all of this info is amazing thank you.
I use a bottom coil kanger evod, 1.8ohm, I clean and dry burn after every 2 tanks, although thats hard to monitor as I change tanks frequently to change flavour. When i clean I also dry burn.
My battery is 1100mah standard ego or evod and I'm on 18mg nic coz I still crave cigs.
I drink heaps of water too so it seems Im not doing too much wrong other than trying a 2.2ohm coil or going to a VV OR making my own juice…which scares me coz I have not looked into it.

If I change my wick setup does that mean i need to change my clearo…I'm using evods and they recommend 1.8ohm.? Its obviously possible to enjoy my vaping more than i am now???

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
oh and if i go Variable, whats the recommended starting level…3volt/watt?

I run my Kangers at around 4.3. If I crank it up to 4.8 or 5, it burns too quickly, and if I chain vape, I'll get that burned taste after about 5 hits. Depends on the juice - some you can run hotter and they're fine, some burn at a low lower. That's one of the ideas of a variable, you can adjust it according to what you're using. When you get the device, load it up with your favorite juice, who's flavor and performance you're familiar with, and start vaping it while bumping up the power, and see what results you get. There's a chart around here somewhere that shows you what watts are recommended at different ohms, too, I'd link it if I knew where it lived, maybe someone else can.

You may lose some vapor at lower power levels, too - upping your juice to a 60/40 or 50/50 mix can help there. I do a 50/50 on my Kanger tanks, and they put out plenty of vapor, I really didn't like how little 70/30 gave me (the first couple of bottles I bought were 70/30.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I've got some great advice from this forum as a fairly new recruit, but I'm beginning to wonder about something.
When I vape I have an expectation which as yet hasn't actually happened. I expect to inhale and taste a wonderfully smooth vape that's soft on the throat and is true to the taste of whatever juice I'm vaping. So if its strawberry it should taste like mouthwatering strawberries. (and i know some juices are good and bad, but stick with me here)

Instead I take a vape and have minimal sensation of the sweet flavour i expect and a harshness to the back of my throat that sometimes makes me cough…like a small choke.

Now Im vaping 70/30 VG, before it was higer PG, use 18mg nic and have heaps and heaps of ejuices for my Kanger evod on a 510 battery. Sometimes I add more vg to try and get a smoother vape.

I was looking into getting a Variable but am a bit nervous now in case I feel no taste or smoothness improvement and waste my money. Im in Oz so it takes a couple of weeks to receive orders so I want to make sure the next order i place includes ideas you guys may have for me?????
I hope!!!.

One word: NicoTicket. Try their juices. Best I have vaped and very true to flavor. Limited selection but what is there is supreme.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Another vote for trying cotton wicks, in whatever coil platform you happen to have.

You might have to change the wicks more often, but it does give a softer kind of throat hit and from what I can tell is far less prone to 'cooking/sizzling' the liquid.

If you don't want to try winding your own coils just yet, at least try laying a small cotton flavor wick over your stock stuff and wetting it good with eLiquid.

CGlassford

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
I use evods on a ego battery too. I actually use 2.5 coils (they came with 1.8) My juice is mostly vg.

Bucky's bargain vaping has the best price and fastest shipping I have found for replacement coils.

I would suggest, before spending more money on an "unkown", is research vaping technique. It could just be that you are pulling too fast and/or too hard or inhaling straight from the pull.

I'm only saying this cuz it sounds like you are going thru exactly what I did before making a few changes in my technique and coil ohms. :)

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
You can buy Evod coils at either 1.8 or 2.2 ohms...just make sure that they give you an option where you buy them. I get mine from Altsmoke but there may be less $$ places to get them. Also make sure you separate the LR from the SR because they aren't marked and you can easily mix them up.

They are marked with ohms, very faint gold print at the bottom of the head (side on), took me a while to spot it. I have some 1.8 and 2.5, prefer the 2.5. Lowering nic helps, I find 18mg very harsh 14mg is much better also have some 12mg,10mg and 8mg. I tend to use lower nic on a evening when most in use and go higher during the day when I'm craving :)

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark

I hope!!!.

Sounds like youre quite new to vaping (so am i, i guess) but i know when i started vaping i was going nuts, i choked in the morning and the vape was hard on my throat the entire day, not to mention the taste or actually the lack of it (besides the molten lego taste)... I used to vape store liquids on ce4's and vivi novas on a ego type battery... When i got a vamo and a protank it all changed there was taste!... Not alot but some... Then i made my own liquids with 15+% flavorings... Much more taste... Now i use a mech with Rda's... Cotton bedded setups and the flavor is amazing!, and with pure vg juices its oh so smooth!

Try getting yourself the mini rda from fasttech... Its only 4$ but it works on egos so you can experience the change in flavors there is with that kind of delivery devices... Its worth 4$...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread