Is the 801 becoming passé?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sealed manual switch battery for the 801? Other than the (expensive) Janty Kissbox (and that's an add-on, not built into the battery, right?), I've not heard of any.

Tell us more.

BTW, I don't mind the auto switch on my 801. It's not the kind that goes off at the slightest noise. Just a brief primer puff instead of a switch press. The unsealed battery is, of course, a weak point.

Don--EASTMALL just released the manual battery for the 901 yesterday with the 801 coming soon. Very cheap I might add.

Sun

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
And I know Zofyer (sp?) swears by EastCig.

BTW, Zof, inscribed on the battery end of my "801" atomizer from Ruyans is: "SLB BE" plus something in very small letters I can't read. Does that "BE" mean that it is a BE112 that you praise so much?

Nope, definitely not a be112 from ruyan direct. And honestly, the only things BestEcig has right now that interests me are BE112 atomizers and matching carts. Their juice is decent at a great price, but honestly, the only juice they have that I know I'll order again is their "Cream" because it tastes exactly like coffee creamer, so perfect for coffee/mint/chocolate blends.

After becoming a dripper briefly after getting my Prodigy, I can honestly say the BE112 isn't significantly better than any other 801 atomizer from a pure vapor production or flavor standpoint. I'd actually say my Janty Classic (TAWA) is the best dripper I have now.

So why the BE112 then?

The cartridge to atomizer fit with the BE112 and it's vendor sold blanks is better than any other atomizer/cart fit on the market. That makes an enormous difference if you are a cart user, which I am again. Even with the Prodigy, all three PT's I use, and my monsterous dual BE112 atomizer 6v ErgoLump mod. I haven't gotten juice in my mouth in weeks. I guess you could say I'm not an 801 user anymore. I'm a BE112 user almost exclusively.

EDIT: One caveat. If you have a Janty Stick, and you are a dripper, you REALLY need to get M201's for dripping. They are phenomenal and work great because of the proprietary Janty atomizer connector. I wish to God I could get M201's working on my Prodigy, they are that good.

Last edited:

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
BE means that it's a Best E-Cig product, which is currently, the BE112 801 atomizer.

I have close to 100 be112 atomizers from BestEcig, and every single one I pick up is completely unmarked. I don't think the BE means anything. And if purchased from Ruyan Direct, it's probably a generic high-bridge dse801.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Does anyone have a pic of the 801 atty???Are they all "high" bridge atty's..Just curious I have a m201 which I love but parts and suppliers for them are few. Any suggestions?

I just did a Google search for 801 atomizer pictures. I couldn't find any of the interior. Just of the exterior, like this one from the PureSmoker site:
CLSATOM801-2.jpg

Zofryer is the M201 (and BE112) expert, at least of the contributors to this thread. I'm pretty sure that he would tell you that M201 parts are not compatible with DSE801/BE112/RN4072 (all of which are compatible with each other). According to Techno, the M201 atomizer works with the Janty Stick.

A search for M201 in the Supporting Supplier forum shows that:
Happy vaping!

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
Naw, I'm no expert. Just know what I use and what I like. If *I* were a M201 user that needed automatic batteries or other parts, I'd order from either Shawn at Litecig or MidWestVapor, with a nod towards MWV because the FDA and Customs really screwed them over, and it would help them out. However, if you don't mind manual, or if you desire manual button....

Janty Stick + M201 is just such a fantastic combo for drippers. If I was a dripper, and I needed small/portable/battery-life/awesome, it's all I'd use. As it stands, I was completely ruined by high voltage vapor and the Stick just doesn't *do it* for me anymore. I'd caution anyone to hold off on high voltage mods and devices if you are already happy. It's wildly addictive and there really is no going back once you open that door.

gpdo24

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
New York, New York
Naw, I'm no expert. Just know what I use and what I like. If *I* were a M201 user that needed automatic batteries or other parts, I'd order from either Shawn at Litecig or MidWestVapor, with a nod towards MWV because the FDA and Customs really screwed them over, and it would help them out. However, if you don't mind manual, or if you desire manual button....

Janty Stick + M201 is just such a fantastic combo for drippers. If I was a dripper, and I needed small/portable/battery-life/awesome, it's all I'd use. As it stands, I was completely ruined by high voltage vapor and the Stick just doesn't *do it* for me anymore. I'd caution anyone to hold off on high voltage mods and devices if you are already happy. It's wildly addictive and there really is no going back once you open that door.

On my JSv2 the 201 atomizer leaves me a very tight pull and no vape? On the 201 battery a sweet hard hitting 'contrast'. Any v2 users finding 201 working with the new stick?
Mike

FRESH

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
I still love the 801. It is my morning vape. Because of the smooth, cool hit, it is just what I want in the mornings. Later on in the day I switch to something harder hitting, but the 801 will likely always be a part of my daily ritual. The only think I hate is the manual battery that I have to constantly tap to keep it firing right. If they are in fact getting ready to release a manual battery for the 801, I'm set!

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com

trs-80

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Pensacola FL (Beulah)
I work in government offices and schools so I wanted a larger smoke to catch up after an hour or two without a smoke. I use only slb attys and batts to insure a good match. I read the low bridge ruyan run hotter for better vape production but burn out faster so bought the slb instead of njoy etc. My batts last about a month (auto) by keeping them thread down after using, the juice can muck up the switch. I would like to try 8084 for at home and about in car etc, but at work I need the bigger smoke and carts. I carry one small bottle in my truck but keep it out of site for fear of looking like a illegal drug user.

esmok'n

Dec 18, 2009
Texas
Seems l struck a nerve with this thread (and how I titled it). Good! This is too good a device (modified with more powerful batteries or otherwise) to let fall by the wayside.

I'm now using my Blackberry to make this post so I can't view many of the postings here as I type. I hope you don't mind if I post several smaller notes in dialogue with various points that have been made.

siamama, glad you found a US supplier for those batts. It appears that you've been using a PV for a while, but are an ECF newbie. Welcome! This is the place to be for: good fellowship, knowledgable information and opinion, and access to *good* suppliers. I always check someone out before putting down hard cash, but the supporting suppliers here meet the Reagan standard: "Trust, then verify." I haven't dealt with a lemon yet.

And don't ignore the Chinese (who came up with all this in the first place and sustain most of it). I just got some great stuff unbelievably fast from Ruyan Direct. And I know Zofyer (sp?) swears by EastCig.

BTW, Zof, inscribed on the battery end of my "801" atomizer from Ruyans is: "SLB BE" plus something in very small letters I can't read. Does that "BE" mean that it is a BE112 that you praise so much?

While I'm at it, there is nothing inscribed on the fairly mediocre "801" atomizer (part of a 5-pack) I received from Totally Wicked. Does anyone know what *that* means?

Thanks all!
Don, I beleive the "SLB" stands for Shenzen Sailebao Technology. At least that's what I found when I googled it.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Don, I beleive the "SLB" stands for Shenzen Sailebao Technology. At least that's what I found when I googled it.
Yeah, I now know. Check the date of my thread-starting post. I've learned a bit since then.:D

My comment to you is entirely off-topic. But, as the OP, I guess that's my privilege, huh?

I remember and even earlier version of the TRS-80, using tape cassette storage!

Yes ... I am that old.:)

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Old thread I see, but still alive. I quit smoking in one week with an 801. Nearly 50 years, 2-packs a day at the end. Didn't want to quit, wanted to save some $$. What a surprise! Never looked back. I have converted a few smokers along the way. :)

I drifted away from my 801 for a while while I had affairs with the 401 and K8 but I've come back and wow, forgot how good the 801 really is. I don't think it will ever be passe. My next step is a Mod, of course, with 801 attys!

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Old thread I see, but still alive. I quit smoking in one week with an 801. Nearly 50 years, 2-packs a day at the end. Didn't want to quit, wanted to save some $$. What a surprise! Never looked back. I have converted a few smokers along the way. :)

I drifted away from my 801 for a while while I had affairs with the 401 and K8 but I've come back and wow, forgot how good the 801 really is. I don't think it will ever be passe. My next step is a Mod, of course, with 801 attys!
Yep. The penstyle is my favorite atty. [I do love the vapor production of the 510, but I get no TH from it.]

I've been having affairs with the Joye302, BE112, and M201 during the past few months, but I've got a couple DSE801s coming in to re-experience the original.

You mention the Kr8. I don't like the taste of the cartomizers, but I love the Kr8 battery (automatic). I use it with a penstyle atty (with adapter, e.g., from GoodProphets). Officially, it is the same 3.7V and 280 mAh as the penstyle atty, but I find it to be more effective. [BTW: If you have found a good penstyle manual battery (e.g., like the 510), please let me know.]

Suggestion on a mod: If you've been pretty happy with the unaltered 801, don't necessarily leap to 5V or 6V. I found that the 5V Prodigy V1 (with 801 atty) hit me too hard. My next mod will be a high mAh 3.7V – not only to minimize battery recharging, but also to prolong the 4.2V output, which may be my personal "sweet spot."

Also, think about the positioning of the button. I was very comfortable with that of the Prodigy (for pressing with the thumb or index finger). I'm having trouble visualizing using my pinky or ring finger (or teeth for the Copper). So I'm looking at Silver Bullet, BB, Protege, Chuck, eGO/Tornado (not really a "mod"), etc. ... rather than XHALER, Super-Six, GG, or SparkPlug.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Also, think about the positioning of the button. I was very comfortable with that of the Prodigy (for pressing with the thumb or index finger). I'm having trouble visualizing using my pinky or ring finger (or teeth for the Copper). So I'm looking at Silver Bullet, BB, Protege, Chuck, eGO/Tornado (not really a "mod"), etc. ... rather than XHALER, Super-Six, GG, or SparkPlug.

I thought I might have a problem with the "end" switch on the Super 6 too, Don. Two drags into it, it was as normal as can be -- especially considering that the tension and button travel are completely customizable to specific user. And, as a fellow 801 guy, I have to tell you that being in complete control of the air flow via an adjustment screw is not to be underscored. The fact the switch is completely mechanical (and as simple as could be) speaks to its reliability.

Due to their size, it's second nature to place one's pinkie on the end of a mod anyway. It might as well contribute to the cause. LOL

I also have an eGo (the device not the personality flaw). It is an outstanding device as well but with none of the adjustment features of the S6. Janty hit a homerun with this one. But, as you know, it's a 510 which offers a nice TH but there is a loss of flavor as compared to the 801. Bottom line, don't let the end switch of the S6 be THE determining factor in your purchase, it is completely inconsequential. In fact, I enjoy it. OTOH, the eGo works as advertised. Believe all the lauding it has received. I really like them both albeit, for different reasons...

(somebody should write a guide on how to buy and use these darned things -- oh wait -- never mind) <g>

JRWReich

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
Colorado Springs CO, USA
I haven't owned anything but 510's. Started with the Joye's. Then moved up to the Prodigy V2 with a 510 adapter. Kept the Joye's for the car ride to and from work. I just ordered a Super 6. After a lot of thought I decided to stay with the 510 on that too.

I have been hearing quite a few things about the BE112... and from people I kinda look up to (Usually Modders or PV creators). So I decided that as soon as Puresmoker gets those atty's in, I am going to buy the 801 adapter for my Prodigy and give those a whirl. It will be my first "new thing" in a while, lol.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
My first 801 was DSE801 from Awesome Vapor and then Heaven-Gifts. My 3rd batch came from East Mall and there's a big difference I noticed right away. I prefer the batts and attys (4-hole low bridge) from East Mall. Their batts do not have that silly recessed button that I have pushed into and under the hole too many times (irritating little boogers), but an easy glide button that has an almost "tactile" feel to it.

I had ordered a mod from one of the approved suppliers on this forum but sent it back. It just didn't "feel" right. I'm going with the EM Indulgence as soon as they reopen their shop after the holidays. You get sooo much for so little. It's very, very appealing. Looks darn good too! I will order their HV 801 attys for this unit as well.

val

Dec 19, 2009
TX
Hello 801 Vapers:

I'm new to this atty and dripping, < a week.
I find it a good middle of the road between my 901 and 510.
I'm using a 5V wall adapter and PT at home with an 2 hole adapter.

So here come the questions: :)
1.- What is high/low bridge ?
2.- What is the difference with number of holes?
3.- Should I order carts, does it improve the flavor?
4.- What is the best dropper tool you have found?

TIA
Val

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread