Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I thought I might have a problem with the "end" switch on the Super 6 too, Don. Two drags into it, it was as normal as can be -- especially considering that the tension and button travel are completely customizable to specific user. And, as a fellow 801 guy, I have to tell you that being in complete control of the air flow via an adjustment screw is not to be underscored. The fact the switch is completely mechanical (and as simple as could be) speaks to its reliability.

Due to their size, it's second nature to place one's pinkie on the end of a mod anyway. It might as well contribute to the cause. LOL

I also have an eGo (the device not the personality flaw). It is an outstanding device as well but with none of the adjustment features of the S6. Janty hit a homerun with this one. But, as you know, it's a 510 which offers a nice TH but there is a loss of flavor as compared to the 801. Bottom line, don't let the end switch of the S6 be THE determining factor in your purchase, it is completely inconsequential. In fact, I enjoy it. OTOH, the eGo works as advertised. Believe all the lauding it has received. I really like them both albeit, for different reasons...

(somebody should write a guide on how to buy and use these darned things -- oh wait -- never mind) <g>
Richie, thank you so much for your targeted, thoughtful, and well-written response to the issues I raised!:thumb: Sorry that I haven't visited this thread for a week to acknowledge your post more promptly.:(

Living predominantly on a fixed income these days, I'll be able to obtain the pricey Super-Six only if Thad commissions me to write an illustrated guide for it.

And thanks for the compliment built into that end-statement!:D

FYI, I do not regard a healthy ego (aka self-esteem) to be a character flaw. It is both a necessity for mental health and the fountainhead (literary reference deliberate) of creativity, e.g., such things as Super-Sixes and eGOs.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Hello 801 Vapers:

I'm new to this atty and dripping, < a week.
I find it a good middle of the road between my 901 and 510.
I'm using a 5V wall adapter and PT at home with an 2 hole adapter.

So here come the questions: :)
1.- What is high/low bridge ?
2.- What is the difference with number of holes?
3.- Should I order carts, does it improve the flavor?
4.- What is the best dropper tool you have found?

TIA
Val
Val, I hope others will respond to your questions as well. Here are my thoughts:

1. The photo below shows a low-bridge vs. high-bridge DSE901. Same thing in a penstyle, but the bridge is inside a longer tube. Cart users say that the low-bridge connects with the cartridge filling better. I wouldn't know.

dondaboomvape-albums-pictures-used-posts-picture2648-low-bridge-high-bridge-901-atomizers.jpg

2. Four holes provides more airflow, making for an easier draw, although not necessarily a better vaping experience. BTW, the Joye302 has two large holes which work very well.

3. I think carts are less effective than dripping ... and a pain in the toochis. They are intended to enable vaping for a more extended period prior to putting in more e-liquid. The only type of carts that do that well (in my experience) are the cartomizers (e.g., Kr8). Unfortunately I don't like their taste (many people do).

4. The plastic dropper bottle that most e-liquid comes in works just fine for me.

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Out of curiosity I ordered a 5 pack of 801 atty's and cartridges from Vapor Station. I'm really impressed! They provide huge plumes of vapor both dripping and with their carts. I find I get much more and consistent vapor from the 801 than the 510's. Since I received the 801's I haven't touched the 510's. I think the 801's are a real winner!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Out of curiosity I ordered a 5 pack of 801 atty's and cartridges from Vapor Station. I'm really impressed! They provide huge plumes of vapor both dripping and with their carts. I find I get much more and consistent vapor from the 801 than the 510's. Since I received the 801's I haven't touched the 510's. I think the 801's are a real winner!
A question and a clarification:

• Question: You get more vapor from the penstyle attys than from the 510? I get more TH and good vapor, but the 510 is the vapor champ in my experience.

• Clarification: According to their website, Vapor Station sells the Joye302 penstyle, not the DSE801. I like them both.
Are 801 batteries compatible with a 901 charger??? It seems like it should fit but... doesn't quite. :( I thought I had read that they were compatible.

Thanks in advance for any insight! :p
The penstyle (e.g., DSE801) is both longer and wider than the DSE901, so it would not fit. With an adapter, you can use an 801 atty with a 901 batt or vice versa, but they are not otherwise compatible. The 901 atty is compatible with the Kr8 battery.

[BTW, I use my penstyle attys with Kr8 batteries and passthroughs (with an adapter, of course). Although I don't like cartomizers, I find the Kr8 battery to be superior to the penstyle's.]

jjujju

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
USA
:p
The penstyle (e.g., DSE801) is both longer and wider than the DSE901, so it would not fit. With an adapter, you can use an 801 atty with a 901 batt or vice versa, but they are not otherwise compatible. The 901 atty is compatible with the Kr8 battery.

Gotcha. At least now I know. No problem to get a charger for the 801 but that just means I have to wait longer to REALLY try it out!!! :p ;)

Love your posts btw Don, highly amusing. ;)

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
And Don still does not like my BE112's :(!!!

Sun
Nope ... and I even went all the way to Uruguay to get one from another vendor! [Actually, ECF member and Uruguay Supplier, Paul Spradling, sent me one. Like you, he can't understand why I don't like the BE112.]

Paul's is no better or worse that the couple that I had previously tried. Maybe it's because I don't use carts. I've read that it's great with carts; maybe it's not so great for dripping. I mean, it's OK; I wouldn't take up smoking again if this were the only atty available, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as the 801 or Joye302.

:p
Love your posts btw Don, highly amusing. ;)
You mean you don't take them seriously?! I am offended!:rolleyes:

Thanks, jjujju! [There should be a 'sincere' emoticon.]

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Of the items in my collection, my Janty Kissbox Classic is one of my favorites. I hope it's not becoming passé. But, the Janty site has not had any batteries available for weeks and I need to order some. I think I saw compatible batteries elsewhere with LED tips. I hope LED tips become passé, and soon.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Of the items in my collection, my Janty Kissbox Classic is one of my favorites. I hope it's not becoming passé. But, the Janty site has not had any batteries available for weeks and I need to order some. I think I saw compatible batteries elsewhere with LED tips. I hope LED tips become passé, and soon.
The Janty Kissbox Classic uses the Joye302 atomizer, which is compatible with all 801 batteries.

My favorite battery for it (other than mods) is the Kr8 with adapter, e.g., from Good Prophets. [NOTE: I don't think highly of the Kr8 or 801 manuals, the button is nothing like the 501's, which is excellent.]

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
I'm finding the BE112 ordered from Indyvapor to be holding up quite well vaped in my 5v Nicobox. Went through a DSE801 every other day @5v, while the two BE112's I use in rotation have gone a week with no problem so far even while being dripped for the most part and the metal tube does get quite hot, meaning I'm chain vaping. The two 4072's tried earlier lasted two days each, if that so I think the BE112 will become--for me--the standard of penstyles.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
The Janty Kissbox Classic uses the Joye302 atomizer, which is compatible with all 801 batteries.

My favorite battery for it (other than mods) is the Kr8 with adapter, e.g., from Good Prophets.
Checking goodprophets for an adapter, following your recommendation. The closest match I see is "808/901 batt-to-801 atom" ... is that the one I need to use KR808D-1 batteries with my Kissbox Classic? Just want to make sure I get the correct one.

Thanks for the info Don, much appreciated.

Wow, the Kissbox with a KR8 XL battery will be a REALLY long unit! LOL, kinda cool. I measured the combo, about 200 mm, not counting any additional length attributed to the adapter.

OH, and sorry about the unintentional sidetrack. I thought the Kissbox used an 801 vaporizer. More than six weeks in, and I'm still such a newbie. And, I still don't like battery tip LEDs, but I like the KR8 in spite of them. :)

Last edited:

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I have a weak performing 801 so along with a 510 order I bought an adapter for the 510 so I could see if it was the atty or the battery that was crippled.

The 801 battery works great on the 510 atty for when my 510 battery is charging or if I want a hotter more powerful vape but I prefer everything about the non joy 510 pv.

I agree with zofryer. The 901 should go away but I do plan to buy a 901 adapter to see which part of that one is worthless. I MAY continue with an 801 battery to 510 atty for those times I want a hotter vape.

I hope that makes sense. It's early. * yawn*

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Checking goodprophets for an adapter, following your recommendation. The closest match I see is "808/901 batt-to-801 atom" ... is that the one I need to use KR808D-1 batteries with my Kissbox Classic? Just want to make sure I get the correct one.

Thanks for the info Don, much appreciated.

Wow, the Kissbox with a KR8 XL battery will be a REALLY long unit! LOL, kinda cool. I measured the combo, about 200 mm, not counting any additional length attributed to the adapter.

OH, and sorry about the unintentional sidetrack. I thought the Kissbox used an 801 vaporizer. More than six weeks in, and I'm still such a newbie. And, I still don't like battery tip LEDs, but I like the KR8 in spite of them. :)
That is the adapter you want. The DSE901 and KR808D-1 threads are identical, so that's why Good Prophets (and most others) have the same adapter for those two batteries.

I am pretty sure that the Kissbox uses the Joye 302 penstyle atty, which is fully compatible with the DSE801. [All of Janty's hardware (including the eGO) is Joye.]. '801' is like kleenex: it often is used to refer to all penstyles, regardless of manufacturer or model #.

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
So I'm in my 2nd week of using two BE112's in rotation on a 5v nicobox and both attys are holding up strong. Due to their hardiness, I've been putting off making a 4.2v Nicobox which I thought I'd need to keep my penstyle budget in line by not constantly popping attys.

Can't think of a more perfect union of function to function than a BE112 atty wedded to a 5v Nico.

I do some minor maintenance in soaking in hot water for about 10 minutes and then air drying to be used the next day. Easy enough to do when boiling water for tea in the morning or doing dishes at night.

Whatever BE's doing, hope they maintain it and not become wonky quality-wise as I hear the Joye 510 attys are these days.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Don,

I think I may have stumbled upon a "wood grain" penstyle (stateside). The picture shows the chrome model, but it gives (some kind of wood- my computer is not behaving, can't verify the exact name) as an option. I have NO idea what model it is either, so you may want to ask!

FWIW: A friend reccommended the site, she's been a happy customer for 2 years.

I saw that healthcabin.net had them too (wood.. not sure if it's wood grain). Atty and batt could be ordered in singles. AND they are running specials.

Last edited:

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I started out on a Joye 510, which was great, and got me off analogues. When I bought a SP2 and a SD MKII, I began using the SP2 with a 801 atty, which it came with, and the SD MKII with a mega 510 atty and cartridge. The 801 was far superior to the 510. Thinking that the differences might be with the mods, I switched the attys, and found that the 801 on the SD MKII was still better than the 510, more TH, vapor, and flavor. Also, the cartridge on the 801 is more reliable. My last order of attys and cartridges was for all 801s. I'm still using the mega 510 attys and cartridges on EGO batteries, since I have so many of them, but when they are gone they won't be replaced....

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I've only used two different 801 attys so far, but they provide the best combination of vapor, throat hit, and flavor compared to other types of attys. And the carts are so much more generous in size. And they're quieter, maybe that's because the coil is farther away, idk. My favorite style of atty.

I used a LR DSE801 (2 ohm) for 3.5 weeks before putting it on the shelf. I had to clean/dry burn that atty a few times to keep it performng over that time. For the last couple of weeks I've been using 510s and a 901. But this evening I'm using a LR BE112 (2 ohm). I had put it on the shelf after a couple of days of use some time ago. I had swapped it out to sample some new flavors and the smaller attys work better for that.

Both of those 801s work better as primary vaping engines than the handfuls of 510s, 901s, and tiny 401s that I've used.

I'll have to sample some more BE's vs DSE's to pick a final winner between the two. My initial impression is that the LR DSE801 from IkenVape has an edge on the LR BE112 in terms of flavor and vapor, but I haven't tried enough of them to know for sure. The BE fits better on my 801 adapter and it does wick more easily from a foam filled cart, but the DSE tastes better and makes more vapor (and lasted a reasonably long time even with my VG rich liquids).

I was considering ordering some more 510 and 901 attys. I'm glad I screwed this BE112 back on tonight. Really reminded me of how much better this style of atty is for me.

I've got a couple more DSE801s on hand, but only this one BE112, that's what I should be looking to order a couple more of instead of 510s or 901s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread