Is There A 510 Cartomizer That Draws As Well As A KR808 Cartomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Hello all!

i had a vaping epiphany. I have been vaping with 510s, Rivas, an Ego and a VGO, but was really curious about the KR808d-1 as I heard great things about them. I recently acquired a couple and except for battery life are great. IMHO, they are definitely better than the regular joye 510. I love the kr808 cartomizers. The draw mimics analog smoking almost to a tee and even with the filling, the taste is good.

I have used Ego mega cartos and CE2r4 cartos but these don't give me that satisfying ooomph I miss.

Question... is there a 510 carto that works the same way as the 808 cartos and has decent taste?

Thanks in advance! :)

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
As above, I think the LR cartos would be the way to go. If I recall correctly, the hit of a KR808 is a true 3.7, whereas the Riva/Ego family are actually hitting at or around 3.2. So I would either suggest a true 3.7 device like a cheapo box mod, LR cartos to see if they don't get you the oomph you need, or you could also try a 5V passthrough with your standard cartos and see if that helps hit your sweet spot. The LR cartos and 5V passthrough are going to put you at a harder hotter hit than your KR808, though, so if you want to get closer to exactly where you are with the KR808, the box mod would be the way to go.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
As above, I think the LR cartos would be the way to go. If I recall correctly, the hit of a KR808 is a true 3.7, whereas the Riva/Ego family are actually hitting at or around 3.2. So I would either suggest a true 3.7 device like a cheapo box mod, LR cartos to see if they don't get you the oomph you need, or you could also try a 5V passthrough with your standard cartos and see if that helps hit your sweet spot. The LR cartos and 5V passthrough are going to put you at a harder hotter hit than your KR808, though, so if you want to get closer to exactly where you are with the KR808, the box mod would be the way to go.

Hello dear SimpleSins!

Thanks so much for the advice!

Getting new hardware now isn't feasible and I'd like to make all the 510 batteries I have work, so I'm going to try the LR cartos!

Would you know where I can get them at a good price?

Thanks in advance and
PS...I owe you a PM and have been suffering a bout of ADHA lately! Hugs!

Jim211

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I like the same, the 510 lr cartomizers with boxmods and prefer the 510 connector with the large hole for better airflow. You can get them all at Welcome to MadVapes LLC Thats where i got most of my stuff but built my boxmods for less than $10 each from there parts. They don't have premade boxmods in stock that much but Box Mods does usually have them in stock. Don't use the lr cartomizers with a regular battery as it will cause the battery to fail prematurely. If you want to try it will work but you should read this post first.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/127262-about-low-resistance-specific-batteries.html

1 more important thing is if you use a mod always make sure you have protected batteries even if the mod says it has built in protection.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
I like the same, the 510 lr cartomizers with boxmods and prefer the 510 connector with the large hole for better airflow. You can get them all at Welcome to MadVapes LLC Thats where i got most of my stuff but built my boxmods for less than $10 each from there parts. They don't have premade boxmods in stock that much but Box Mods does usually have them in stock. Don't use the lr cartomizers with a regular battery as it will cause the battery to fail prematurely. If you want to try it will work but you should read this post first.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/127262-about-low-resistance-specific-batteries.html

1 more important thing is if you use a mod always make sure you have protected batteries even if the mod says it has built in protection.

Thanks, I don't want to blow my batteries.

Now I'm back to square one, what 510 cartomizer might be similar to the 808 cartos that won't blow my belovedl batteries? lol!

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Thanks for your reply! Do you know where I can get them at a good price?

Thanks! :)

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but if you want to use your KR808D-1 cartos on 510 batteries, you can buy an adapter at goodprophets.com for 99 cents each. This is the lowest price I've found for adapters. I just received two on Saturday, and they work great. I'm now using my KR8 cartos on my 510 eGos. (Yes, the flavor, vapor, and THs are better with the KR8 cartos!)

The only thing I had to do was turn the little slot on the adapter counterclockwise about two full turns to get a nice airy vape. Otherwise, it was a hard draw. This adjustment brings the round connector on the adapter out a little, which makes a better connection with the carto connector.

Go to Adapters at goodprophets.com and then choose 510 battery to 808/901 atomizer in the drop-down list.
http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/product.sc?productId=89

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Thanks, I don't want to blow my batteries.

Now I'm back to square one, what 510 cartomizer might be similar to the 808 cartos that won't blow my belovedl batteries? lol!

I've been using the Boge 510 soft cap cartomizers from litecigusa.net, but since I received the adapters I mentioned in the last msg, I've been using my KR808D-1 cartos on my 510 batteries.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Hello dear SimpleSins!

Thanks so much for the advice!

Getting new hardware now isn't feasible and I'd like to make all the 510 batteries I have work, so I'm going to try the LR cartos!

Would you know where I can get them at a good price?

Thanks in advance and
PS...I owe you a PM and have been suffering a bout of ADHA lately! Hugs!

Only use LR cartos with batteries with 380mAh or higher, according to the text at Liberty-Flights.com. See the link below to read all about it:

Low Resistance Atomizers - Joye 510 Low Resistance

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but if you want to use your KR808D-1 cartos on 510 batteries, you can buy an adapter at goodprophets.com for 99 cents each. This is the lowest price I've found for adapters. I just received two on Saturday, and they work great. I'm now using my KR8 cartos on my 510 eGos. (Yes, the flavor, vapor, and THs are better with the KR8 cartos!)

The only thing I had to do was turn the little slot on the adapter counterclockwise about two full turns to get a nice airy vape. Otherwise, it was a hard draw. This adjustment brings the round connector on the adapter out a little, which makes a better connection with the carto connector.

Go to Adapters at goodprophets.com and then choose 510 battery to 808/901 atomizer in the drop-down list.
PV Adapters

I'm looking for flavor, vapor and TH, along with an actual draw. I had hoped that there was a 510 carto out there that could provide that but adapting 808s are good too! I'm checking out the link now to GP.

Thank you. :)

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I'm looking for flavor, vapor and TH, along with an actual draw. I had hoped that there was a 510 carto out there that could provide that but adapting 808s are good too! I'm checking out the link now to GP.

Thank you. :)

For the last six weeks, I've been satisfied with the Boge 510 soft cap cartos from litecigusa.net. They're $7.95 for a box of five. After I bought two KR808D-1 passthroughs and three boxes of the KR808D-1 cartos from litecigusa, I discovered that the KR8 cartos have a little better flavor, vapor, and throat hit than the Boge 510 cartos. Guess that's why I ordered two adapters, so I could use them for a while and then decide if I wanted to keep using the Boge cartos or just use the adapters and the KR8 cartos.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
They're $1.49 each cheaper at goodprophets.com.

I don't know about madvapes but good prophets also mail first class, so the shipping is cheap. They're in PA and I'm in NY..close enough for fast delivery. I'm checking out there site now. Thanks again. :)

As to the blurb at Liberty, all the batteries I use range from 750mah to 900mah. I just don't want to risk them after reading the thread provided here by Jim.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
A lot of people are using the LR cartos with their higher-mAh eGos, but I agree with you and don't want to take any chances on ruining my batteries. That's why I haven't bought any LR cartos. Just figure I don't need them. I'm satisfied with the THs, flavor, and vapor that I'm getting with the products I have.

I thought you might be interested in the faster shipping from PA, and the lower prices/shipping fees are an advantage, too. I ordered them last Wed (at about 5 pm) and received the package on Sat. Plus he'll (Rob) send you 30mL of free juice, if you're a new customer. I don't have the details about that handy, but I typed in my preferences in the Comments section. His VG juice doesn't qualify, but the PG juice does. He sent me three 10mL bottles of 18mg, one with R4, one with 555, and one with Marlbo, because I told him my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices of the PG liquids he has available. I mentioned three choices, in case he was out of my first two choices. I'm not sure, but he might have thought I was requesting all three flavors.

Anyway, reviewing those liquids: They have a nice tobacco taste, but the flavors are too strong for me, so I'll be adding some Glycerin (from Walmart) to dilute the flavors a little bit -- and decrease the 18mg down to about 12mg.

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I don't know about madvapes but good prophets also mail first class, so the shipping is cheap. They're in PA and I'm in NY..close enough for fast delivery. I'm checking out there site now. Thanks again. :)

As to the blurb at Liberty, all the batteries I use range from 750mah to 900mah. I just don't want to risk them after reading the thread provided here by Jim.

Madvapes ships from NC. They have good products and good customer service. I've ordered products from them, especially the 5V 510 passthroughs, the 2amp AC to USB wall adapters and 2amp Car to USB adapter. Madvapes is the place to get those, to ensure that your computer motherboard won't be ruined from using the .5amp USB port to power passthroughs, which need 2amps to work correctly every time. But when I can get the same adapters for $1.49 cheaper at goodprophets.com, why not? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread