Is there a Glass Tank that gives a tighter draw than the ProTank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
With the 4 PT2's I have, it's weird because sometimes one will get all airy on me, I switch out the coil, or take it out and put it back in, and it works great......I'm using the 2.2ohm coils.
I've read where some peeps will stick a toothpick in one of the holes. I haven't done it, but I'm sure someone can walk you through it. (and I can lurk!):)

Oops, they're not mini's but pretty close to the same situation.

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
I absolutely love how my EVOD tank draws :) So I will try that with my mini Protank. I got the glass tank because of my green apple juice and don't want to risk cracking my EVOD. I am covering a hole on the Mini just was wondering if another tank gave a better draw without trying to play it like a reed flute. LOL

What do you guys think of the Smoktech Pyrex (glass) DCT Tank? I'm afraid I won't fill it right.

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
I know you said you do not like things too complicated but i have had success with this method on my T3S's which i love. Correct me if i am wrong but the coil heads from the T3S/MT3S will also work in the protank correct?

What i noticed is that the flavor wicks are not too tightly pressed in. I also noticed that the knockoff fasttech coils have a smaller top post (the post on top of the coils not the center pin!) So when i was naive enough i bought knock off coils, needless to say they leaked all over so i bought some genuine coils. to fix the leaking of the knock off coils i pulled the flavor wick out and replaced it with my own 2mm silica which stopped juice from getting in past the wicks and gave a bit tighter draw. What i do with my genuine coils is actually take the flavor wick out and replace it with 2mm silica and i use the skinnier top post from the knock off's on the genuines.

works great for me and after i am done i just use the coil and clean it as if i never altered it. I also have a nice coil junkyard in my vapebox now lol.

nuhrayoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
SC, USA
The Hypertank! i would recommend this product to anyone who likes BCC's. I have rba's and rda's and i'll still pull out my hypertank every now and then. It is just so convenient. It has all of the nice features of the Protank 2: glass tank and removeable drip tip. What it has better is it has an anodized aluminum shield that covers the glass but still has 4 windows that let you see how much juice is inside of it. Plus the airflow is a little bit tighter on this one which i like, not too tight, but definitely not as airy as the protank. They are also considered a protank "clone" but only because they use very similar replaceable heads. Actually, I've been using my protank heads on my hypertank and they work better. They are also called the G50 clearomizer as well, idk why there are different names, but they are the exact same product, i guess just different manufacturer?

G50 Pyrex Glass Tank Clearomizer-510 - E Cig eGo, E juice, Mods, Cartomizers, Liquid Nicotine, DIY Flavorings

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
I know you said you do not like things too complicated but i have had success with this method on my T3S's which i love. Correct me if i am wrong but the coil heads from the T3S/MT3S will also work in the protank correct?

What i noticed is that the flavor wicks are not too tightly pressed in. I also noticed that the knockoff fasttech coils have a smaller top post (the post on top of the coils not the center pin!) So when i was naive enough i bought knock off coils, needless to say they leaked all over so i bought some genuine coils. to fix the leaking of the knock off coils i pulled the flavor wick out and replaced it with my own 2mm silica which stopped juice from getting in past the wicks and gave a bit tighter draw. What i do with my genuine coils is actually take the flavor wick out and replace it with 2mm silica and i use the skinnier top post from the knock off's on the genuines.

works great for me and after i am done i just use the coil and clean it as if i never altered it. I also have a nice coil junkyard in my vapebox now lol.
I don't think they will. Kanger sells Evod coils, Protank coils, universal for both, and T3 coils. Seeing as the T3 isn't on the universal, I don't know that it would fit.

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
I changed my head to a 2.5 ohm head (EVOD) and that does seem to help! Thanks for the tip. Maybe the one that came with my ProTank Mini was a lesser ohm? does that even make a difference? My battery is an EVOD battery that isn't a variable battery.

I definitely can see myself starting to collect tanks! eep! Since I like to swap tanks when I'm ready for a new flavor.

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
ohm's will not matter as to the draw of the coil. ohm ratings are just the electrical resistance that the wire in the coil produces. These can be calculated into watts and amps also. When i first started vaping i watched MANY youtube reviews and tutorials. i highly recommend someone by the name of grimmgreen he is spot on!

a simple explanation, ohms are the resistance to electrical flow ie. the higher the ohm the higher the voltage you need to get the same wattage. Think of it as a garden hose, volts are the overall amount of water, amps is the water pressure, and ohms are the hose itself. The higher the ohms ie. the smaller the garden hose, the more amps(pressure) you will need to get the volts/watts(water) to the juice.

so if you have a 2.5ohm head at 3.7v that is a decent vape, but if you put a 1.8ohm head on it at 3.7 volt the juice will be much hotter and maybe have a fuller vape. because more electricity can get to the coil to heat it. rule of thumb lower ohm means more vaping power! But be careful as people tend to burn out their ego batteries doing this. if you put a low ohm coil on an ego be careful, do not chain vape it and overheat the batteries circit boards, because lower ohms draws higher amps from the batt.

electrogeek13

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Pennsylvania USA
What would I do without you guys?!! :wub: You are the best in helping me just love vaping and not smoking!

Thank you for all the information.. I apparently didn't understand ohms.. but I get it! finally!

also I don't know what battery you are using but i highly recommend you get a mod with variable voltage and one that can also check the ohm rating of the coils for you. Many times as coils get older or even sometimes from the factory they will read wayyy high because they develope loose connections or shorts somewhere. Also make sure the coils is nice and dry before putting it in to prevent this.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread