is there a possibility that ProVari will be available in VV/VW

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
...and a better screen + less bling. Anyone know when the next update is due?

You really dont understand the beauty of a Provari do you? Its built with one thing in mind and thats to last. What youre asking for not only makes it more complicated but also introduces false standards.

A better screen to you is probably an OLED screen isnt it? Big problem with those.....highly susceptible to damage from liquids and also relatively new on the market versus an old fashioned LED screen that provides superior resistance from liquids AND hundreds of millions of hours product testing in addition to a longer mechanical life than so-called "better" screens.

No thank you....If Provari ever does come out with VW ....a Prowatty as I like to call it ....then it needs to be a completely different model that leaves the original alone.

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I have no interest in VW but that may be because I started with and am so used to VV. It would be nice if they changed the tapered top cap in to a flat top.. the tapered top is beginning to look kinda dated. (like slouch socks with hightops and big hair LOL)

(this isn't me btw! although I do tend to still rock the 80's hair LOL)

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
You really dont understand the beauty of a Provari do you? Its built with one thing in mind and thats to last. What youre asking for not only makes it more complicated but also introduces false standards.

A better screen to you is probably an OLED screen isnt it? Big problem with those.....highly susceptible to damage from liquids and also relatively new on the market versus an old fashioned LED screen that provides superior resistance from liquids AND hundreds of millions of hours product testing in addition to a longer mechanical life than so-called "better" screens.

No thank you....If Provari ever does come out with VW ....a Prowatty as I like to call it ....then it needs to be a completely different model that leaves the original alone.

Dude, it's just a piece of metal and silicone chips that is a bit outdated. What is there to "get", technology moves on.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
Dude, it's just a piece of metal and silicone chips that is a bit outdated. What is there to "get", technology moves on.

I don't know, my wife's Provari Mini got here yesterday and Iat first she let me play with it. I set my Zmax to the same voltage and was swapping the tank from mod to mod.

Now I understand. I am glad I got it for her.

I am really interested in the DNA20, specifically the Cyborg, but if for any reason that changes I have my Provari picked out already.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere

Or it's a well made tube and a chip that's proven. People like the design and the vape, so changing it seems unnecessary. Not a hard thing to "get".

Make a new VW one but I'd prefer the provari to stay as is. The only change I could think of that would be beneficial is to, while keeping it still VV and the same pwm/regulation, up the amp limit.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

Not everything done in the name of progress is actually progress. Based on your comments I'm guessing youre too young to realize this yet...but you will :)

What you're asking for would be considered a downgrade by many of us who already own a Provari and understand why it was built the way it was.

If you want the "latest and greatest" with all the bells and whistles go buy an Evic and let us all know how it works out for you.

Last edited:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
If they ever produce a variable wattgage version I seriously won't bother upgrading - if it aint broke, it don't need fixing.
I've had VW on a good few mods, after the intial testing I never use it.

Try using a 2.5 ohm Boge carto at 7 watts - fantastic (a tad muted) try a Kanger 2.5 ohm T3 at the same wattage and expierience foulness and burning - what do you end up doing when this happens?

You change the wattage, thus changing the voltage.

Pointless.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

You obviously don't own a Provari.

Strange for you to say it's "outdated" when it still outperforms everything else out there and I don't really think puff counters are very useful.
The Provari is variable wattage anyway - you just need your brain to change the settings.

Variable voltage is way finer anyway.

Back to the analogies - buy a really expensive amplifier, it'll be a valve amp and it won't have a graphic equalizer - it'll be simple and reliable - the sound from it will be as it was intended without any tinkering.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I find ego threading leads to one of two things...deep wells that make a device bigger or an ugly connector sticking out the top. I don't have anything I regularly use with ego threading so it would not be for any benefit.

I still don't have any desire for a VW provari but if there is one, it has to do step down for me to be interested.

Now that's a good reason not to go with native ego threading. If it can't be done without making the total length longer then I agree, it would not be something I'd be interested in. The petite size of the mini and its pocketability are MUCH more important to me.

Last edited:

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
If you want the "latest and greatest" with all the bells and whistles go buy an Evic and let us all know how it works out for you.

I'm not picking on you, zapped, but I am just quoting this one piece because this is kind of why I don't hang out with the Provari crowd as often.

First, I LOVE my Provari, it's definitely my most used device. There are certain juices that just shine (bright like a diamond, ohhhhh, tonight.... you and I... Umm nevermind) with it. It's solid, if feels great and it keeps me happy (which ain't no small thing, ask my hubby!).

BUT why pick on the eVic? I have one of those too and some juices shine (like a... oh, nevermind!) on that just as well. Heck, there's some that do best on my little Egos.

Heck, I have a couple of Zmaxs and another eVic coming.

I think all devices are not created equal, but depending on what mood I'm in and what juice I want, it will change what device I want to use. Yes, I definitely favor my Provari, but it does seem to have more fans that are just rabid - and, at times, rude.

Yes, I would absolutely love to see VW available on the Provari. Those that don't like it don't have to use it, but it would be a nice addition. Same with the ego threading idea. It seems to be no problem on the eVic and I like lots of choices :) I'd love more choices on my favored device.

I just don't understand the Provari fans that constantly put down other devices. I say whatever is keeping someone off of analogs, that device is a winner. Not everyone has a lot of disposable income and the Provari is no small investment.

I definitely don't think any of my other devices will outlive my Provari - it's the best made mod I've put my hands on so far, that's for absolute sure.

I dunno where I'm going with this... it just kind of makes me sad, I guess.

Again, zapped, not picking on you specifically as you're usually pretty level-headed, but your sarcasm (which you might not have meant) struck me today because I think that sums up my feelings sometimes on Provari fans. Maybe it's just the few rabid ones that make it seem like more than there are. It just bugs me and I sometimes feel like I'm unwelcome in the Provari club because I like other devices too.

LOL!

Of course, next on my "device to buy" list is a Provari Mini... LOL. I obviously have a problem here :)

... posting this and wincing and hoping you guys don't tear me apart. Just my thoughts this early Sunday morning. xoxo

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Candy, to respond to your above comments if I may, I speak for Zapped and the others who may at times sound sarcastic, myself included. It is in response to the "haters" who insist on calling our beloved Provari's "outdated" or "over-the-hill", simply because it doesn't have variable wattage or some other feature like a puff counter. Typically these are people who have never used, much less owned a Provari, because they always get stuck on the higher price tag and can't in their mind justify the cost.

It's been repeated by Provari owners consistantly, they feel the Provari is worth the added cost. Until you have owned one, you can't understand that. You know this, you own one.

It's easy to get caught up in emotion and sarcasm when responding to certain individuals. Nothing wrong with an Evic, if that's what you enjoy. But when people who have never owned a Provari make a claim that the Evic is better than a Provari at half the cost...let me stop there.

Last edited:

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
It's easy to get caught up in emotion and sarcasm when responding to certain individuals. Nothing wrong with an Evic, if that's what you enjoy. But when people who have never owned a Provari make a claim that the Evic is better than a Provari at half the cost...let me stop there.

I do. I totally get it. I own a Provari and I feel it's my best (and most loved) device. I guess that I just don't get why everyone can't have an opinion and express it? Maybe it's because I read in the Provari section the most, but it just seems that the Provari has more snarky people than most. LOL.

Like I said, just an opinion. I'm glad I didn't go crazy reading about it here before I bought it because the snark might have turned me off to owning one and becoming "one of them".

But, yes, I do agree that it's not fair to say any device is "the best" without having at least tried it.

Having said that, I'm going back to my Provari with the most amazing peanut butter cookie in it. Found it in a shop when I was visiting someone in Cour d'Alene called Vapor Outlet. They have some NICE juices and the Provari does something to that cookie blend that is like.... well, perfect. It tastes different on my other devices. LOL. Weirdness!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Candy, to respond to your above comments if I may, I speak for Zapped and the others who may at times sound sarcastic, myself included. It is in response to the "haters" who insist on calling our beloved Provari's "outdated" or "over-the-hill", simply because it doesn't have variable wattage or some other feature like a puff counter. Typically these are people who have never used, much less owned a Provari, because they always get stuck on the higher price tag and can't in their mind justify the cost.

It's been repeated by Provari owners consistantly, they feel the Provari is worth the added cost. Until you have owned one, you can't understand that. You know this, you own one.

I've always stated that the Provari is one of the high-end, best built models on the market. But some of the Provari "fan-boys" are really over the top. (I don't consider you in this category, Bad, lol) I've made posts about the advantages of a VW model PV, especially for newer vapers, never mentioning the Provari at all and have been verbally "flogged" by several Provari fan-boys for being a heritic, lol.

I personally think that variable wattage has advantages for the "masses", when it comes to variable vaping, as most people want "life in general" to be as simple as possible, in concert with good to great performance. That doesn't take away from the outstanding performance of the Provari. But some of the Provari fan-club seems to think it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread