Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Have you looked into the bottom feeder box bods? Combine the flavor of dripping with the convenience of a tank and you have a bottom feeder. The Reo even has a variable voltage model.

Doesn't Provari use a different system of delivering a constant voltage than most vv/vw devices?

The vw to me, sounded more like a gimmick - a useful one - designed to compensate for not having more expensive power regulation like the Provari already has. So why would Provape upgrade to VW if it doesn't offer anything more?

Now sub-ohm vaping might be different. Provape upgraded v1 to v2 to increase voltages and I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that again.

I'm new here, not an engineer or electrician, that's just my understanding. Please correct me if I'm missing something. I've got no pride about learning. :vapor:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is there any good reason for them not to?
A lot of very popular devices (T3, evod) are ego threaded. Why limit the choices for Provari users and have them use cheap ill fitting adaptors?

No offense to users of Ego threaded devices, but juice delivery devices that use eGo threading are in the minority by far, with 510 threading being the most popular and the standard.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
No offense to users of Ego threaded devices, but juice delivery devices that use eGo threading are in the minority by far, with 510 threading being the most popular and the standard.

I agree. When I first got my ProVari I had some clearos I used on my Ego and carto tanks. I found the carto tanks just work better on the ProVari, and look better, too.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
They may not be the leader, but are undeniably very popular. The Stardust,T3's and EVOD's were huge sellers.

I can't see where adding an ego thread would take away from 510 usage, so why the resistance to having it there to make the system more versatile? Would it detract from the 510 user's or lessen the quality of the device in any way?

Is it a "snobbery" thing? :) (just poking there)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
They may not be the leader, but are undeniably very popular. The Stardust,T3's and EVOD's were huge sellers.

I can't see where adding an ego thread would take away from 510 usage, so why the resistance to having it there to make the system more versatile? Would it detract from the 510 user's or lessen the quality of the device in any way?

Is it a "snobbery" thing? :) (just poking there)
Actually, I think an eGo threading would detract from most of the users of the more common 510 thread. Ego threading juts out away from the mod, and is the reason the eGo batteries require a cone connector to hide that ugly post between the battery and delivery device.

eGo cone cover.jpg eGo cone connector

Example of what I'm talking about above.

Maybe I'm missing something and not aware of how this could be handled where both threadings can be used without the use of any kind of adaptor.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I attribute that more to the skinny batteries you've shown than a necessity of the connector.
If you look at things like an anyvape CVI or other mods that have ego compatible threading you can use a 510 or ego threaded device without needing those "beauty" rings to make the fatter tank look good.

I think the ultimate flexibility would be with an ego thread and a flat top redusing the need for the popular second party flat top rings.

thumbs_img_1535.jpg

Last edited:

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
Ego threads were made for egos and now there are a billion and three cheap mods with ego threads. Some things are just sacred.

and for what it is worth, I have a 510 to ego adapter that works like a charm. There is no reason for ProVape to start junking up their nearly flawless simple design with ego threads, VW, or more buttons.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ego threads were made for egos and now there are a billion and three cheap mods with ego threads. Some things are just sacred.

and for what it is worth, I have a 510 to ego adapter that works like a charm. There is no reason for ProVape to start junking up their nearly flawless simple design with ego threads, VW, or more buttons.

My adapters work perfectly well too. And I use them constantly. Even so, I've zero desire for ProVape to change anything.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

My adapters work perfectly well too. And I use them constantly. Even so, I've zero desire for ProVape to change anything.

I see both of you use ego threaded devices. I expect that there are a whole bunch of closet ego-ers that also use them on their Provari's.
I respect that you don't care if you need cheap kludgy adaptors that make those ego tanks stick up too far and wish Provape to stay static and never change.

I really think that many people that use ego threaded devices would welcome the convenience of being able to attach their stuff without it needing adaptors.

Nobody has yet answered how having that ability would detract from the Provari. If there was something about having that ability that would make the Provari perform worse, I'd completely agree with you guys and be against it too, but as yet I haven't seen a good reason :shrug

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I see both of you use ego threaded devices. I expect that there are a whole bunch of closet ego-ers that also use them on their Provari's.
I respect that you don't care if you need cheap kludgy adaptors that make those ego tanks stick up too far and wish Provape to stay static and never change.

I really think that many people that use ego threaded devices would welcome the convenience of being able to attach their stuff without it needing adaptors.

Nobody has yet answered how having that ability would detract from the Provari. If there was something about having that ability that would make the Provari perform worse, I'd completely agree with you guys and be against it too, but as yet I haven't seen a good reason :shrug

No adapter visibility for me. Don't mine 'em a bit.

uploadfromtaptalk1370736498550.jpg

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I'd welcome ego ability too. I feel like I'm pretty much good to go on the "battery" end with the provari. It's all about what to put on it. Seems counter-intuitive to limit what you can screw onto your battery. I don't even really use ego stuff, but then I'd rather not mess around with adapters if I didn't have to. A VW provari would be huge, I have no doubt. At some point I think it will happen, if for no other reason than to get people like me to buy another provari. No offense, but that's one downside to building a device that lasts and last and lasts. I have one, so there is really no reason to buy another. Might want one but definitely don't need one.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Nope. Wouldn't hate it at all. But I also use 510 stuff and it wouldn't change how I like the device. Also, since those cartos are deeply recessed, I think I might end up needing one anyway. At least I did on one I had, that was supposedly ego threaded.
I use devices with both threads too. The inability of the Provari to accept my beloved T3's and Evods without adaptors was one of the factors in my delay in getting a Provari. The Chinese had it right as far as the connector goes with the Anyvape CVI and it accepted all of my ego and 510 devices perfectly. But that was about the only thing they got right, it is by all measures an inferior PV to the Provari except for the way it handled the devises.

After it broke (the circuit not the connector) I finally took the plunge and got a Provari. That was the best vaping decision I've made and I'm extremely happy with it, but still hate using the adaptors.

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA

I am not a closet anything. I love my Twists and Spinners, I love them for the sleek design and the convenience factor. I carry one of each every day in addition to my Provari.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
If you want to use an eGo threaded delivery system on it then spend the $3 usd and get one. I use a lot of the Kanger T3's on my Provari. Nice vape and I don't mind having the adapter a bit. But I Don't want it built into the Provari.

Ditto, that deeper well on Chinese mods that allows people to use Ego accessories is susceptible to all kind of problems and issues. A 3 dollar adapter is a much better compromise since it allows people a choice.

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I find ego threading leads to one of two things...deep wells that make a device bigger or an ugly connector sticking out the top. I don't have anything I regularly use with ego threading so it would not be for any benefit.

I still don't have any desire for a VW provari but if there is one, it has to do step down for me to be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread