Is there a tutorial or thread to -->

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnj

Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey USA
Rebuild my Kraken Viscious Ant with dual coils and Eko Wool wick?

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but I can't post anywhere else until I fulfill my five posts here, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm using a regulated box mod with my Kraken.
When I bought it it was built with 4 wraps of #24 wire on each coil with Eko Wool wicks and stainless rope.
It's .2 ohms and it gets hot with a lot my juices.

I'd like to build it at some other level and am looking for recommendations.
I've not built with Stainless rope and Eko Wool yet.

Right now the rope is about 1/4" from the bottom of the tank.
What's the rule of thumb for the rope depth as I've seen several different depths?

Thanks for any help and ideas.
Bob

dynoman2002

Sep 4, 2014
California
Hello!
Well susan s gave good advise to look on you tube. If your going to switch to eco wool you might get dry hits if your running your coils at that low of resistance. Generally you would want the wick to be low in the tank so the wick can wick juice when the tank gets low. A good coil calculator is steam-engine.org susan s has a link at the bottom of her post. I would build a coil at a higher resistance since you have a regulated mod which you can dial up to suit you.

bobnj

Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey USA
Yes I have been all over You Tube but most builds are for single coil with mesh.
Again, mine is dual coil and Eko Wool.

I have other tanks with the wool and the hits are not dry at all so far.
The coils are so low because I didn't build them.
The shop where I got the tank did the first build since I haven't done rope and wool yet.
Just looking for some advice on building this way.

Thanks
Bob

bobnj

Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey USA
Sorry for the late response, but I'm not getting email notifications for some reason.

I'm using a Gi2 clone 100 watt box.
I'm not exactly sure who makes it, but it says General Innovations.

For wire I currently have 22,24,26 and 28

Tell me more about mesh.

I have to get to work soon, so I may be off the air until later.

Take care
Bob

Thanks for your time
Bob

dynoman2002

Sep 4, 2014
California
Awe grand innovations gi2 i just got one a week ago. Awesome mod!
IMG_1316.jpg

Mesh is great for certain circumstances.Doesnt burn, wick pretty good somewhat similar to cable ( i personally only use koh gen do cotton but thats beside the point)
The best thing i like about mesh is it doesnt hold on to the flovor of juices long, makes it easy when you go to switch out juices for different flavors. Another great reason to use mesh is you dont have to change it out every week or so like cotton.

Looks like you have all the kanthal you could and would need. Wicking material is cheap and building is fun so start experimenting to find what you like and works best for you.

As far as the mod goes you can max out your settings if you build to .3ohm= 5.5v@100w. Nice thing is you can always dial it back.

To be perfectly honest i gave my kraken to a friend after i found out about foggers and havnet looked back lol! ( I only built the kraken with cable and mesh and it wasnt for me, maybe different wicks would have been different idk)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
When it comes to coil builds you will want to head here. => Rebuildable Atomizer Systems I didn't do a search on Kraken because... that's your job. :D But that's where you will find what you desire and is the place you will want to post later.

Your post count is heading in the right direction. Just keep in mind that once you hit necessary post counts you have to wait for your next account update on the server, which happens every hour at 25 minutes past the hour. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-members-how-many-posts-do-i-need-titles.html

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
If you are used to the quality of a vicious ant Kraken, would by pass the fogger. Their concept is good, but quality of materials and craftsmanship is lacking. Maybe by version 105 may be worth looking at. I've had 2 different versions of the fogger, both had crap/soft metal screws, posts, & bases, both were failures, totally crap. Sure, can be built and vaped fine, 2 for 2 failures, yeah, frak fogger crap. :lol:

Currently the best rba tank system, on this arm of the Milky Way, is the Gus Estia 510. Native tri-coil, air & juice control, precision craftmanship at its finest. Estia can handle the watts, had her on the Sigelei 100 box, and could take it all, while begging for more:D

Genies are probably the most diff to master, coils have to be purrfect, no lose loops, no hot spots, consistent pressure contact on the wick, or one gets nasty fried hits. Also takes a tank or two, to properly season. I'd either go with a fiber wick, such as Raime, or try some ceramic. Since that's what I have lying around:D but if I had an Authentic Kraken in me hands, Vape Lord know's I'd be oxidizing some SS mesh, and going that route. Dual coil, would prob use 24, unles you're good at tension wrapping 22. I feel like a bloody electrician every time I pull out the 22 gauge.

But yeah, if wanting to master the genie, would give SS mesh a shot, fact thinking of pulling out a genie and giving it another go round, got side tracked for a year with the Russian, flash-e-vapor, Aqua, Magma, Erlkonigin, Estia, and Rose2.

dynoman2002

Sep 4, 2014
California
If you are used to the quality of a vicious ant Kraken, would by pass the fogger. Their concept is good, but quality of materials and craftsmanship is lacking. Maybe by version 105 may be worth looking at. I've had 2 different versions of the fogger, both had crap/soft metal screws, posts, & bases, both were failures, totally crap. Sure, can be built and vaped fine, 2 for 2 failures, yeah, frak fogger crap. :lol:

Currently the best rba tank system, on this arm of the Milky Way, is the Gus Estia 510. Native tri-coil, air & juice control, precision craftmanship at its finest. Estia can handle the watts, had her on the Sigelei 100 box, and could take it all, while begging for more:D

Genies are probably the most diff to master, coils have to be purrfect, no lose loops, no hot spots, consistent pressure contact on the wick, or one gets nasty fried hits. Also takes a tank or two, to properly season. I'd either go with a fiber wick, such as Raime, or try some ceramic. Since that's what I have lying around:D but if I had an Authentic Kraken in me hands, Vape Lord know's I'd be oxidizing some SS mesh, and going that route. Dual coil, would prob use 24, unles you're good at tension wrapping 22. I feel like a bloody electrician every time I pull out the 22 gauge.

But yeah, if wanting to master the genie, would give SS mesh a shot, fact thinking of pulling out a genie and giving it another go round, got side tracked for a year with the Russian, flash-e-vapor, Aqua, Magma, Erlkonigin, Estia, and Rose2.

Well, to each their own! I wasn't telling him to get a fogger I was mearly stating thats what I have been vaping on and I LOVE FOGGERS. I have 3 v4.3,4.1 and v5 and none have a problem.

You are correct the quality isn't the best but far from the worst. Really I cant complain foggers are my daily drivers and i have no plans on changing that, they just work so damn well for under $30.

dynoman2002

Sep 4, 2014
California
YES!
That's the box I have.
I tried to find out more about it but their website doesn't exist yet.

So it is a clone, and what do you think of it?

Ok, so what is a fogger?

Still working on email notifications too...

I'll get there.

Take care
Bob
Yes it is a clone and a very nice one in my opinion. I like it alot but i have only had a dna30 to compare it to. It has a lot of nice features and plenty of power. Very futuristic mod i get alot of people asking me about it when im out and about. Great conversation starter for sure. Pretty cool you can download a screensaver.

Foggers are just another dual coil chinese made rta, I was only stating what I like and not trying to recommend anything. You already have a kraken and a nice one at that. Just play with different types of wicks and coil builds and it will easy to find what you like and what works best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread