The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Kayfun v2

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Docbrown121, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Docbrown121

Docbrown121 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2014
    Morris, IL, USA
    So I received my new v2 and I absolutely love it. I have no experience with rbas and building the coil wasn't hard at all. I built a microcoil that is a 1.7 ohm. I don't know what to use for the wick. I bought 15ft of Eko wool, but for the life of me I can't get more than one strand through. Any thoughts on what I should use for a wick, or suggestions to make the Eko wool better. Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    I use cotton I like better than any thing else you need organic cotton and you have to boil it for a half an hour You can get it at walmart for cheap :)
    your coil looks really good :) I don't know why more people don't rebuild it,s not that hard

3. Kn0ttYFive

Kn0ttYFive Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    That one strand of eko-wool, is more than enough. Maybe torch the Eko-wool beforehand to keep it from fraying. I recommend using ReadyX Wick. It does not burn no fraying, great clean flavor.

4. shynsly

shynsly Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Chicago
  5. TruSound

TruSound Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
  6. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    I did my first build on a Russian yesterday - and used Ekowool too. I DID torch it, but it frayed like crazy, mostly cause I had to keep futzing with the coil. But it's wicking and working...I got the frayed ends moist with juice, and just sort of tucked them all in over the channels.
    I don't like the idea of having to change out cotton all the time, so I'll probably try another build with Ekowool - if possible, a nice neat micro like yours. Looks great!!
    Mine's 1.7 ohms, but it's just about 5 wraps, not a micro.

7. ^Top-Shelf^

^Top-Shelf^ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Central Illinois
    Not sure if yours will fit like this with the silica you have but, A good tip for inserting 2 strands of silica is to take one piece folded in half then just put a piece of wire threw the loop "loop of wire threw loop of silica" slide wire threw coil and gently pull the looped end of silica threw. You can then cut the loop or leave it up to you. I just use regular cotton and the navy nest. This is my favorite set up on my KFL+ wicks awesome because each end of wick returns to the wick coming from the coil feeding itself. Currently have had my cotton in for 5 days and don't see any need to change it out yet. Here are a couple vids hope this helps.

5:15 for inserting 2 strands, or even 3 as he shows if you think you need that much.
    'STEAM SANDWICH COIL' for KAYFUN - REBUILD - YouTube

Navy nest build
    'NAVY NEST' COIL for KAYFUN - TUTORIAL. - YouTube

8. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Those are good videos - hand't seen them, and I'm fiddling with my first Russian...thanks.
    Actually, my first build was a lot like a "navy nest" except for the ends I tucked in being all frayed and sloppy... LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.