The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is There an ETA Yet For Pitbull?

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by DocWyatt, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HyOnLyph

HyOnLyph Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Ohhhh no no no no no. I hope you don't mean that you'll use some off-brand 4081 carto. You really want to try the SS Cartos. At least give them a try so you can compare. You won't be sorry.

2. Kargonet

Kargonet Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Abilene, Texas
    I don't have much choice but to put off brand cartos on it because I'm allergic to PG. That's why I was so grateful to LK for helping me find some that would fit on my Hendu otherwise there wouldn't have been any point in getting it. They had some kind of ugly black paper tape stuff on them but I peeled that off, cleaned them up and it almost perfectly matches.

Attached Files:

3. RedDeath5

RedDeath5 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    St Joe, MI
    they'll fit just fine. get em and go!

4. HyOnLyph

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA

Ohhh. I remember now. Sorry. My Bad.
    You said that before and I forgot.

I bought a couple of 510 to 4081 and 808 to 4081 adapters just to check out the SS Carto on a different battery. The SS battery is much more responsive to draw and way smoother than a 510 or 302 (808 compatible)... But even on the other batteries, the SS Carto still way outperformed the others. I guess I'm becoming a SmokeStik fanatic.

5. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    wellnow...since we are on the subject.....let me just say.....the cartos that Kargonet are talking about actually seem to be fairly decent cartos....I'll be sending some to Katya for the official "burn test"....but more importantly I will be sending some to Steve for the technogeek work up.....Ohm rating etc. I'm not going to say anything more at this time because I dont want to pollute the knowledge pool. :) But I do promise to follow up on it......

We understand that there are people out there who just cannot use our cartos because of the allergy thing.....and if someone has managed to produce a decent workable solution that lets you safely (as in not ruin your battery) use a SmokeStik then I feel it's valid to at least make sure you know the right way to use them. So my first tip on these......your going to need condoms because they don't come with them....and your going to need to overfill them and then let them sit for awhile....this is very important because the wicking coil is NOT in the bottom like it is in ours....it's verticle. If you dont let the juice soak completely through the filling you will burn out the coil instantly.....TWEET TWEET.....are we listening?

oh...and no....I can't and won't tell you whos sells them.....have a heart....I'm pushing my luck for you doing this.....so ask someone else........IN PRIVATE

6. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I am. Where are you, Lorikay? Been awfully quiet here since you've been gone...

7. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    yea....sorry about that.....I am trying to preserve my typing energies.....will be having minor surgery on one of my hands in the morning so it may be a a couple more days....do feel free to carry on without me. I trust you to keep the peace. :)

8. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Hope the surgery goes well LK- and that you're back to raising heck here pretty quickly!

9. sooperdrave

sooperdrave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    hope the surgery goes well...wait a minute...arent you a bot? must be a cyborg?

10. HyOnLyph

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Praying your surgery goes well. We miss you. Time for ergonomic devices of every kind... mouse, keyboard, La-Z-Boy with customer computer desk.

Low Tech...

[​IMG]

A little higher tech.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND THE WINNER IS .......

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Full ergonomic adjustability will accommodate any size user
    • 4 speaker Surround Sound by Bose (100 watts)
    • Panoramic Viewing via Dual 21” flat screens with Vibration isolation construction
    • Patented C-spine workstation configuration frees up space in front of the user
    • Reclining foot and leg-rest support and elevate the lower legs, improving circulation
    • Fully adjustable armrests with full neoprene support surfaces for the user result in improved mouse and keyboard use with less injury
    • Aircraft Aluminum frame with durable powder-coat finish ensure top quality construction
    • Ergonomic chair features memory foam cushioning with gel cell inserts

And it walks your dog, cleans your pool and makes your coffee in the morning.

11. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Hy, do you deliver? :)

LK, take care of yourself. We can just talk amongst ourselves for awhile. Sending a prayer your way.

12. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    {{{LK}}}

Hy, can I swap out the Bose speakers for Klipsch, please? I like lots of bass :)

13. HyOnLyph

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Hang some bicycle pedals and some weights off of that thing and you could even get your excersize while working.
    I'm sure there's already a place for your iPod.

14. DocWyatt

DocWyatt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2010
    OK
    Ok ok. I ordered Hendu and some SS cartos last night. Happy now???? ha ha. I hope my Safe Cig charger will charge it, or my SS experience will be rather short lived... LOL.

15. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    you should be fine Buss......just give me a call if you have any problems......in case you missed my latest sticky post......calling me or emailing me.....or Steve.......is the best way to get lightening fast service.....posting here.......not so good. LOL!

Bill......did you see that work station? I have a doctors note...shall I send it to you? I know your not an American.....but here we call that reasonable accomidation.....IE....you get to pay for it! RFLMAO!!!

Dave......even bots need mending.......ever seen a hydrolic hose burst under pressure......not pretty.

16. HyOnLyph

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Nice to see you LK. Are you typing one handed or index finger only? Hope your hand heals fast.

17. Art-n-Cate

Art-n-Cate Super Member ECF Veteran

In other words, it replaces the bunny? :nun:

18. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    LOL, Cate, it appears so!

Hy, about that speaker swap, I assume it's do-able? :)

19. HyOnLyph

Mar 27, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    [looking at mine to see.....] :matrix:

It appears that the mounting brackets are generic or easily modified. No worries. :thumbs:

We can also go with metal-flake or pearl....

Only problem seems to be that it pops a wheelie if your internet speed is too fast. I installed a wheelie-bar.

20. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    does it do windows? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.