The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is this Safe?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by degrees, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. degrees

degrees New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Hello guys been a long time lurker here and ive been cleaned from cigarette for 7 months now thanks to vaping.

I have a simple question. I made this dual fused clapton (3* 26 g wrapped with 36g ni ) on my Drop RDA and it turned out to be 0.10 ohm build. Now I dont use mech mods, i have 2 regulated box mod that support ohm as low as 0.05 ( DNA 250 Triade and voopoo Drag ) and i have 3 different kind of batteries that i can use .I have Brown LG,Imren green silver and hohm life.And since this is a low build, i am planning to fire this at 100 W ( im love warm to hot vapor) My Questions are, is it safe to fire this Coil? which mod should i use? which batttery provide the best safety for this build ? how does ohm law playout on regulated box mod?

2. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    That is a very low build but as you are using a regulated mod, the mod should refuse to fire if it is too low for it. Too low for me though

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. degrees

degrees New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    i thought about that as well, until i looked at my Voopoo and Triade manuals, they both support ohm as low as 0.05

• Like Like x 2
  4. Skunk!

Skunk! Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    If it is on a regulated it is safe. Sub ohming that low only really would make sense on a mechanical though. Low resistance is the only way to increase power on non regulated devices. On a rsgulated device you can turn up the power and use coils that are larger. Coils that would not even fire on a mechmod work just fine on a regulated. Try some bigger coils I think you will be pleased. 20180228_154944.jpg
    These are .42.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. degrees

degrees New Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Thank you! I might try a higher build next on my dead rabbit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Super Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Regulated mods are pretty safe to experiment on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    As long as the resistance is within the minimum spec of the mod you are fine. A regulated mod will deliver the selected watts, coil resistance does not factor into it. However big low resistance coils will need a lot of power to light up, and will have long ramp up/down times.
    Imren and Holm life are rewraps with exagerated specs, I wouldn't use them. The LGs are good 20 amp batteries good for 60 watts each. So you are safe with either mod at 100 watts, though the Triade will give you more runtime as it has three batteries.

'how does ohm law playout on regulated box mod?'

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/ohms-watts-law-calculating-safe-amp-usage.7562

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/understanding-the-relationship-between-power-and-coil-resistance.7753

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes, I'd say its safe, but you will probably not get the best battery life. The mod should shut down if it's problematic, but you will be running your setup pretty hard at that wattage, even with higher Amp cells. It should be safe to do it, in the sense that hopefully the mod will just refuse to fire if anything does go wrong. I would agree with the three battery mod suggestion, that or running a higher resistance, and stressing your mod and batteries less.

Best of luck,

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.