Is Throat Hit Relative to Nic Level??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa127

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Thanks guys.. That's really helpful because I really want to reduce my nic level but I was so worried about losing the throat hit I'm used to 18mg. But I've tried a couple of juice vendors that don't offer the option to choose my pg/vg levels and I don't think I'm ready for DIY just yet. Any juice vendor suggestions for newbies like me?

nerojrnde

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Elk Grove, CA
I would just try going a bit lower if you want. I have had good results with 12mg with a heavier PG concentration. Just fiddle around and you will find your liquid. It took me quite a while to find the "perfect" liquid for me (which is DK-TAB/DK-BLEND). Everyone is different, you just need to experiment.

I've never heard "genesis". What is that?

Genesis is a style of tank that utilizes a stainless steel wick or mesh wick as it is usually the 300-500 'gauge' range. Instead of using a carto tank it absorbs the juice in the wick and burns through a kenthal/bakero wire set-up. So in essence, it is like a hybrid between tank and re-buildable atomizer. Some of the genesis-style atomizers are the Igo-L 2?, AGA-T2, The Turbine and others.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Several variables to solve your TH question:

1. Nic level (higher increases TH)
2. PG/VG - Higher PG increases TH
3. Delivery device in order of best TH: RBA/RDA's, Carto's, Clearos
4. Wicking in order of best TH: Mesh, Ceramic, cable, cotton, silica
5. Power: You're atomizing the juice, the amount of atomization and heat play a factor. Sometimes, upping the power will improve TH
6. Resistance: in the right setup, lower resistance coils can provide some doozy TH
7. Even Vape Technique can change the TH

This is subjective, so everyone will have a slightly different take on this. Many Vets I have conferred with say you need about 12 - 18 mg to get a good throat hit. You can reduce this a bit with all PG, or even higher PG ratios, and certainly, RBA/RDA's can blow your head off with the right coils, and at lower nic levels, particularly with low Ohm coil setups.

Welcome to VapeQuest. You have the ingredients. You just need to do the mad scientist thing to see what works best for you. Certainly, there is a combination that will allow you to get a great TH with less nicotine. Of course, what's so bad about a little nicotine anyway? Well, that's another thread. Good luck, happy hunting, Power Up and Vape On!

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
At the cottage and have a major major headache but can't take any meds cuz I'm pre-op so I'll make this short.
Began at 36 mg X 50+ ml per week. Vaped 60/ 40 PG/ VG.
Now Vaping 2 mg X 15? ml per week. To a have a TH I now vape 85/15 PG/ VG on a Vamo @ 9 watts. Also sometimes add some menthol to aid in the TH.
I found higher PG and a higher voltage/ wattage aids in the TH. Menthol also helps.
Best of Luck.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
At the cottage and have a major major headache but can't take any meds cuz I'm pre-op so I'll make this short.
Began at 36 mg X 50+ ml per week. Vaped 60/ 40 PG/ VG.
Now Vaping 2 mg X 15? ml per week. To a have a TH I now vape 85/15 PG/ VG on a Vamo @ 9 watts. Also sometimes add some menthol to aid in the TH.
I found higher PG and a higher voltage/ wattage aids in the TH. Menthol also helps.
Best of Luck.

Hope you're ok there Vapor eyes. Good luck with the procedure and will say a prayer. Get better soon and hope you get to feelin' better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread