Issues on smok nord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withoutyouhere

Aug 30, 2019
Hi everyone, im new to vaping scene and have some questions i hope experts here can advise me on that.

I’m running on .6 mesh coil and usin salt nic project ice grape juice and its good and cold the way i like it.

But i changed to another juice which is the ultra cool ice melon salt nic it tasted dry n burnt, it was a new coil tho.

Then i changed to 1.4 coil using ice melon and it was a very burnt n dry hit as well. All the juices i used was 50/50 pg vg

Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks u so much.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
... I’m running on .6 mesh coil and usin salt nic project ice grape juice and its good and cold the way i like it. But i changed to another juice which is the ultra cool ice melon salt nic it tasted dry n burnt, it was a new coil tho. Then i changed to 1.4 coil using ice melon and it was a very burnt n dry hit as well.

Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks u so much.
Yep You Bet!! I might be able to offer some credibility regarding this coz I just recently bought TWENTY new Smok Nord coils in the past couple of weeks from various authorized dealers.

IMO Smok Nord coils are seriously theee worst in the industry. I'm royally ticked off that every 2nd Smok Nord coil is DEFECTIVE or GOES BAD after just a COUPLE of DAYS of use. Many have the same complaint. EACH coil is supposed to last AT LEAST one week, and with a nominal amount of vaping around 1.5 weeks.

Smoktech should NOT be doing this to customers who TRUST them and buy their products. You get a 5-pack for $10 to $15 but in reality you get only two good coils. Smok should know better and should be ashamed of this disservice, inconvenience, and waste of money.

PS >>> if you're a Pod or AIO user, and also ticked off by the low QC of Smok Nord COILS, please email Smoktech Customer Support!!

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Yep You Bet!! I might offer some credibility regarding this coz I just bought TWENTY new Smok Nord coils in the past couple of weeks from various authorized dealers.

IMO Smok Nord coils are seriously theee worst in the industry. I am srsly ticked off that every 2nd Smok Nord coil GOES BAD after just a COUPLE of DAYS of use. Many have the same complaint. EACH coil is supposed to last AT LEAST one week, and with a nominal amount of vaping around 1.5 weeks.

Smoktech should NOT be doing this to customers who TRUST them and buy their products. You get a 5-pack for $10 to $15 but in reality you get only two good coils. Smok should know better and should be ashamed of this disservice, inconvenience, and waste of money.

PS >>> if you're a Pod or AIO user, and also ticked off by the low QC of Smok Nord COILS, please email Smoktech Customer Support!!
but their support really suck ....

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
When I first started vaping (prior to joining ecf) I visited every vape shop I could find. I noticed that every one sold these shiney things called SMOK but I also noticed none of the folks behind the counter used SMOK products to vape. When I'd ask about SMOK stuff it was "well I used to but now I like this brand" with nary an explanation why.

I joined here and noted there were two distinct differences for broken vape threads. Either "I broke my mod by X" or "my SMOK broke".

They seem to have some great ideas but…
They look cool setting on a shelf because they play out in no time it seems.
Shame on SMOK.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Last edited:

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
... They seem to have some great ideas but… They look cool setting on a shelf because they play out in no time it seems. Shame on SMOK.
Agree, but many vapers have Smok gear, and I have several different Nord devices. Batteries, tanks, pods, voltage, technology, firing, and build quality always seems to be "O-K", but IMO Nord coils are the real culprit ~ QC is terrible.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I use the .8 mesh heads in a Bantam Box. I try to use 50PG/50VG nic salts. Density is key, the feed holes are very little. With a new head, I drop 3 drops of ejuice and let it sit. Take a few pulls without pushing the button and then (just before it gets gurgly) start taking slow, long pulls so juice gets in enough quantity. The coils last me about 1 to 2 weeks although it's not my main device.
Bad connections? Take a qtip in everclear and run it through the contacts.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
I might be able to offer some credibility regarding this coz I just recently bought TWENTY new Smok Nord coils in the past couple of weeks from various authorized dealers.

IMO Smok Nord coils are seriously theee worst in the industry. I'm royally ticked off that every 2nd Smok Nord coil is DEFECTIVE or GOES BAD after just a COUPLE of DAYS of use. Many have the same complaint. EACH coil is supposed to last AT LEAST one week, and with a nominal amount of vaping around 1.5 weeks.

I use the .8 mesh heads in a Bantam Box. ... The coils last me about 1 to 2 weeks although it's not my main device.
Agree that a Smok Nord Coils *could* last "1 1/2 weeks" but ONLY if you luck out with a satisfactory QC coil, and it's "NOT your primary device". But, alas, I digress, I just recently bought TWENTY Smok Nord coils and every other coil still goes bad within a couple days, produces burnt or tasteless vape, or is defective.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know that to be the case, there is actually (I believe) an official thread on it, but there are also lots of threads of folks having problems.

Given you tried it with two coils... IDK some juices don't play well with some coils. You could have a defective coil (or two in a row I guess) but if you have a third juice or can get one maybe try that. IDK. Not really a pod person.

Good luck though,
Anna

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Yeah, as Stols001 said, try a different device. The juice might be great, but doesn't play well with that coil...
Just make sure your not trying a TFV8, TFV12, tfv16, or any other Smok coil. They all suck, from what I hear.
What does a drop out of the bottle taste like?
Also, 50/50? RTFM. NORD manual says 70/30.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Yeah, as Stols001 said, try a different device. The juice might be great, but doesn't play well with that coil... NORD manual says 70/30.
Smoktech advertising & marketing and all dealers depict the Smok Nord as ideal for any & all nicQuids regardless of VG/PG ratio or vaping style, hence FOUR different styles & oHm resistence of coils offered. How many people read a manual BEFORE purchase?

Smok should RESPECT the fact that if the OP buys Smok Nord products (& millions of other consumers) they should work at minimum for MORE than a couple of days regardless of eLiquid or coil, and it shouldn't be necessary to "try a different device". We'd like to use the device we just bought!

IMO it's an extreme disservice to buy/invest in a device, compatible coils, have it not work within a couple of days, and then forced to go and try a different device, or change coils every day!:mad:
...any other Smok coil. They all suck, from what I hear.
CRAP!!:-x OK enough venting for a while... dealing with Smok makes me wanna light a cig!:eek:

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Smoktech advertising & marketing and all dealers depict the Smok Nord as ideal for any & all nicQuids regardless of VG/PG ratio or vaping style, hence FOUR different styles of coils offered. How many people read a manual BEFORE purchase?

Smok should RESPECT the fact that if the OP buys Smok Nord products (& millions of other consumers) they should work at minimum for MORE than a couple of days regardless of eLiquid or coil, and it shouldn't be necessary to "try a different device". We'd like to use the device we just bought!

IMO it's an extreme disservice to buy/invest in a device, compatible coils, have it not work within a couple of days, and then forced to go and try a different device, or change coils every day!:mad:CRAP!!:-x OK enough venting for a while... dealing with Smok makes me wanna light a cig!:eek:
That's like asking why my lambo can't run in mulit-class circuit races, I don't care that is a tractor, it's a lambo, damnit!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yeah, as Stols001 said, try a different device. The juice might be great, but doesn't play well with that coil...
Just make sure your not trying a TFV8, TFV12, tfv16, or any other Smok coil. They all suck, from what I hear.
What does a drop out of the bottle taste like?
Also, 50/50? RTFM. NORD manual says 70/30.
Oh, god, no! It starts tasting burned. At least in my experience with my first coils. I had to take it down to 50/50 for them to wick correctly.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
That's like asking why my lambo can't run in mulit-class circuit races, I don't care that is a tractor, it's a lambo, damnit!
Factories do have quality issues, and Smok is one of the main offenders. Sincerely in the years I've used them is often a hit and miss. I've suspected (as some other heads) that there are first and second rate heads. Try buying from a different vendor. A different variety of head.
I'm not saying that Smok many times has made a subpar product. But this has always happened. Not with everything, but certainly it's not the first time. Bad batches happen.

• Agree

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Back in the day... the SMOK carto's were the bomb!
Since then, they have fallen to the bottom of the list.
I have gotten 3 Nord's, one died (the wife's).

I have extra pods which come with the great coils.. But even I knew when I got these things not to buy the replacement SMOK coils...

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9698429 <

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Factories do have quality issues, and Smok is one of the main offenders. Sincerely in the years I've used them is often a hit and miss. I've suspected (as some other heads) that there are first and second rate heads. Try buying from a different vendor. A different variety of head.
I'm not saying that Smok many times has made a subpar product. But this has always happened. Not with everything, but certainly it's not the first time. Bad batches happen.
No doubt, but my point was that it's unrealistic to expect one coil to wick 100% VG as well as it can wick 65%PG/35%VG, or not leak with the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread