iStick vs Vaporshark and Nautilus vs Kayfun Lite Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

goofy2302

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I own an IStick and top it with authentic Russian 91......same thing as a Kayfun.
IMHO its an unbeatable pair. I used to have a nautilus mini on my Istick and that was nice but ever since the Russian....the Mini is sitting in the closet
When i was using the Nautilus mini.....i would be replacing coils every couple of days due to the juice clogging the wick......then i learned how to rebuild the BVC coils myself...and never looked back.....the flavor is the same and the coils last longer with Japanese cotton then the fiberglass that comes in them originally.
Here is my issue with devices like the Istick:
They are great until the day that the internal battery starts degrading and not holding the same charge. Then you have two choices. If you are technically savvy, you can probably replace the battery yourself and life is good. If you're not you need to buy a new istick.

The more i research and read, I think a device like rDNA is much more cost effective down the road, as they have user replaceable batteries. Batteries dont cost $40

deadmeadow

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
USA
I own an IStick and top it with authentic Russian 91......same thing as a Kayfun.
IMHO its an unbeatable pair. I used to have a nautilus mini on my Istick and that was nice but ever since the Russian....the Mini is sitting in the closet
When i was using the Nautilus mini.....i would be replacing coils every couple of days due to the juice clogging the wick......then i learned how to rebuild the BVC coils myself...and never looked back.....the flavor is the same and the coils last longer with Japanese cotton then the fiberglass that comes in them originally.
Here is my issue with devices like the Istick:
They are great until the day that the internal battery starts degrading and not holding the same charge. Then you have two choices. If you are technically savvy, you can probably replace the battery yourself and life is good. If you're not you need to buy a new istick.

The more i research and read, I think a device like rDNA is much more cost effective down the road, as they have user replaceable batteries. Batteries dont cost $40

Thanks. :) I'm definitely getting a kayfun style tank. I hear the vape clouds are amazing too.

What do you mean by japanese cotton? I did a search on ebay and it shows me a bunch of square pads? Do they work better than cottonballs?
Do you just cut off a little piece of the square and roll it up and slide it inside the coil?

deadmeadow

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
USA
In case you didn't notice I edited a post on page 4 and added a picture.

That setup looks beautiful. :)
I assume that is the original size cana clone and not the mini? As that site only sells the full size one from a U.S. warehouse otherwise they have to ship it overseas?
If the kayfun v2 is shorter than would probably suit me best as I will be getting the full size one and not the mini I think because I don't want to wait. I hope it will still fit in my pocket okay..

I'd like to use the clear tank for it too but I just wish it was pyrex and not whatever plastic it is made out of.. I'm ordering a sample pack from Five Pawns too and they have a lot of different kind of sweet flavors in their juices and I hope it doesn't crack.

Smann245

Aug 16, 2014
USA
It's not the mini. The only issue I have with mine is the connector is brass and the positive pin is not adjustable. The stainless steel threads on a kayfun will rip the threads right out of a brass connector if you're not careful. A lot of mod makers use brass connectors and I hate it. One of the reasons I got the mod I did is the aluminum around the connector is thick. Removing the stock connector, using a tap to cut the appropriate threading into the case, then screwing a fatdaddyvapes or varitube 510 directly into the case provides a permanent and professional looking fix. The connectors I speak of fit perfectly in the recessed well of the hana case, they're made of stainless steel and have chunky positive pins that are spring loaded so everything screws down flush. It's really a bullet proof connector and the hana case seems to be made for them. A hana modz style mod can be built to be even better than an authentic.

Smann245

Aug 16, 2014
USA
I installed one on my MVP2. It fits the hana box even better.
7YMo5ki.jpg

HXdDREf.jpg

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
For someone like me that went from ego twists to an MVP2 to an Istick (and bought 2 more for friends) I love that little Istick. I run it with nautilus minis and a veritas rda clone with 28g or 32g kanthal wicked with organic cotton. Yes the Istick is over powered but knowing that I just run it lower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

goofy2302

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Thanks. :) I'm definitely getting a kayfun style tank. I hear the vape clouds are amazing too.

What do you mean by japanese cotton? I did a search on ebay and it shows me a bunch of square pads? Do they work better than cottonballs?
Do you just cut off a little piece of the square and roll it up and slide it inside the coil?

Yes the japanese cotton will come in pads.
I find it easier to work with, simply because of the fact that i rebuild my bvc coils. Regular cotton is to "puffy" for that purpose
Yes if you use japanese cotton you just slightly roll up one end and pull the rest gently through the coil

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I have been using the iStick for two weeks and last night decided to order the VS DNA 30. I have been using the Nautilus Mini on the iStick, but I plan on using my black Kayfun 3.1 clone most often on the VS. Most people seem happy with the iStick but some of us have had issues....I just decided it was worth it to spend a little more for the VS' quality and consistency.

For my coils I have been using Cotton Bacon...that is great stuff! I highly recommend it.

ilmostro99

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Feltwell, Engalnd
I try to live by the saying that....."a poor man pays twice." I kind of hate saying that, because it makes me look like I'm rolling in the dough. That is not the case. I went with Kayfun, because even though it was a lot more than a tank, I will save money in the long run by building my own coils. I went with an authentic Kayfun because in all the research I've done, it seems like many clones are "hit or miss". A lot of people have had no issues with their clones, but it seems just as many have had issues. I've never had an issue with my authentic Kayfun from the very first build.
As for the battery, I haven't yet used the iStick or VaporShark yet. I was debating which one to buy recently, and I decided to go with the VaporShark. It should be here any day now. Again, I chose to go with quality.
To sum this up, I think the saying "a poor man pays twice" really pays off, but only if you are spending money on quality instead or for the latest "fashion."
I don't know, or want to know, your financial situation, but I think you'll be most happy if you purchase the best QUALITY you can afford.
my :2c:

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I would agree with the above post. Really I buy good batteries and clone tanks. I was raised to look at the cheapest then look at the most expensive and then buy the one in the middle. In this case I would say the VS is the middle. They have dropped the price since the rdna 40 is coming out. As for a tank places have discount codes. Mt Baker sells a Russian I think and they have a 10‰ code you can use. I use my kanger heads that I rebuild, a natalus mini and have now found the elgerkongin clone that I really love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread