It came in the mail last night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jburbs38

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Taftville, CT, United States
Received my first Reo last night. It is awesome! Now I understand what the hype is all about. I can finally taste my juices the way they were meant to taste. Throat hit, wow I guess I never really knew what a good throat hit was. I may have to lower the nicotine content in the juices I order from now on, I got a little dizzy last night while chain vaping. Amazing!! Thanks Rob, great customer service and a terrific mod. Now I have to look for a place to store all my genesis style rba's and tube mods, don't think I will be getting much use out of them any more.

20131219_112409.jpg
I tried to go for a brushed brass finish on the RM2. Didn't come out too bad. Over heated it a little on the base and caused some de-alloying into what looks like pure copper.

20131216_141506.jpg 20131216_141616.jpg
Looking for criticism's on my first micro-coil build on my RM2. Don't go easy on me I can take it! :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Received my first Reo last night. It is awesome! Now I understand what the hype is all about. I can finally taste my juices the way they were meant to taste. Throat hit, wow I guess I never really knew what a good throat hit was. I may have to lower the nicotine content in the juices I order from now on, I got a little dizzy last night while chain vaping. Amazing!! Thanks Rob, great customer service and a terrific mod. Now I have to look for a place to store all my genesis style RBA's and tube mods, don't think I will be getting much use out of them any more.

View attachment 285508
I tried to go for a brushed brass finish on the RM2. Didn't come out too bad. Over heated it a little on the base and caused some de-alloying into what looks like pure copper.

View attachment 285514 View attachment 285516
Looking for criticism's on my first micro-coil build on my RM2. Don't go easy on me I can take it! :)

I bought a Kayfun Lite 3-1/2 months ago and immediately put my Gennies up for sale. Good thing because anyone who has bought a Kayfun (or REO) has done the same thing. There is a glut of Gennies on the market. few people want them anymore.

Good luck with your microcoil. They're easy. Go on youtube and look up vids. There are tons of them.

jburbs38

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Coil does look good as does the Reo. Congrats man your badge should be here soon. How does it feel to be a Reonaut as opposed to a Reonaught? I know it was the one of the best days of my vaping life.

It feels awesome. My sqounking technique leaves a little to be desired. But I'll figure it out eventually.

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
Welcome to REOville! :)

Now you now know beyond doubt why I always call REOville a happy place. :)

Nice color combo. Real close to one of my firsts. Really nice job on the brass. (You got skills)

That's a real nice looking coil (you've done this before). From what I can see in the pic's I would guess your resistance is just about perfect for the stock RM2 air hole. If you're getting good flavor and throat hit then you're there. The distance of your coil away from the air hole is what’s giving you your throat hit.

I have found that Coil position in relation to the air hole really makes all the difference. I like to position the coil right in front of the air hole (dead center) and as close as I can get without touching the cap. I get totally off the hook flavor with that recipe. Depending on the juice, I then raise the coil a little at a time until I reach the desired throat hit.

jburbs38

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Welcome to REOville! :)

Now you now know beyond doubt why I always call REOville a happy place. :)

Nice color combo. Real close to one of my firsts. Really nice job on the brass. (You got skills)

That's a real nice looking coil (you've done this before). From what I can see in the pic's I would guess your resistance is just about perfect for the stock RM2 air hole. If you're getting good flavor and throat hit then you're there. The distance of your coil away from the air hole is what’s giving you your throat hit.

I have found that Coil position in relation to the air hole really makes all the difference. I like to position the coil right in front of the air hole (dead center) and as close as I can get without touching the cap. I get totally off the hook flavor with that recipe. Depending on the juice, I then raise the coil a little at a time until I reach the desired throat hit.

Thanks for the compliments and the info. This is my third micro coil. I switched to micro coils in my genny's with a lot of success. Mostly learned from SuperX's video. As far as the RM2 finish, I worked for 7 years in my youth in a buffing and polishing department at a large lighting manufacturer. So yes I have some skills and knlowedge from that. It felt good to be able to use that again. I love this mod and am happy to be residing in Reoville!

edricketts

Nov 16, 2013
Orlando
Thanks for the compliments and the info. This is my third micro coil. I switched to micro coils in my genny's with a lot of success. Mostly learned from SuperX's video. As far as the RM2 finish, I worked for 7 years in my youth in a buffing and polishing department at a large lighting manufacturer. So yes I have some skills and knlowedge from that. It felt good to be able to use that again. I love this mod and am happy to be residing in Reoville!

Welcome to the club! I've only been here a month, but I know you'll find like I did that it gets better every week! You have really good taste, I see, because we have the same Reo :)

I'm just trying not to get jealous that your third microcoil looks better than my 30th. Awesome work!

jburbs38

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
WELCOME TO REOVILLE! Here's your badge. Wear it proudly. Don't forget garbage pick up is Wednesday in Reoville. Don't put it in the road just on the edge of your lawn. Any questions that you have just post here and fellow Reonauts will try their best to help out.
rEONAUT%20bADGE-S.jpg

Thank You Itrainer I was waiting for that!

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia

Your Reo looks really nice! I've had mine for only 4 days and it has totally exceeded my expectations :)

I read a thread here a day or so ago that there is some copper plating and then you get into solid brass, but I can't remember which thread. Ahhh here it is. Might be worth asking someone for confirmation before going ahead, just to be sure :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread