It happened!!! A stranger asked me to bum juice today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
... i... wow... that is something... last sunday i was at the bar watching the bears make horrible decisions against the lions... still sore about that game... anyways, there was a guy at the bar with a mvp and a hypertank, i had my ego v v2 mega with my mini protank2 went over and made a quick little chit chat before running back to my fam in the lounge non bar area... and two things really got me...

first i asked him about his set up and how he liked it and he said he didnt know what it was, what it did, etc, seemed oblivious, i mean i get not knowing everything about a device or set up, but not even knowing what its called... then the second thing was him talking about his buddy who diys bragging about making liquid at 50mg... :shock::danger::danger::shock:

one person vaping 50mg is bad but he was saying his buddy makes it for other people...

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I was outside a store vaping away on my bolt, and a guy with an MVP asked if he could have some juice. Sadly, I left the juice in my car... But, I'm so excited that we're finally to smoker status.

That is Great! You didn't give him any did you? Wait is it never give Juice to a stranger or Never take Juice from a Stranger?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Okay, the hypo to pull it out of the bloodstream I get ... what's the screwdriver for?

You wouldn't get near me trying to take blood :D
Doctors take enough of that and I don't like it done there either.

I usually have 2 mods each with 3ml RBA's on them. I really only need 3ml for a whole day, the other mod/tank is for backup and flavor variety.

Screwdriver is to pull the fill screw, hypo to pull some liquid. I generally have a Swiss Army Knife with a screwdriver so the hypo small enough to go into the hole is the real problem. The squeeze bottles I have probably aren't small enough.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
To be honest, one of the things I like most about vaping is that people stopped bumming from me. With cigs at $8 per pack, I got to the point where I would adjust my breaks to smoke by myself so I wasn't handing them out to the people who "forgt to buy some this morning" or "just ran out" every day. For god's sake if you're going to pick up a habit you had better be able to support it on your own.
That said, I would probably help a fellow vaper out of a bind seeing as vaping supplies are not as easy to come by as cigs, but if it became a regular occurrence I would be forced back to my reclusive ways lol.

OhmTheWatt

Oct 16, 2013
To be honest, one of the things I like most about vaping is that people stopped bumming from me. With cigs at $8 per pack, I got to the point where I would adjust my breaks to smoke by myself so I wasn't handing them out to the people who "forgt to buy some this morning" or "just ran out" every day. For god's sake if you're going to pick up a habit you had better be able to support it on your own.
That said, I would probably help a fellow vaper out of a bind seeing as vaping supplies are not as easy to come by as cigs, but if it became a regular occurrence I would be forced back to my reclusive ways lol.

I never understood that about smoking culture. When I see someone in desperate need of something they are addicted to I think it's a sales opportunity not a time for charity.

I never smoked cigs but have long contemplated carrying around a pack to sell loosies to people trying to bum them from me.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I never understood that about smoking culture. When I see someone in desperate need of something they are addicted to I think it's a sales opportunity not a time for charity.

:facepalm:

I never smoked cigs but have long contemplated carrying around a pack to sell loosies to people trying to bum them from me.

Oh dear...

heroinesick

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Louisville, KY
Weird. If I even see people vaping what I consider sub-par juice, I've been known to hand out 30 ml bottles of Roar juice. I have given away a gallon bag that was half full of random juices I didn't want anymore because I didn't like them three or four times so far. I'd rather give away juice, than watch someone smoke themselves to death slowly. :T

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
I've had a bum on the street try to bum a vape from me before. Not gonna happen!
I have a few people at work who vape and ask me for juice all the time. I tell them I didn't bring any with me. I have big tanks on all of my batteries so I really don't need to carry bottles with me. I keep my juices in my purse in my locker.
I also have been carrying cards of local vape shops I visit and hand them out at work.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Weird. If I even see people vaping what I consider sub-par juice, I've been known to hand out 30 ml bottles of Roar juice. I have given away a gallon bag that was half full of random juices I didn't want anymore because I didn't like them three or four times so far. I'd rather give away juice, than watch someone smoke themselves to death slowly. :T

And what exactly do you consider "sub-par"? Do you actually tell them that is the reason you are giving it to them? I'm all about PIF, but that's a bit different than a mooch or some random vaper approaching you for a consumable. It's not like asking for a cig where you have a choice of menthol or not, lights or full flavor. We are talking an immense number of variables. "Hey bud, would you mind if I bummed some of your liquid? What mg is it? Fruit flavor, tobacco or dessert? With or without menthol? What is the ratio of PG and VG? Is it steeped?" It just seems like a strange thing to ask a stranger for. Maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread