Can't believe somebody actually asked me this yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_dyno

ECF Veteran
So we had a 10 minute break from class, my friend and i both stepped out to vape for a few minutes. It was around 7:30 pm and the campus was starting to clear out, we're just standing there vaping when we see someone approaching us and asks "hey, could i bum a cig from either of you"? We just both stare at each other clearly thinking does this guy not see that we are using mods. So we tell the guy "we don't smoke, we vape, sorry". He then says, "well could i get a couple of hits of that"? My friend and look at one another once more thinking is this guy for real? There was a awkward silence for a few seconds before he says "nevermind, i have a :censored: in the car, heading there now". We were both just like did this really just happen?

Did anyone else ever have a total stranger ask to try their vape?

Last edited by a moderator:

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
All the time. Not like that but tons of curious smokers. Sometimes I will pull out an extra drip tip I have on me and let them but generally I just tell them where the local vapor shop is and tell them they can try as much as they want there. Then I encourage them to switch and tell them about my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

da_dyno

ECF Veteran
Thats smart. None of my friends ask to try my vape except for one. Last week we were shooting pool and i set my vape one a table right behind us. He just walks over grabs it and starts vaping. He doesn't own a vape, and he never smoked before. Now he's saying he wants to buy one so i suggested he starts with ego ctwist and work his way up. His answer was "hell no man, i want one like that, one that makes a lot of smoke". I just ignored the comment and now keep my vape in my pocket when he is around.

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
Nobody has ever even looked at mine twice, except one time a bouncer tried to tell me it was against state law to vape in his club. Hey man, if you don't want me to vape in here, fine, but no need to make stuff up.

When I'm over at my friend's house who also vapes, we just put both our mods on the table or w/e and take pulls off whatever one we want.

Edit: I would gladly give a stranger a couple pulls off my vape. They're not going to hurt it or me or use a significant amount of juice. I know what it's like to be craving nic, and I've bummed cigs before.

Last edited:

Jenn Perry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't been asked to have someone try mine and most likely I wouldn't allow anyone to vape on my PV without a sanitary cover. even then I would have second thoughts. I do have the safety covers with me just in case. but if it a complete stranger uhhhh NO WAY IN HELL...no telling what germs they may be carrying and to be honest I just finished chemo so I am more suseptable to anyone who is sick. kinda gross anyway if you ask e. But if it were someone I knew sure but with another tip not the one I use then into boiling water it would go.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So we had a 10 minute break from class, my friend and i both stepped out to vape for a few minutes. It was around 7:30 pm and the campus was starting to clear out, we're just standing there vaping when we see someone approaching us and asks "hey, could i bum a cig from either of you"? We just both stare at each other clearly thinking does this guy not see that we are using mods. So we tell the guy "we don't smoke, we vape, sorry". He then says, "well could i get a couple of hits of that"? My friend and look at one another once more thinking is this guy for real? There was a awkward silence for a few seconds before he says "nevermind, i have a :censored: in the car, heading there now". We were both just like did this really just happen?

Did anyone else ever have a total stranger ask to try their vape?

Lol "can I taste yo juice".

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I've never had anyone ask but I have offered to let people try my gear whenever someone asks if it works to quit cigarettes. I carry friend tips, extra cartridges for my eRoll and those little packages of alcohol wipes. I only vape my eRoll in public places but I nearly always carry my VV 3.0 with a Vision Aurora topped with an HH.357 as well as an NJOY King in my purse so people can try those.

I also carry cards with info about where to buy the stuff as well as CASA and ECF links. If they like the flavor of what's in the eRoll cartridge and want to get one of those I just give them the cartridge.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Never had anyone ask to vape my PV but um the other day I ended up having to take the REO out of the house. At a stoplight I pick it up and take a vape. When I roll on I see lights and sirens behind me. YUP I am getting pulled over by a cop. He thought my REO was a cell phone. It was rather funny actually.

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina
I usually keep a few homemade drip tip covers with me for this purpose. (Carto condoms with a hole poked in the middle, they work well and I get tons with cartos that I use for my carto tanks) I regularly attend various craft beer festivals, and typically I will be asked about vaping several times at each one. I also carry a few cards from various vendors that I order from to hand out to those interested. Most of the cards have some basic information about vaping on the back of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread