iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group: Compiled List of Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa Da Tay

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
Austin, Texas
Thanks everyone for your comments. I forgot to mention that my original motivation for doing this was to gear up for my mvp 2 (and first box mod) that I ordered which will be arriving today! I'll be updating the main post here as more unfolds in the other thread. Also as a note, I purposefully omitted any info about best vendors/deals for the mvp because as we all know those change constantly. I would look to the main thread to find current info about deals and such.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Thanks everyone for your comments. I forgot to mention that my original motivation for doing this was to gear up for my mvp 2 (and first box mod) that I ordered which will be arriving today! I'll be updating the main post here as more unfolds in the other thread. Also as a note, I purposefully omitted any info about best vendors/deals for the mvp because as we all know those change constantly. I would look to the main thread to find current info about deals and such.

You did us all a favor. Thank you and forget about any criticism with spelling etc.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
An addition I forgot to include...

As many (all?) got a iClear 30 with their MVP2, and may be using one for the first time ever... a few tips, some have been stated before, a few may be new to you.

1. Draw too tight? Disassemble to just the base, and CAREFULLY drill out the side 510 holes. You can start at 3/64" and see how it vapes for you... I've gone to 3/32". (Go slow... unless you want to remove the coil tail retention pin and bottom seal, you don't want to drill into them)

2. The usual about pulling the coil tail retention pin down a little bit - if you don't have good electrical contact.

3. More of the usual... over-tightening the tank/caps/coil head will do more harm than good to the sealing o-rings. Snug is better than tight.

4. If you have the "roll n' pull" talent, replacing the silica wicks with cotton - rolled small enough so they are almost no drag when you feed them through the coils - you may (subjective) notice a marked improvement in flavor.

5. Re-coiling a iClear 30 head? Yes, it can be done, but considering how fiddly and time consuming it is, replacements are such a good deal.

That's about it... take it for what it is and do with it what you will. :)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks State O'Flux, mine should be here tomorrow....excited!!!!!
They are a nice, do it all (well, within the limits of peak power output at least) APV - well built, sturdy, reliable and easy to use. It amazes me that some retailers can sell them for $40 and make a profit. :blink:

The only real issues, and mostly for those that are used to the air flow of RD & RBAs, are the poor air flow with certain types of attys - and the excessively deep 510 pin. A drill fixes one, while pulling or adjusting the atty center pin (or ground collar) fixes the other.

I've been having an e-mail chat with an Innokin engineer, off and on for the past few weeks regarding the deep 510 pin. They're undecided yet whether to use a taller fixed pin (bringing the contact to around a .150"-.160" depth), or start using a spring loaded pin... or just shorten the 510 ground collar (which is what I did with mine) but I'm guessing they'll do something before the year is out.
Certainly not a reason to wait... just that they do pay attention to their customers. Perhaps why they are IMO, the cutting edge of modestly priced APVs. :)

Sa Da Tay

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
Austin, Texas
They are a nice, do it all (well, within the limits of peak power output at least) APV - well built, sturdy, reliable and easy to use. It amazes me that some retailers can sell them for $40 and make a profit. :blink:

The only real issues, and mostly for those that are used to the air flow of RD & RBAs, are the poor air flow with certain types of attys - and the excessively deep 510 pin. A drill fixes one, while pulling or adjusting the atty center pin (or ground collar) fixes the other.

I've been having an e-mail chat with an Innokin engineer, off and on for the past few weeks regarding the deep 510 pin. They're undecided yet whether to use a taller fixed pin (bringing the contact to around a .150"-.160" depth), or start using a spring loaded pin... or just shorten the 510 ground collar (which is what I did with mine) but I'm guessing they'll do something before the year is out.
Certainly not a reason to wait... just that they do pay attention to their customers. Perhaps why they are IMO, the cutting edge of modestly priced APVs. :)

You just dropped some science up in here.

I'm planning to update the doc soon, thinking of losing all the quotes and making it more of a standard guide. It would be great to get help from you all, if anything just to read and make sure everything is factual.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
You just dropped some science up in here.

I'm planning to update the doc soon, thinking of losing all the quotes and making it more of a standard guide. It would be great to get help from you all, if anything just to read and make sure everything is factual.
You could always condense it and turn it into a blog. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread