iTaste SVD problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician480

May 6, 2013
Baltimore
Hey everyone. I bought an iTaste SVD about a week ago and it was working great. But now when I press the fire button it doesn't always light up. Ill have to press it 10 or morw times before it works for me sometimes. Its very sparatic and doesn't work everytime. Also sometimes now when I get it to work it will just turn off in the middle of holding the button. It started this today.

Any ideas what it is? My new tank, batteries, and flavors just arrived today to and out of all times now is when it gives me issues!! Ahhh :(

Electrician480

May 6, 2013
Baltimore
oooook and now its working :2cool: but I am still confused.... does it have something to do with the dual coil? or maybe the wattage? I noticed when I put in my 2250 mah battery that the amperage jumped up to 2.5A from 1.5A from my 800mah battery

is there a chart or anything with good settings to keep the SVD running at? maybe I had the settings to low for the DC ?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Yeah, we'll need to know more information. What tank are you using on it. What's the actual tested resistance of the coils?

1.5 ohms and above will fire just fine on the SVD. Start getting lower than that, and you're going to have issues. 1.2 ohm and it flat refuses to fire on mine.

Electrician480

May 6, 2013
Baltimore
Here's what I got on it right now. I did not build them myself.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=UDCT-TC
https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EF65022FT
SMOKTech 510 Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer - 5 Pack

I had dropped it once on the concrete but it was only from about 2 ft. It worked after this and was actually hitting harder but upon getting home it just won't fire.

If on the SVD the U is the symbol they use for ohms instead of Ω then it is ohmed at 3.6 currently.

It doesn't turn on or turn off easily like it should either. click it 3 times and nothing happens so it's hard to tell whether its even on or not now. I just click it a bunch and hold the button and wait to see if it will light up for me. It randomly will light up and start heating sometimes but not like it should.

I figured when I dropped it it didn't do much harm since it worked for about 3 hours afterwards.

Any other info you need?

Also, when it hit the ground it landed almost perfectly horizontal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread