Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I feel like the SVD is too long, but that is my personal opinion. Its a solid built device, A+ reviews.
The MVP (even though u didnt ask about it) is another sweet device with GOOD reviews.
If I had to choose between the 2, I would pick the MVP on looks alone. I hate the SVD's hieroglyphics too.

Between the MVP and the Zmax telescopic, I'd pick the Zmax telescopic.
The Zmax is a more worth-while device, when you compare the chips.
But the MVP has the added bonus of being able to charge your cellphone (if I'm remembering right...)
The MVP also cannot reach 6 volts, and its not VW, just VV... Which, eh, not cool.

Between the Zmax and the Evic, I personally picked the evic. I wanted the bells and whistles.
(for the fun factor) I also like the way the evic looks... and the fact that u can make it an 18350 device.

For a cheaper alternative to the Zmax, the new Smoktech SID just came out (@ $45, its a steal)
The SID looks just like the evic without the rocker wheel or the big screen.
Its got the screen/button of the Zmax. I'm guessing its going to turn out to be a nice low priced device.

deweylasv

Jul 18, 2011
Las Vegas
SVD is the best ever! For $100 you get the device, two itaste 3.0's clearo's and 3 refills! Awesome dual coil tanks clearo's, they are! Also, the SVD is built like a tank, all stainless steel! You can vape any 501 AND authentic ego threaded carts! Simply remove (or not) the ring. I've screwed on my ego carts without removing the ring, because it (the ring) is set on its own threads! I've researched the Evic too, but it seemed weak in comparison, nice though. But I went with the SVD, almost got the MVP, but the MVP doesn't have the watts, but the MVP does have the pass-thru capabilities, but I got the SVD because of the wattage feature, and with 18650 batts, you can vape for about 2-3 days, chain vaping too! The wattage is awesome! You simply choose your wattage, and from that point on, any ohm cart you use, it'll vape at your perfect wattage set, so the ohms don't matter so much anymore, that's my understanding of it. However, you may adjust anyway, to find your sweet spot for each cart. My vote is for the SVD, hands down, especially on the great deal they are. In my opinion, your only paying about $70 for the SVD, with all the accessories you get free!

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
I have an SVD and it is very well made, seems very rugged and durable and is quite user friendly as far as the controls. Only downsize as far as I am concerned is that it is quite large which is a factor to consider if you intend to carry it around in public. Doesn't lend itself well to pocket carry. Upside I suppose is that it could be used as a defensive weapon if need be :) One comment I have to make though is I don't get the same amount of battery life out of mine than other people seem to. I only use 18650 batts in mine and will go through 2 batts a day sometimes if I am using that to vape exclusively. This could be more of a criticism of how much I vape though, certainly not a criticism of the device. That doesn't really concern me though as I always have extra batts on hand. I would strongly endorse this product bearing in mind the size issue if that concerns you.

Stanley LaysaHill

Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
Well I for one own an svd and I love it. Plus you can get one for 60 on fasttech the full clearomizer kit or the bare bones for 38ish. Takes some time but good deal. I am very happy. If you can watch the pbursardo review of both on YouTube he goes really in depth on both devices. That is how I decided personally. That being said my next vape purchase will be an evic just because I want a few and it is a solid device as well.

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
I've got both the eVic and the SVD and I prefer the SVD even in it's longest form - and that's baton sized. I just never took the time to deal with the eVic menu, way too much info or settings for me to deal with. With the SVD, I got it set 1x and then just cut off the menu, never having to set it again.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I think it's a matter of preference on your end - what's important to you?

The Evic has more "gadget" to it - the software side is unique. If you're going to enjoy connecting your PV to a computer and tweaking the settings, making personal adjustments to it (I think you can set it to alter voltage DURING a draw according to a customized preference) - then there you go - you need the EVIC.

The SVD is really SOLID, especially for its price point. I don't have any build flaws in mine, and I love the size and look. It's got a "tougher" look than many other mods with similar features, and so far, it's living up to its look.

In a contest, it depends what kind of contest:

Math contest: EVIC wins
Bash them against each other: SVD wins
:toast:

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
I think it's a matter of preference on your end - what's important to you?

The Evic has more "gadget" to it - the software side is unique. If you're going to enjoy connecting your PV to a computer and tweaking the settings, making personal adjustments to it (I think you can set it to alter voltage DURING a draw according to a customized preference) - then there you go - you need the EVIC.

The SVD is really SOLID, especially for its price point. I don't have any build flaws in mine, and I love the size and look. It's got a "tougher" look than many other mods with similar features, and so far, it's living up to its look.

In a contest, it depends what kind of contest:

Math contest: EVIC wins
Bash them against each other: SVD wins
:toast:

This sums it up much better that I could =]

InTheClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Murphy, NC, USA
I have and SVD, it is a good mod but... it is not comfortable in my hand. Where the battery tubes attach to the main body has a sharpish edge, it this had ben polished I would have liked it a lot more. I just bought the MVP, this little unit is amazing. Great tasting vape, lots of vapor and the battery is amazing. I tend to chain vape and can vape all day without a charge. Love the MVP. The only step up I would make from here is a Provari when I can afford one. The MVP is very reasonably priced, I paid $59.99.

belsenj

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
East Northport, NY USA
I would have to say I like the SVD over the Evic. I have both. I cannot stand the Evic bottom cap threading!!!!
Over time, I will be digging a hole right into my batteries. The Evic is too lightweight for me. I guess I have gotten used to the weight of the SVD and I really do prefer it. The weight is more even in your hands...unlike the Evic which can get very top heavy.

The menus...I much prefer the 3 button off/on with the SVD. I also like that I can lock the menu. The Evic menu is cumbersome.

The ability to use all 3 different size batteries with SVD is great. I can switch to my 350's or 490 with ease, even when driving. Not so with the Evic.

2 different animals, but overall, the SVD is a much better quality device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread