Innokin Itaste SVD or EVIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gal66stang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Austin
Okay, I have just about window shopped myself to death! About to take the plunge...taking a poll now before I buy.

Evic (mini-fied) or Innokin itaste SVD?

If you have experience with both, your preference and why would be helpful. I've seen a lot of postive feedback on the evic, but haven't seen much on the Itaste SVD yet. But other Innokin products seem to do well.

For me, $100 is a good bit of cash to drop on a mod...but the way I look at it, I've dropped about that buying other batteries/mods so hopefully, this next purchase will be my last on a device for a while.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Half of what you're looking for here...

Evic is a great little marvel. I've had one since it came out. I enjoy vaping with it and have had no problems. The lazy way of vaping...
Positive: purchased as a kit device/battery/charger, numerous alternatives/accessories because of the 510 connection (short battery cases for small batteries to long battery cases for longer batteries), upgradable firmware, vv and vw, can vape while charging (pseudo-passthrough), display, ohm reader, I find myself vaping on watts to finely tune the voltage.
Drawbacks are: maxed at 5volts/11watts, can't fire anything under 1.5ohms (using tank cartomizers 1.7+ single/dual coil). So, if you're thinking of using it on rebuildables make sure your ohms are 1.7+ (defeats the purpose of having an rba), not built like a tank.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Evics are fragile little things, and with so many bells and whistles, something's bound to go wrong. Drop it, it might never work the same again.

My vote is for the iTaste MVP. Those things are freakin' durable, rugged as hell, and the charge on them is ridiculously huge. A buddy of mine bought his on a Saturday, vaped it constantly, and didn't have to recharge it until Wednesday. Seriously.

gal66stang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Austin
Last edited:

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota

Evic is a great little marvel. I've had one since it came out. I enjoy vaping with it and have had no problems. The lazy way of vaping...
Positive: purchased as a kit device/battery/charger, numerous alternatives/accessories because of the 510 connection (short battery cases for small batteries to long battery cases for longer batteries), upgradable firmware, vv and vw, can vape while charging (pseudo-passthrough), display, ohm reader, I find myself vaping on watts to finely tune the voltage.
Drawbacks are: maxed at 5volts/11watts, can't fire anything under 1.5ohms (using tank cartomizers 1.7+ single/dual coil). So, if you're thinking of using it on rebuildables make sure your ohms are 1.7+ (defeats the purpose of having an rba), not built like a tank.

My evic is firing a 1.2 ohm as I'm typing this. And the evic is more durable than you think, I accidentally threw a bag with my evic and zmax In it onto solid asphalt the other day, not a single mark in the evic, but the zmax is pretty scuffed up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
I second the MVP, nearly half the price of the evic, doesn't require buying batteries or chargers, durable as hell, stupid battery life, and despite its 5v limitation I don't see what more you could want, besides a tube mod.

You don't need to buy batteries or chargers for the evic

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

grobbins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
i love my innokin svd have had it for about a week now with the iclear30 and it is awesome. It measures maybe 1/4" taller then my vamo when they are both in 18350 mode. The svd's quality is the best i have seen yet for a china APV once you snug the telescope up there is zero rattle with anything or even wiggle it just feels solid

I am getting ready to upgrade to the SVD from the EGO style next payday! i cant wait!! But there are so many battery choices. Any one have any advice on the batt to purchase. I had wanted to get a couple of the big ones and a few of the smaller ones (for stealth vaping ;p)
On the sight I'm buying the SVD from has batts but i dont know if theyre any good...
AW 18650 Protected 2600 mAh Battery and TrustFire TF18650 2400mAh 3.7V Protected li-ion Battery

If anyone has any suggestions.... :vapor:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Okay, I have just about window shopped myself to death! About to take the plunge...taking a poll now before I buy.

Evic (mini-fied) or Innokin itaste SVD?

If you have experience with both, your preference and why would be helpful. I've seen a lot of postive feedback on the evic, but haven't seen much on the Itaste SVD yet. But other Innokin products seem to do well.

For me, $100 is a good bit of cash to drop on a mod...but the way I look at it, I've dropped about that buying other batteries/mods so hopefully, this next purchase will be my last on a device for a while.

I have both and both are solid performers. Either will be a good choice. But, to address your question, if I had to pick one or the other, I’d pick the Evic over the SVD. Major reasons are:

size – the evic fits my hand better and is more comfortable to use
functions – I love the screen on the evic and the ability to see, at a single glance, my voltage, wattage, ohms and battery life
threading – the SVD has some threading slop that is annoying
software upgrades – the evic has the potential to add functionality as new firmware releases are rolled out. There was a big gain in functionality from v1.1 to 1.2.

The evic, as with any PV, is not perfect. I don’t care for the rotating adjustment/menu selection ring. The menus, while better arranged in v1.2, are still not ideal for navigating.

The SVD also has some unique merits. I like the styling much better than the bland tube of the evic, and I love the performance of the iClear 30 (even with the non-replaceable drip tip). Having the button change color to indicate battery status is a nice addition as well as the fact that I prefer the round button on the SVD vs. the elongated button on the evic.

Hope this helps!

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
I leand towards the Innokin SVD- I dont won one but have used one. I recently upgraded from an Ego to an MVP and use the Innokin iClear 16's and replacement heads.

The reason I lean towards the SVD is that every Innokin product I have handled seems to be built like a tank and perform like a gem.

Joyetech builds great products, but ever since I have come in contact with Innokin items I am hooked on the company

TrainingDummy

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Temple, Texas, United States

My eVic fires all the way down to 1.0 ohm. Lowest I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread