attachment.php

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
AlanWoltemath:10067035 said:
You laugh while you try to make yourself feel better for buying into the provari name. Its like spending way to much on a harley when you can spend half the money for something of better quality like a honda or yamaha. Plus the provari is lacking in functionality compared to the svd. Seems pretty smart to spend less and get more.

No, I laughed because of the ignorance in your post was overwhelming. I have no need to "feel better" about buying a provari, I'm perfectly happy with it.
If you like your svd that's fine, but what the point in trying to bash what others bought?

You're out of your element Donnie.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Ok if I remember right, (no promises on that one), I said the SVD didn't make rattlesnake noises that I could hear. Well guess what.
I was WRONG AGAIN. I changed out tanks about half way through the day, and yea it makes that noise.
Guess I'll just stay with my Provari's for a while.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Ok here is my take, I did go to the vape store and I did try a Provari.
I actually went in to pick up an iclear 30.

Ok mind you I had my SVD already set.
So he asked what my resistance was and set the Provari.
The way he explained it you have to set your voltage right
to match your resistance. So I would have to agree with what I have read
vw really doesn't matter. It's like adding turbo to keep up
with a faster engine.
But I digress

My batt was at half. His was below because his
button was red
I used my Kanger T3S on both.
I have to give the edge to the provari.
The click of the button was smoothe.
Also while the SVD does produce good vape.
The vape on the provari was vapier, smoother but robust.
I will have to try it again.
The Provari is like a Mercedes, once u drive one
no matter how old you are hooked. The SVD I lwould say is an top of the line Accord.

If you can afford it go with the Provari even though I had to use a 510 adapter
for the kanger I say Provari.

Also if you read through the thread you can see that I have been objective the whole time.
I love my SVD but I will get a Provari the first chance I get. I will try the test again.
But for now the Provari. U have to feel it to believe it.

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
Ok if I remember right, (no promises on that one), I said the SVD didn't make rattlesnake noises that I could hear. Well guess what.
I was WRONG AGAIN. I changed out tanks about half way through the day, and yea it makes that noise.
Guess I'll just stay with my Provari's for a while.

LOL .. I noticed it as well. Not a biggie though, it's really noticeable on the SID

Ravalstoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Ive seen a lot of complaints on these threads about Provari fanboys going for the jugular. But from what I've seen the over the top comments seem to come from the haters first. I'm DO have a bias being a "fanboy" myself, but I don't mind being proven wrong either.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
I got the Provari....hate me, but my son got my hand me down SVD so all is well in vape land.
He hit the Provari and goes dang.
Plus from all that I have read I had to go with a proven track record.
My gear won't be an excuse for me to start back with the stinkies....
I got the mini 2.5

Hope you got the extension cap and a ton of extra batteries

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I remember the Vmax guys stating their device was better than the Provari last year, then it was the Zmax and the Vamo - now it's the SVD.

When all the other devices are gone and forgotten, folks will just be comparing the "next" thing to the Provari.

This time next year, I'll still be using my Provari, most of the Chinese mods that folks are raving about right now - will be landfill.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I remember the Vmax guys stating their device was better than the Provari last year, then it was the Zmax and the Vamo - now it's the SVD.

When all the other devices are gone and forgotten, folks will just be comparing the "next" thing to the Provari.

This time next year, I'll still be using my Provari, most of the Chinese mods that folks are raving about right now - will be landfill.

Let's not forget about the Lavatube, Dirk.

Oh yeah, and the Lavatube TWO. Definitely a "killer"

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Let's not forget about the Lavatube, Dirk.

Oh yeah, and the Lavatube TWO. Definitely a "killer"

The first Chinese VV to get compared to Provari, wonder how many of those are still in operation?
People used to get quite upset if you "dissed" the Lavatube - even after the point when it was revealed that they couldn't regulate too well.

Pretty much every single Chinese mod has the 33.3hz chip now - if there's a problem with one then there's a problem with all of them.
You will stumble across the occasional Chinese mod with decent components but the bulk are prone to all sorts of failures within a set amount of time.

They're a false economy in my opinion.

Last edited:

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
The first Chinese VV to get compared to Provari, wonder how many of those are still in operation?
People used to get quite upset if you "dissed" the Lavatube - even after the point when it was revealed that they couldn't regulate too well.

Pretty much every single Chinese mod has the 33.3hz chip now - if there's a problem with one the there's a problem with all of them.
You will stumble across the occasional Chinese mod with decent components but the bulk are prone to all sorts of failures within a set amount of time.

They're a false economy in my opinion.

33.3hz = *RATTLE* *RATTLE* *RATTLE* huh this tastes burnt

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread