iTaste VV by Innokin !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
I just pre-ordered one too. I've generally been happy with innokin stuffover the last couple of years, and I've really been wanting to try out VV, but I'm just not willing to use something that looks like a screwdriver. I ended up starting a huge trend of e-cigs where I work, and a lot of the people who switched have moved up to these monstrosities that look like machine parts, and that's just not for me.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I just pre-ordered one too. I've generally been happy with innokin stuffover the last couple of years, and I've really been wanting to try out VV, but I'm just not willing to use something that looks like a screwdriver. I ended up starting a huge trend of e-cigs where I work, and a lot of the people who switched have moved up to these monstrosities that look like machine parts, and that's just not for me.
I know what you mean! I have my very odd looking devices for home and walking the dog and my local haunts etc. but for out and about and formal situations, I need something that looks less 'illegal', odd or freaky hehe... What other Innokin products have you used?

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
I used the Boge Leo, which appears to now be made by Innokin, or Innokin is part of Boge. (never quite clear on that). It was good, but a little clunky and I wanted something with a clip on the cap.

That lead me to the Lea, which was a great idea, but the tank attys it uses just didn't have enough life.

Then it was the Lea Kross, which I'm using right now. It works extremely well (although I'm really hard on the switches because I take really long drags) but the the cartos are not quite doing it for me and I'm looking to go back to a tank system.

This is the one I pre-ordered. It uses tanks, and I think the VV may really help to overcome some of the minor issues I've had with other tank systems. Plus, it just looks great IMO.

I really wasn't planning on switching, since overall I've been happy with the Lea Kross, but one of the guys at work mentioned that provari was coming out with a 'mini.' Which got me intrigued. Suffice it to say that their idea of a mini, and my idea of a mini, are two very different things. But, that lead me to the itaste, which I probably would have ordered faster if I hadn't spent a few minutes wondering if I could stomach a product with such an idiotic name. lol

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Last edited:

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
It will probably come down, but if you're expecting it to come down a lot, I wouldn't hold my breath. Being a VV battery, it's always going to be quite a bit ore expensive than anything else out there. $40 is pretty reasonable when you consider that an off-brand immitation of the pro-vari is $80 for the battery housing only.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i was very close to preordering the ITaste from Discount Vapers. At the beginning of this week, they were listed for $59.99. yesterday i noticed that they went up to $69.99. Still probably the best price out there. and this is not even my reason for not pre-purchasing it.

the specification that says "the unit will shut down once the voltage reaches 3.3" or something to that effect is troubling. it leads me to believe that the device is unregulated. not that there is anything wrong with unregulated, its just not for me (i dont really know WHO its for, but im trying to give unregulated devices the benefit of the doubt).

if the device "reaches" 3.3 this is not good IMO. the voltage shouldnt be "reaching" anything. it should just BE what it is. if the device were truly a VV device, the voltage would not drop, it would simply cease to produce power/vapor when the batt died. it wouldnt be gradually decreasing voltage as it dies.

now, im not 100% sure that this is what the aformentioned spec is getting at, but it sure seems like it is to me.

the sleekness and coolness of the device almost blinded me. im glad the price went up because it made me question the product and think about my purchase instead of just impulsively buying it due to the "OooShiny" appearance.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
now, im not 100% sure that this is what the aformentioned spec is getting at, but it sure seems like it is to me.

I believe you've got this one all wrong. As a battery drains, the power output drops. Regulated or not, this is a simple fact of battery power. Regulators smooth it out, but the battery itself, the actual battery cells, always do this.

What I got from that line is that when the voltage output of the actual battery drops to 3.3v, which would be critically low for a 5 volt battery, the regulator cuts the power so you can't damage the battery by running it dry. That's actually a very good feature. It's very tough for a regulator to bump voltage up enough to make a 3.3v battery run at 5v, and it requires a huge current draw. Doing that to a battery that can probably put out 5 or 6v when fully charged once it's down to 3.3v would almost certainly damage the battery and/or the regulator.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
I get the impression that the pen cap would only fit if you're using their proprietary "Tidy10 Clearomizers". Not a huge deal I guess (if they work).

According to Discountvapers, it comes with the 510 adapter.

I am a little concerned whether it's boosted or not,or if the highest setting only gives what the battery's charge is.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I've been wondering if the cap will fit with a driptip on. If I have to remove the driptip and store it seperately everytime... that may not work so well for me. Also I don't like that flat ciggy shape of the carto without a driptip, brings back unhappy memories of my OLD mini 402's and RN4081's lol.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
I've been wondering if the cap will fit with a driptip on. If I have to remove the driptip and store it seperately everytime... that may not work so well for me. Also I don't like that flat ciggy shape of the carto without a driptip, brings back unhappy memories of my OLD mini 402's and RN4081's lol.

I haven't gotten mine yet, but if they made the cap in similar proportions to the Innokin Lea, you'll be able to use one of the short drip tips on a regulat 510 atty, but if you're trying to use a drip tip on a carto, you'll be out of luck.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I haven't gotten mine yet, but if they made the cap in similar proportions to the Innokin Lea, you'll be able to use one of the short drip tips on a regulat 510 atty, but if you're trying to use a drip tip on a carto, you'll be out of luck.
Oh, thanks Vee! When will you be getting yours? Please don't forget to come back here and tell us you findings! What color did you order?

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
I ordered the chameleon color from whitestagvapor.com. I've emailed briefly with him, and it looks like I should be getting it sometime next week. His order was supposed to come Monday or Tuesday, which of course means Tuesday or Wednesday since there's no mail Monday. I sprung for Priority Mail, so I'm thinking Friday or Saturday, maybe Thursday if I'm lucky. Thom is usually really good about getting things shipped out fast.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
So far it's working pretty good and really easy to change voltages. The changeable atomizer/tank system it has is alot better than the eGo-C system and has different ohm options for 3.3-5 volts. The Tidy Cartos it comes with are just like the phoenix bottom coils from Gotvapes. Both the atomizer/tank and Tidy Carts need a good break in to reach true flavor potentiel. As far as the device goes it's solid with a unique LCD screen that just looks like a chrome mirror finished plate instead of a screen. I measured it out on my multimeter and it's dead on...if I set it to 5.0 my multimeter says 5.02. You can also plug a tiny cable into the bottom and use it as a PT as it's charging wich is nice. Oh yeah, the magnet system is a great innovation...diggin that. Just snaps right in and stays sturdy.

I'll have a video review up not too long from now after I do the V-Max review.

Happy vaping!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread