The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

iTaste VV by Innokin !!

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by dragonbone, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VeeDubb65

VeeDubb65 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Monmouth, OR
    Anybody know of a vendor with the chameleon V2 batteries in stock? Mine's about worn out, and I don't want to buy a whole new kit.

2. c0de

c0de Full Member

Aug 11, 2012
    USA
  3. VeeDubb65

Sep 15, 2010
    Monmouth, OR
  4. daftlush

daftlush Full Member Verified Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Im waiting for a vw version

Sent from my SGS3.

5. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Why? Are there any reports of one?

6. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
  7. awsum140

awsum140 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    OK, so the VV-V2 had been in use for a while. Has anyone noticed a drop off of battery life - vape time - besides me? I'm at the 50 recharges level on both of mine and they are starting to produce less useable time already. Yeah, I track every recharge.

8. VeeDubb65

Sep 15, 2010
    Monmouth, OR
    I know this is a seriously late reply, but I've found the same more or less.

I don't count recharges since I try very hard to never drain the battery completely. (very bad thing to do to a lithium battery) I also don't really time my usage, but a brand new one will get me to work, through work, and home from work without charging and might 'just' stay going yellow on the way home. After a month or two, it starts going red on the way home if I haven't charged it, and after 3+ months I find that I have to top the battery off at least once between breaks at work. Of course, that's really not a problem for me since there's about a bajillion desktops where I work and nobody minds if I plug it into a USB port to charge.

However, that's about the same experience I've had with every PV that has a battery of similar capacity. Seems to me it's to be expected.

On a brighter note, there was some discussion of the drip-tip style mouthpieces that would work properly with the Tidy10 v2 cartos, and nobody could find them for sale state-side. Well, I just did.

They sell them at Tidy10 510 Bottom Coil Clearomizer You can't buy just the tip, but you can add one to a 50pack of the cartos for an extra $2. I just ordered a 5-pack w/ mouthpiece, and I'll post back when it arrives.

9. Hedgehog83

Hedgehog83 Full Member Verified Member

Hi guys,
    i'm totally newbie in vaping.
    Just wanna ask you opinion which atomizer should i get for ITaste VV from the following, and why.

1. V3 clearo (CE5)
    2. Innokin CE5 Dual clearo

actually i wanna get vivi nova but right now, its not in stock and i can't wait to have my first puff.

or is there any other clearomizer you guys can recommend me to get.

and for those who know or every tried Innokin 510 Tidy Clearo, can you guys tell me how long is it gonna last? how many times i can refill it before i need to change to the new clearo.

I've heard that this type is suitable for juice tasting, but also some comments saying that this clearo is easily leak one.

I'm sorry if the questions are too dumb. I guess all of us have been through this situation before right?

10. JenP

JenP Full Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Sydney
    Hi there! No questions are ever 'dumb' about vaping, especially it gets you off the cigarettes. I'm fairly new to vaping myself (3 mths).

Both the Stardust V3 and the Innokin are fine. I use both with my iTastes. I have two of the Version 3 iTaste VV's without the magnetic connection. One has a native 510 connector (iTaste V3 Mini Kit) and the other has a native 510/ego thread connector- (iTaste V3 Express Kit.) I bought them from different vendors (China) and hadn't realised the Mini-Kit one only had the 510 connector and not the ego threads as well, but it was only $37 with the USB charger. The Express kit I got also came with USB and Wall adapter plus 5 Innokin IClear16 clearos for $65.

If you have the Version 2 model with the magnetic connector and 510 adapter, the pen cap won't fit over the Stardust/Innokin CE5 clearos. But that doesn't affect anything other than not having a cap.

Personally I think the build quality of the Innokin clearo is better. I sometimes find the Stardusts leak out the mouth piece after laying my iTaste down. I've found it's because the mouth piece can get a little loose and not make a good seal with the top of the air-tube. Don't overfill them and try not to get ejuice down the air tube. But you can just blow through them into a tissue to clear the air tube if you do.

You'll get sick of refilling the tidy 10's if you are a reasonably heavy vaper as they don't have much capacity. And yes, I had a few leakage problems with them sometimes. They're okay, but I ended up just using them to taste new ejuices once I got some Stardusts/CE5's.

I also use a small/slim tank from IBtanked with standard or long Boge cartos which produces a great vape too.

I also use the 3ml bottom coil Kanger T3 Clearo or the Kanger MTBCC Clearo (with metal casing) on the iTaste which has the native 510/ego connector. You'll need an Ego adapter for these if you only have a 510 connector. The vape is slightly cooler with the bottom coil clearos than on the Stardust so I use them for dessert/sweet vapes.

Sometimes I even just use some leftover V2cig pre-filled cartos with a 901 adapter....

The main thing with the iTaste VV is to check the clearo/carto voltage range with the iTaste first (hold down both buttons) and set the voltage within that range (hold down one button to view. The puff counter shows first, then the current voltage. Change the voltage up with the top button or down with bottom button) so you don't burn them out. Start low and move up till you find your sweet spot.

You can do some research on Low Resistance clearos (LR) and standard (SR) for most clearos. Better to get the clearos with the replaceable atomiser heads as it's cheaper than getting a whole new clearo. I use a range of clearos with different ohms, but actually forget which ones I've got on unless I check the voltage range. When they start to taste really bland or burnt, I replace the atomiser heads. A lot of that depends on what e-juice you use, how often you vape, what voltage you use and what ohms your clearos are.

The Vivi Nova will look big and top heavy on the iTaste (it's more suited to big mods like a Provari/Lavatube). The mini Vivi Nova will look better as it's slimmer.

I also have an Ego C twist 650 mah as a backup, throw in a pocket battery.

If you have a Black iTaste, be careful as the matt paint/coating can scratch if you throw it in the side pocket of a bag which has coins or something else in it.... like I did. The White color apparently has a more textured surface and the Chameleon color has a glossy surface. With my scratched Black one, I used a dremel to sand off the paint and now it's a nice brass color. My Chameleon color one hasn't scratched at all.

Good luck with your vaping journey! You'll enjoy the iTaste VV. Good choice! It's stylish, well built, a fairly small size for a VV battery, with a pretty decent battery life - 800 mah - that lasts me all day.
    I'm really happy with the iTaste (at least for now- that mini Provari sometimes beckons me....)

Now your main task is to find your perfect all day vape ejuice....

11. JenP

JenP Full Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Sydney
    Clarvian, I just noticed on another thread that you have the Version 2 iTaste with the magnetic connector and 510 adapter, so I'm not entirely sure which of the clearos will fit the magnetic 510 adapter. Anything with a 510 only connector will probably be okay, but some clearos have the ego threaded skirt as well as the 510. However, you can order a 510/ego adapter just in case. Or a 510/510 adapter if you need a little height out of the 510 well to make a proper connection.

12. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    That clears up a lot of questions. Good stuff man, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.