Ithaka Clone is shorting- I don't see a clear solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntheProwl

Aug 6, 2013
Bay Area, CA
My Hercules has been fighting with me since I got it. Typically for Ithakas and their clones, the 510 post doesn't align. As per Imeo, you just push it over with your fingernail or a flathead, etc., and it will align and it does. I get it in aligned and my wires are clean and not touching and they appear to be out of the way of the retaining cap that goes over the piece in the pictures so I don't think that is the cause. I have successfully gotten a good roll going twice on single coils, never on a dual. They ran at 1.4 and 1.7 ohms. The first was 2 wicks, 1 coil and it worked till i cleaned it out and changed the eliquid. After I did that(which requires I take the retainer cap off of the section holding the ceramic) it went kaput. The second time it failed was when I was sitting on the couch, having a good old vape, and then it shorted after a days worth of half-way decent vaping on a 1.7ohm coil. Half-way is pushing it mind you. Please review the photos and let me know if there is anything that I could try or that could possibly be making this go awry.

240799d1376248654-ithaka-clone-hercules-shorting-issues-image.jpg

240800d1376248660-ithaka-clone-hercules-shorting-issues-image1.jpg

240801d1376248667-ithaka-clone-hercules-shorting-issues-image2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread